Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help!
Hey gang,

Its been a while.  Just wanted to say thanks again for all of u guys assistance in helping me get into Law School 

Now its my daughter's turn.  We here in Michigan are on lockdown.  So i figured she could do some quick FEMA credits and get started.  She's a HS kid btw. But looks like there's been some changes since i was last here tho.

What i need is a degree plan that can b completed quickly AND on quarantine.  Im gonna look around and see if there's a rogue testing center open but, i doubt it..

Anyways, stay safe out there.  

Thanks again
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
(03-25-2020, 02:13 PM)DetroitSki Wrote: Hey gang,

Its been a while.  Just wanted to say thanks again for all of u guys assistance in helping me get into Law School 

Now its my daughter's turn.  We here in Michigan are on lockdown.  So i figured she could do some quick FEMA credits and get started.  She's a HS kid btw. But looks like there's been some changes since i was last here tho.

What i need is a degree plan that can b completed quickly AND on quarantine.  Im gonna look around and see if there's a rogue testing center open but, i doubt it..

Anyways, stay safe out there.  

Thanks again
Go to Sophia.org because it's all free right now, get her started on the US History I because that's going to expire soon but is in for renewal, and then run through each of the courses in expiration order. Oh, when you register, stagger the start dates.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
This is exactly what I would recommend is to get all the cheap credits available for her. Then she can decide on which school out of the Big 3 she wants to transfer into (COSC would be cheapest). Do US History I, II and Public Speaking next as they expire in 3 months. It'll get her started and she'll be familiar with the process of online education, she can then do College Readiness and the two 1 credit courses, Developing Effective Teams/Essentials of Managing Conflict.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do as much Sophia as possible, wasting zero time on any courses that are normally free. Sophia 3cr courses are free now, but won't be for long. The remainder of the free courses will still be free after this whole Covid-19 thing ends.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43
Kudos to your daughter! She's been busy!
Oh further to what I mentioned, (SKIP THE FEMA), it's not worth much credit at all even if it's free, the only college that takes it is COSC and after the changes, they take 3 credits if it's not in the major, and takes 9 if you can fit it in the major or General Studies concentration. The days of getting FEMA 17-33 credits total for free are gone!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks guys,

She's breezing thru already. I'll keep u posted.
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)