Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 6 UL classes to graduate
Hopefully not, as a few members including myself keep a weekly update or maintenance of a spreadsheet of courses. You can always check with both Study.com and most importantly TESU before taking their courses.

Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=28423
The one you provided is an older speculative thread, and it refers to History 108, not 308.
Study.com updated their webpage post 1/1, and hope they’ll be able to keep everything UL.

Here’s another link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=28270
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • collegechick, Study.com
(01-26-2018, 01:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 02:53 PM)collegechick Wrote: Where did you find the list of all the Upper Level courses on these sites?  While I appreciate the suggestions, many of those classes are of no interest to me.  Just curious where I can see lists of available upper level courses to pick from?  Thank you for your help!

There is no "list" of all of the UL courses available.  You can go onto ACE and check to see which courses are UL.

But some of us here on this forum keep a list of courses, I personally have an Excel spreadsheet that is 1300+ lines long.  I update it based on what people here report when courses are transferred to TESU.

I started years ago with a few course providers, put in the course info for each, looked them all up on ACE/NCCRS to see what the recommendation was, and then went from there, adding notes and TESU course equivalencies as I read about them.  As more course providers came on board, those were added as well.

I don't publish it, because it is literally constantly changing.  I probably change things at minimum once a week, and sometimes more often.  It's fairly time-consuming.   I know others on here have their own lists as well.

Asking for a list of ALL UL courses is asking for too much (there are WAY too many to list).  Instead, you can ask some specific questions, and people will throw stuff out there.  Like, "I enjoy Shmoop, what are the UL courses there?" or "I would like some UL Psych courses" or "What UL History courses will satisfy TESU's requirements for a History degree?"

Ah, so that's how you work your sorcery!  Tongue   I didn't know all of you fabulous students have been keeping these detailed records!  Thank you for educating me and sharing your knowledge.  

I am still a little confused with Study.com.  So, it's a site where I can take/study/test for classes?  I am interested in taking DSST Substance Abuse and found study guides for that on Study.com too?  Where does one get their material to study DSST exams?  Also, how does Shmoop work?  Are those credits transferred to an ACE transcript too?  Shmoop isn't proctored?

Thank you all again for educating me to this wonderful info, I really appreciate it!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
For the DSST, you use whichever materials seem best to you. It depends somewhat on which exam, your current knowledge, etc. You can use the Study.com course if one is available on that topic, the DSST official study guide, Peterson's books, InstantCert, quizlet, etc.

Study.com, yes a course has about 80-110 video lessons (with text transcripts) and you take a short quiz for each lesson. Then there are some other materials if you feel you need more before taking the final exam. Some Study.com courses require other assignments too, but most are just the quizzes and final.

Shmoop isn't proctored and yes it goes on the ACE transcript too. Shmoop has lessons, quizzes, and final.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • collegechick
The problem with publishing is that somebody will decide to copy the darned thing and put it somewhere else, and soon we'll have outdated lists floating all over the place, with people coming here complaining that they used some 3 year old list and TESU didn't give them the equivalencies listed. Better the way it is.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-26-2018, 12:18 PM)davewill Wrote: The problem with publishing is that somebody will decide to copy the darned thing and put it somewhere else, and soon we'll have outdated lists floating all over the place, with people coming here complaining that they used some 3 year old list and TESU didn't give them the equivalencies listed. Better the way it is.

I knew there was a reason I didn't publish it, but my brain wasn't working late last night.

Yes, it seems as if we are doling out the info in little dribs and drabs, but honestly, people are very helpful here and tell you the most current info that we know.  If you looked at my list even 1 month ago, and used it to try to get a Psych degree at TESU, you would be PISSED that the Study.com courses have been downgraded since then, and you've wasted time and money getting courses that won't work!

Better to continue to do it the way we are, so that people who ask questions can come and ask, and we give them updated, relevant info.

(01-26-2018, 10:38 AM)collegechick Wrote: I am still a little confused with Study.com.  So, it's a site where I can take/study/test for classes?  I am interested in taking DSST Substance Abuse and found study guides for that on Study.com too?  Where does one get their material to study DSST exams?  Also, how does Shmoop work?  Are those credits transferred to an ACE transcript too?  Shmoop isn't proctored?

Thank you all again for educating me to this wonderful info, I really appreciate it!

Study.com USED to be a study resource for CLEP, DSST and UExcel exams.  You could get a monthly subscription and then use their materials.  I don't think I ever heard of anyone using them exclusively to study for one of those exams, or how the did on them.

Anyway, it looks like April of 2016 is when they first put out their ACE-recommended courses.  I guess they figured if they were going to be putting together the courses, then they might as well be the source of credit instead of the go-between.  most of the first courses were duplicates of the CLEP & DSST exams.  I was one of those whom complained "we don't need another way to get Microeconomics!"  But, very soon after that, they started branching out a little.  Now, they have 112 courses either ACE- or NCCRS-recommended, and lots of UL ones.  They are very good about reaching out to the forum to tell us when things are happening, or trying to help people with problems or answering questions.  They continue to add courses, upgrade courses that they wanted to bring in as UL but didn't get it the first time, and branch out into different fields (so yes, they're great for a business degree, but also for Gen Ed's, psych, history, math, etc.).

Just a brief history of Study.com there.  Smile
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 438 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 649 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,161 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com and SL History Classes Duneranger 8 732 09-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What order to take classes in using Sophia ltw900rr 12 1,888 09-09-2023, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible? elcastor21 13 2,170 08-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Trying to speedrun some SDC classes: Eng 2, Comp. Arch, Soft. Eng, Python 101 Randyb100 16 1,862 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  5 Study.com Classes EXPIRING 4/30 smarterby1degree 13 2,217 05-19-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Looking for specific classes!! Caecal07 3 503 05-11-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Last classes at study.com jakill2 2 653 02-23-2023, 09:50 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree