Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with a Plan
Ocompleted a bunch of courses about 1.5 years ago, but started a new job so I put getting my degree on hold. At this point, I just want to get a degree from anywhere as quickly as possible. I’m worried if I don’t do it now, I never will. TBH, I don’t care from where or what degree. Would someone mind helping me set up a plan? These are the classes I have completed: 

Straighterline - Completed
Accounting I                      
Accounting II                     
Business Ethics                 
Business Law                    
Business Statistics                           
College Algebra               
Cultural Anthropology  
Introduction to Business              
Introduction to Criminal Justice
Introduction to Environmental Science
Introduction to Religion               
Macroeconomics            
Microeconomics              
Organizational Behavior               
Principles of Management          
United States History II

WGU - Completed
Critical Thinking and Logic
Introduction to IT
Introduction to Human Resource Management
Geography
Integrated Natural Science Applications
English Composition I
English Composition II
Marketing Fundamentals
Information Systems Management
Global Business 
Based on what you have listed I think that finishing at WGU would be the quickest and lowest cost.  Which program were you in?  Also, if you can tell us what you have completed with them and what it shows your missing in the program - we may be able to help you get some more low cost courses to transfer in (we know that WGU requires 30 CUs with them - that leaves 90 you can transfer in), and since you're not currently enrolled with them you can transfer more in before you re-enroll (as you're aware once you're enrolled you cannot)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I looked at TESU and WGU, you are much better off sticking with WGU to complete your BSBM, it's going to be a difference of 2 courses less at TESU, but close to twice the price.

Go sign up for Study.com, take 6 courses, then sign up for WGU, apply for the SL scholarship of $500, the Business scholarship ($500) and finish those final 10 courses in 1 term and you're at $3000 there for tuition.  TESU would be $6600.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Kibl WGU BSBM.xlsx (Size: 13.52 KB / Downloads: 17)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-17-2019, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I looked at TESU and WGU, you are much better off sticking with WGU to complete your BSBM, it's going to be a difference of 2 courses less at TESU, but close to twice the price.

Go sign up for Study.com, take 6 courses, then sign up for WGU, apply for the SL scholarship of $500, the Business scholarship ($500) and finish those final 10 courses in 1 term and you're at $3000 there for tuition.  TESU would be $6600.

And since you've already taken quite a few courses through WGU - you could only have 8 left to complete with them (courses that must be completed with then, or there is no easy option for transfer) if you transfer in the max.

As far as the WGU discount, I have not heard of anyone getting more than one of the scholarship options - so figure a $500 per term discount due to the SL courses only (you already have more than enough SL courses for it to apply to you)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-17-2019, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I looked at TESU and WGU, you are much better off sticking with WGU to complete your BSBM, it's going to be a difference of 2 courses less at TESU, but close to twice the price.

Does WGU make a clear distinction between upper level & lower level courses?

I only ask because it isn't clear on this spreadsheet, nor is it clear from reviewing the basic information on the BSBM page on WGU's website.
(11-15-2019, 09:10 AM)terryd5150 Wrote:

I only ask because it isn't clear on this spreadsheet, nor is it clear from reviewing the basic information on the BSBM page on WGU's website.

I found the answer by pulling the WGU Catalog; however, if anyone has insight on how Study.com/Straighterline/Davar Academy courses transfer into WGU's BSBM program (LL v. UL), please feel free to share.
(11-15-2019, 03:44 PM)terryd5150 Wrote:

I found the answer by pulling the WGU Catalog; however, if anyone has insight on how Study.com/Straighterline/Davar Academy courses transfer into WGU's BSBM program (LL v. UL), please feel free to share.
Davar will not transfer into WGU - it's NCCRS only, not ACE
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • terryd5150
https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • terryd5150
(11-15-2019, 08:26 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 03:44 PM)terryd5150 Wrote:

Davar will not transfer into WGU - it's NCCRS only, not ACE
I didn't know that WGU wouldn't accept NCCRS; thank you for clearing that up for me.

(11-15-2019, 08:32 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

That's very helpful; thank you.

I found this WGU transfer guide on Study.com. It may be helpful for others, so I'm linking it here:

https://study.com/college/school/western...rsity.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 617 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 831 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  UMass Global plan expansion! bjcheung77 1 742 07-16-2022, 12:36 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tuition-Free College Movement Gains Momentum, Despite Biden’s Stalled Plan LevelUP 6 1,437 03-06-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UNC’s $97 Million Plan bjcheung77 4 954 12-13-2021, 12:51 PM
  Help with AA plan? iwantmydegreeplz 7 1,829 01-15-2020, 10:40 AM
Last Post: allvia
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,465 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
  Help with degree plan mlowry7 2 972 10-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cookderosa