Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a fast and cheap degree?
Just found this site, its amazing! I need a fast and cheap degree to satisfy a future promotion at work, any will do. What are my options? Thank you guys so much!
Read this post by bjcheung77 (direct link provided) so you'll know what we need to know before we can help you most efficiently - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid264199

Here is the link to the forum's wiki (which is also mentioned in the post mentioned above) https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-26-2019, 03:29 PM)allvia Wrote: Read this post by bjcheung77 (direct link provided) so you'll know what we need to know before we can help you most efficiently - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid264199

Here is the link to the forum's wiki (which is also mentioned in the post mentioned above) https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
Honestly doesn’t matter what the degree is, just need one. I have no prior college credits. Hopefully that helps?
(10-26-2019, 04:42 PM)Marquette_Wildcat Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 03:29 PM)allvia Wrote: Read this post by bjcheung77 (direct link provided) so you'll know what we need to know before we can help you most efficiently - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid264199

Honestly doesn’t matter what the degree is, just need one. I have no prior college credits. Hopefully that helps?
Some basic questions:

How old are you?

What industry do you work in or type of job do you do?

What subject areas are you best at?

Do you prefer lots of quizzes or having all your grades be based on one test?

How do you feel about writing essays?

What do you value most. Speed? Cost? Easiness of courses? Something else?

Are you considering grad school?

Are you living in the US or US citizen?

Do you receive Pell grant? (Due to low income)
(10-26-2019, 05:34 PM)natshar Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:42 PM)Marquette_Wildcat Wrote:

Some basic questions:

How old are you?

What industry do you work in or type of job do you do?

What subject areas are you best at?

Do you prefer lots of quizzes or having all your grades be based on one test?

How do you feel about writing essays?

What do you value most. Speed? Cost? Easiness of courses? Something else?

Are you considering grad school?

Are you living in the US or US citizen?

Do you receive Pell grant? (Due to low income)
Let’s see, I’m a US citizen in my late twenties. Work in sales/real estate. I’m good at most subjects excluding advanced math. I’m willing to do whatever work is necessary to finish a degree. I suppose I value speed of completion most of all. I would consider grad school. Not sure about the Pell Grant? Thank you
Let’s see, I’m a US citizen in my late twenties. Work in sales/real estate. I’m good at most subjects excluding advanced math. I’m willing to do whatever work is necessary to finish a degree. I suppose I value speed of completion most of all. I would consider grad school. Not sure about the Pell Grant? Thank you
[/quote]

So you'll want to decide between business or liberal arts. Sounds like business is a better fit. Charter Oak State College's degree in business is DIY except for 2 classes that you take with them. The DIY classes and tests are self-paced, so speed is what you make it. I did my first 60 credits (20 classes) in 6 months, then used a full 12 months to do my last 60. So, my BA from 0-graduation took 18 months. I could have gone faster if I had more free time or money.
I read on another thread that WGU could actually be a faster route than The Big Three(and cheaper in the long run), is that true?
(10-27-2019, 09:35 AM)Marquette_Wildcat Wrote: I read on another thread that WGU could actually be a faster route than The Big Three(and cheaper in the long run), is that true?

The general approach is the same as the Big3, you take as many credits as you can by alternate means. For WGU, than means you'll have about 30 credits left to do at WGU. As long as you are able to complete those credits in one six month term, it can be cheaper. Probably not particularly faster.

A downside is that WGU does not offer as many different degrees as the Big3.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-27-2019, 10:20 AM)davewill Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 09:35 AM)Marquette_Wildcat Wrote: I read on another thread that WGU could actually be a faster route than The Big Three(and cheaper in the long run), is that true?

The general approach is the same as the Big3, you take as many credits as you can by alternate means. For WGU, than means you'll have about 30 credits left to do at WGU. As long as you are able to complete those credits in one six month term, it can be cheaper. Probably not particularly faster.

A downside is that WGU does not offer as many different degrees as the Big3.

I think it depends. Wgu could be faster because if all of the big three requiring capstone and cornerstone plus the limited times of year they confer degrees. You are looking at around a year minimum from start to conferal. If someone had prior credit or earned bunch quickly and started wgu asap it might be faster. Also wgu confers degrees quicker if you finish early you don't have to wait until the end of the 6 months for conferal.

Not saying this is ideal for everyone but if you had a good test center and time it would be the fastest. First apply to wgu. Then basically go ba4inweeks style and take a bunch of clep and dsst tests in the course of a week or two. This would involve taking multiple tests a day. Then enroll at wgu and knock out the rest of the degree in a few months or less. This is the fastest possible bachlors degree I can think of. From start to finish anywhere from 3 - 6 months depending on fast you work through everything.

Also I've heard on reddit people have finish a whole wgu business degree in 6 months with no transfer credit but that requires knowledge and dedication.
An average productive person can do these online courses in less than 20hrs each. I would shoot for 1 course per week at a minimum.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,507 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 586 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 266 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 610 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,730 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 499 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 284 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 850 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,235 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM