Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions - Equivalent Classes, Portfolios
I will have met the residency requirements for UMaine Augusta's CADC Cert by the end of summer.  I'm left with Assessment and Planning (HUS 308) and Trauma, recognition and Intervention (HUS 232).  In order to qualify for licensure I need a human service related associates.  I absolutely meet the reqs for getting it but not residency anywhere.  If I were to apply for the associates in human service at UMA I need two fieldwork placements Undecided and interviewing skills for human services (HUS230) and Applied Professional Ethics for Human Services (HUS316) I have 98 cumulative credits. I would like to get through to working ASAP.  UMPI is an in state school for me and so far planning on taking the trauma class with them cost and that professor sucks!
There has to be a better way!
I have not personally worked with these folks, but I know several who have successfully used their courses for certification AND transferred them for college credit.  They are not accredited or recognizedby any recognized accreditor/college credit service, but they claim a high degree of success in getting their coursework accepted for college credit, and their coursework qualifies (at least in CA) for CADC certification.  And I know they have an arrangement to supervise practicum using a local site that you find, that counts for the coursework required.

Two other options I know of that have distance-based coursework that would meet the HUS 316 and HUS 320 are paloverde.edu and mjc.edu.  Both are CA community colleges, about $150/credit hour out of state.  The trauma one might be hard to find.

You might also want to check coopersmith. They have several SUD-related courses, if your school will accept NCCRS credits.
Thanks so much!  I spent the afternoon going back and forth with my advisor and turns out I need very little for my AS degree in Human Service. Id like to graduate by December!  

• HUS 212 - Case managementHUS 326 - Counseling for Substance Use Disorder HUS 233 - Trauma Recognition and InterventionHUS 308 - Assessment and PlanningHUS 316 Applied Professional EthicsFieldwork Prep And Fieldwork practice or Portfolio for PLA but Id like to take the fieldwork in Substance abuse setting.Ive met residency and was told I could look elsewhere before I apply because I Haven't yet just fixing my GPA so I can!
Caelyn 
I met with my Advisor and a degree planning coach!  They're recommending I complete my portfolio before I officially apply to my program which means I can probably finish my AA and CADC in December  and my BA the following may or December if I stay at UMA. I can do it without help but I think I'd rather just have the guidance.

Caelyn

60 RA credits American International College
20 RA credits University of Maine At Farmington
6 RA credits Central Maine Community College
15 RA credit University of Maine Augusta

15 years experience
48 professional trainings that cover 82 hrs 
7 professional certifications!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caecal07's post:
  • Vle045
Are you looking for help on what to put in your portfolio or...?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Glad you found someone who can help. I am sure you will do great!
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 515 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 280 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 348 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  WGU SE questions, pls & thx alfonsod 13 1,016 12-07-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 541 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 565 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
  UMPI BABA - Questions, Help Needed mram1 10 841 09-02-2023, 11:20 AM
  Questions about tentative UMPI degree plan Dooj 13 1,166 06-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Trying to figure out what other classes I would need. sach2380 6 674 06-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: sach2380