Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help reading Excelsior Evaluation
Hi! I applied to Excelsior and sent in all my credits. I got back my evaluation, but I'm confused on how to read this, and why they didn't accept some of my credits.

.jpg   20220301_091851.jpg (Size: 156.79 KB / Downloads: 62)

.jpg   20220301_091937.jpg (Size: 231.41 KB / Downloads: 36)

.jpg   20220301_092448.jpg (Size: 173.72 KB / Downloads: 29)

There are two classes that are missing. I sent the transcript in, but it wasn't received by the time they finished the evaluation. They are:
Intro to Religion (3 Lower level credits) (from Straighterline)
College Algebra (3 lower level math credits) (from Straighterline)

These are the classes I haven't taken yet but I was going to take: 
Accounting 102: managerial accounting
English composition I
English composition II
Principles of Management

They accepted all my credits except these ones: 
Introduction to Business (from Sophia)
Intro to accounting (from Sophia)
Principles of Finance (from Sophia)
Foundations of Statistics (from Sophia)

Does anyone know why they didn't accept these credits?
It's obviously up to each school whether they'll accept the credits or not, but they've obviously told Sophia that they'll accept Foundations of Stats: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses Even if accepted, though, it would probably be excess credit.

Intro to Business is because you have too many credits in the area where that would apply. I would guess that Intro to Accounting and Principles of Finance are the same. They don't duplicate credit that is being used, they duplicate the excess credit.

At least, I think that's what's going on.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You already have credit for Financial Accounting and that's what Intro to Accounting from Sophia is. You also already have Financial Management so Principles of Finance won't apply. You can't get double credit for the same course. Here is how Excelsior applies Sophia courses:

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses
It tells you why they're not taking courses at the bottom:

Intro to Business, because there's nowhere to put it - you've maxed out on Business credits, as well as Free Electives

Accounting from Sophia because it's a duplicate course
Finance from Sophia because it's a duplicate course
You probably noticed when taking Accounting from Sophia or Study.com that there was a lot of duplicate info there - because it's the same course. Same with Finance.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you guys so much! That clears up a lot.

So, if I'm reading my Evaluation Correctly. I still have 17 additional Lower Level business credits (NOT INCLUDING: Managerial accounting, Business Communication, Principles of Management, International Business, and the capstone), and 21 Upper Level Business Credits?
(03-02-2022, 09:58 AM)ftlmom Wrote: Thank you guys so much! That clears up a lot.

So, if I'm reading my Evaluation Correctly. I still have 17 additional Lower Level business credits (NOT INCLUDING: Managerial accounting, Business Communication, Principles of Management, International Business, and the capstone), and 21 Upper Level Business Credits?

No - I show that you need 30cr additional total in Business:

CORE
Managerial Accounting
Business Communication
Principles of Management
International Business (UL)
Capstone (UL)

CONCENTRATION
Organizational Behavior (UL)
BUSx437: Quantitative Analysis (UExcel exam - UL)

Elective
Elective
Elective

From these 30cr, 21cr must be UL (6cr from the core and 9cr from the concentration in some order).  Your best bet is to take an UL Int'l Business course (Study.com or Davar), an UL Org Behavior course (Study.com or Davar), 2 UL Electives, and 1 LL elective.

Just be aware that you can't double up on these - so if you take the LL Org Behavior course and then you take the UL Org Behavior course, they will only let you use 1.  Same with Finance.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 409 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
Thumbs Down Transfer Evaluation Woes TaraD2020 8 796 02-24-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,319 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,078 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,738 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM