Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice Plzzz
Hi every1,

I am taking clep for the first time on jan 06 2010. I have selected to start off with biology. I am seriously planning to study from tomorrow and I have been going over these discussions,

-Can any one tell me about how difficult biology clep is and if these 2 and half week time is good enough?
-Is it enough if i just go over the flash cards given in IC website ?
-and how do i take the REA tests or the clep mock tests?

so far i registerd for the instant cert website for clep and thats the only thing i did

I wud really appreciate anybdy's help and if u guys can answer my questions

thnx a lot in advance
suramsandeep Wrote:Hi every1,

I am taking clep for the first time on jan 06 2010. I have selected to start off with biology. I am seriously planning to study from tomorrow and I have been going over these discussions,

-Can any one tell me about how difficult biology clep is and if these 2 and half week time is good enough?
-Is it enough if i just go over the flash cards given in IC website ?
-and how do i take the REA tests or the clep mock tests?

so far i registerd for the instant cert website for clep and thats the only thing i did

I wud really appreciate anybdy's help and if u guys can answer my questions

thnx a lot in advance

Welcome to the site!

Do you have a list of the tests that you want/need to take? That would help us, help you.

The first thing I would recommend is that you do is go to the "Specific Exam Feedback Section" and check out the user feedback for the Biology Clep; you have to log on to the site and be a paying IC member to see this section...here's the link:

http://www.degreeforum.net/specific-exam...-clep.html

Unless you have a strong background in Biology, I would not recommend this as your first test. The feedback that I've seen is that it's not one of the easier tests and requires a lot of study. Again, check out the feedback and make your own decision as only you know your base knowledge of the subject.

If you can come up with the list of tests you need, we'll be able to steer you in a direction based on material overlap and ease of subjects.

Welcome to the site and good luck in your degree endeavors! Merry CHRISTmas too!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Basket Weaver Wrote:Welcome to the site!

...Unless you have a strong background in Biology, I would not recommend this as your first test!...

[COLOR="Navy"]Double Ditto!!

Bio is a very intensive exam, one of the toughest in terms of having to amass a great deal of information.

Many students start with Intro to Sociology and the continue on with other exams that contain overlap knowledge.

Good Luck and Welcome to our Classroom![/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Welcome to the forum!

Generally, it seems to take about 4 weeks of study before people have been comfortable taking this Biology exam and that does not guarantee a pass. I'm not sure how many have been able to pass with less than 4 weeks of study time.

REA is a book that you may be able to find at a library or purchase.

I recently passed the Biology CLEP and had some excellent resources. I posted them here:

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...#post67426

I did not even have time to start the IC flashcards, but I have read that they are great for this exam.

You can find out more about practice exams here: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post53668

Best wishes on your exam!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"]Double Ditto!!

Bio is a very intensive exam, one of the toughest in terms of having to amass a great deal of information.

[B]Many students start with Intro to Sociology and the continue on with other exams that contain overlap knowledge.

Good Luck and Welcome to our Classroom![/COLOR][/B]

You know I'm not sure if a thread like this exists but it's a great idea. A list of progressing CLEP's/DSST's/DANTES/ECE's that allow the person to use overlapping information to their advantage. I haven't taken enough of them to do this but there are many here that have. Hmmm....Big Grin
soupbone Wrote:You know I'm not sure if a thread like this exists but it's a great idea. A list of progressing CLEP's/DSST's/DANTES/ECE's that allow the person to use overlapping information to their advantage. I haven't taken enough of them to do this but there are many here that have. Hmmm....Big Grin

Here is one thread that was started:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ategy.html

Please add your own thoughts of how best to group these exams. I think it helps to study this way.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 667 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,630 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,218 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,045 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,011 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 706 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 974 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too 2L8 25 5,745 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Alpha
Star TESU or WGU? Advice needed, Ground 0, want to be as realistic as possible! OP88 15 4,176 05-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: OP88
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,268 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007