Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice!
I'm seriously considering getting a BS in Cybersecurity Exceltrack at Purdue Global, would they accept transfer of credits that are a couple decades old?

Drexel U 1991
R101 Composition 3.00 A
E030 Graphical Comm 2.00 C
R102 Read & Research 3.00 B
M720 Programming Lang 3.00 B
N614 Intro to Pascal 3.00 B

Temple U 1992
C055 Math 3.00 B

Community College 1993
DP103 Micro Application 3.00 A
DP104 Micro Oper Sys 3.00 B
DP106 Intro Bus Prog 4.00 A
DP125 Intro Windows Dtp 3.00 A

And completed recently:

Sophia 2021
Environmental Science 3.0
Visual Communication 3.0
Intro to Psychology 3.0
Intro to IT 3.0
College Algebra 3.0

CompTIA A+ 2001
Coursera Google IT Support 2021

I heard CompTIA automatically renews lower tier certs when successfully obtaining higher tier ones so I was thinking of getting the CySA+ cert since it appears to knock out a handful of courses at Perdue.  I did struggle a bit to finish the Algebra course at Sophia - took me the longest to complete at 3 weeks, so I'm guessing Discrete Math is going to kill me, any recommendations where to take it that will transfer in?  Thanks for any advice!
Yes, they will take old courses, my husband transferred in Gen Eds from the 90's, no problem. It looks like between your old courses and Sophia, you have the GE completed; then Study.com's MATH 107: Quantitative Literacy transfers in as Discrete Math, so no worries, it's not harder than College Algebra I don't think.

I would do the CySA+ cert which would take care of 4 courses + an elective, then do 4 courses in the major at Study.com to knock out 4 more.

Send everything in, have an eval done (it only takes a few days), then knock out any remaining electives if there are any with any ACE credit, then enroll and do the rest there. I think it will be CS212: Communicating Professionalism (basically their cornerstone) and 8 courses in your major. 1-2 terms would be it, depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your studies.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
> Yes, they will take old courses, 

sometimes technical courses have a time limit even though general ed courses do not             
they want to make sure the technical content is current -- so Intro to Pascal may not transfer in

Quantitative Literacy transfers in as Discrete Math

seriously ??            
Quantitative Literacy is basically Basic Statistics          

I'm surprised they take it as Discrete Math
(09-15-2021, 09:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, they will take old courses, my husband transferred in Gen Eds from the 90's, no problem. It looks like between your old courses and Sophia, you have the GE completed; then Study.com's MATH 107: Quantitative Literacy transfers in as Discrete Math, so no worries, it's not harder than College Algebra I don't think.

I would do the CySA+ cert which would take care of 4 courses + an elective, then do 4 courses in the major at Study.com to knock out 4 more.

Send everything in, have an eval done (it only takes a few days), then knock out any remaining electives if there are any with any ACE credit, then enroll and do the rest there.  I think it will be CS212: Communicating Professionalism (basically their cornerstone) and 8 courses in your major.  1-2 terms would be it, depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your studies.

Communicating Professionalism is no longer offered according to my husband's advisor. It's been removed from his degree plan. He's in the ExcelTrack for the BS in Analytics.
If the program is something you're interested in, apply and see where the credits land. Once you have an evaluation, you'll know where you stand and can take up to 75% of transfer credit through alternative credits. I would hit that threshold before beginning the program, once in that program, go ahead and do your thing, complete the courses with knowledge you currently have in those subjects... the main thing is, time management!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-15-2021, 11:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 09:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, they will take old courses, my husband transferred in Gen Eds from the 90's, no problem. It looks like between your old courses and Sophia, you have the GE completed; then Study.com's MATH 107: Quantitative Literacy transfers in as Discrete Math, so no worries, it's not harder than College Algebra I don't think.

Send everything in, have an eval done (it only takes a few days), then knock out any remaining electives if there are any with any ACE credit, then enroll and do the rest there.  I think it will be CS212: Communicating Professionalism (basically their cornerstone) and 8 courses in your major.  1-2 terms would be it, depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your studies.

Communicating Professionalism is no longer offered according to my husband's advisor. It's been removed from his degree plan. He's in the ExcelTrack for the BS in Analytics.

It's still on my daughter's degree plan, and it's on their website for all degrees. So it's curious.  I wonder if they're going to replace it with something else, or reduce the number of courses/credits in the core, or what?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-16-2021, 02:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It's still on my daughter's degree plan, and it's on their website for all degrees. So it's curious.  I wonder if they're going to replace it with something else, or reduce the number of courses/credits in the core, or what?

They are reevaluating his transcripts and are converting it to general education credits. He was notified a few months ago that the class was no longer available and being removed from his degree plan. They actually did it last week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 3 53 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,938 10 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 377 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,034 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 160 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 520 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 4 294 04-07-2024, 01:50 PM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,277 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Advice Needed. PML0924 2 145 04-01-2024, 09:22 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 209 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM