Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need assistance to finish degree...Please
Hello all. Ive been lurking for a bit and finally decided to get started on finished my Bachelor’s degree. I submitted transcripts from a number of traditional schools and for military training to Excelsior and they came back with a plan for a BS Liberal Arts. 

My goal is the complete a BA/BS in the quickest least painful amount of time. Cost is less of a factor than expediency or ease, but obviously is still a thought. The actual type of accredited degree isn’t altogether too important, but I would like to do a masters in the future.

I will list what they are telling me below. The questions that I have are; Is it worthwhile to provide the same transcripts to TESU or anyone else? And secondly, where do I look to determine where I would take a course or test (SDC, Sophia, CLEP, etc). I am looking for recommendations to meet the requirements quickly and efficiently.

According to Excelsior, I need the following course credits. See attached picture.

I was thinking I could do the SDC Library Science 101 for the information literacy requirement, as well as Sophia for intro to ethics as a start. 

I obviously cannot get around the capstone, but I need recommendations in all other areas.

If I should stay with Excelsior, what specific courses/tests should I look at to fulfill my requirements? 

TIA!

Attached Files
.jpeg   9A36419B-E779-499C-8134-5C5A662730E6.jpeg (Size: 377.28 KB / Downloads: 45)
.pdf   Courses.pdf (Size: 79.29 KB / Downloads: 32)
Never2Late2Educate, hey, just wondering, are you Never2Late2Learn? 

Anyways, it may be best to copy/paste all the courses you have taken (without your personal info), in you evaluation it should already show you what courses have been used. 

There are a number of providers and optional courses that you can use to finish your degree - cheap/easy/fast. 

Without knowing what you already have, giving blank recommendations would be repetitive, if you already have the course taken elsewhere.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
EC requires you to take the Info Lit course at EC. There is no exception to this rule. You must complete 7 credits at EC - Cornerstone, info Lit, and Capstone.

Sophia is $79 a month and they offer Introduction to Ethics which EC will accept.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
(09-09-2020, 11:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Never2Late2Educate, hey, just wondering, are you Never2Late2Learn? 

Anyways, it may be best to copy/paste all the courses you have taken (without your personal info), in you evaluation it should already show you what courses have been used. 

There are a number of providers and optional courses that you can use to finish your degree - cheap/easy/fast. 

Without knowing what you already have, giving blank recommendations would be repetitive, if you already have the course taken elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply and that makes sense, although, I have taken many courses (well in excess of 120 credits, plus a ton for work such as FEMA, etc.) Excelsior has only accepted about 100. I’ll try to gather the transcripts together and find a way to show the coursework.

(09-09-2020, 11:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote: EC requires you to take the Info Lit course at EC. There is no exception to this rule. You must complete 7 credits at EC - Cornerstone, info Lit, and Capstone.

Sophia is $79 a month and they offer Introduction to Ethics which EC will accept.

Thank you. I saw a reply in another string that talked about SDC Library Science 101 being accepted for Info Literacy, but it must have been associated with TESU or potentially incorrect info.
(09-09-2020, 11:56 AM)Never2Late2Educate Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 11:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Never2Late2Educate, hey, just wondering, are you Never2Late2Learn? 

Thanks for your reply and that makes sense, although, I have taken many courses (well in excess of 120 credits, plus a ton for work such as FEMA, etc.) Excelsior has only accepted about 100. I’ll try to gather the transcripts together and find a way to show the coursework.

(09-09-2020, 11:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote: EC requires you to take the Info Lit course at EC. There is no exception to this rule. You must complete 7 credits at EC - Cornerstone, info Lit, and Capstone.

Thank you. I saw a reply in another string that talked about SDC Library Science 101 being accepted for Info Literacy, but it must have been associated with TESU or potentially incorrect info.

That course USED to be accepted by TESU. It is no longer accepted. Each school has their own requirements which change every year. Sometimes more often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
(09-09-2020, 12:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

That course USED to be accepted by TESU. It is no longer accepted. Each school has their own requirements which change every year. Sometimes more often.

Got it.. That’s what I get for lurking and not “doing”... Thanks for the feedback!
(09-09-2020, 12:59 PM)Never2Late2Educate Wrote:

Got it.. That’s what I get for lurking and not “doing”... Thanks for the feedback!

The information literacy requirement is an easy one to complete through EC. With you having mentioned cost being less of a significant factor; the course is a self-paced, 1 credit, pass or fail, course that can be completed in a couple of days without distractions. 

Sophia is a good place to start to complete your remaining LL requirements to include the ethics, humanities, and LL depth 2 classes. 

The 1 credit in any academic area should be filled by completing the information literacy course.

Look at coopersmith for your 9.00 remaining upper level arts and sciences, there are a few UL psychology and sociology courses (however, you will need to complete 1 course within your depth 2 discipline) that will fill the requirement with a few days of studying the provided crash course power point and completing a proctored exam. A 70% or above on the exam will pass for transfer credit to EC. 

It is always beneficial to see if other schools will offer you more transfer credit. If TESU accepts more credit then that will probably be your best option, just depends on if you want to part with the money for application fees and transcripts. It seems like you only need to complete very few courses so ultimately the decision comes down to if you want to go through another evaluation for 1 or 2 more additional courses worth of credits.

[-] The following 1 user Likes BBryant165's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
(09-09-2020, 01:33 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 12:59 PM)Never2Late2Educate Wrote:

The information literacy requirement is an easy one to complete through EC. With you having mentioned cost being less of a significant factor; the course is a self-paced, 1 credit, pass or fail, course that can be completed in a couple of days without distractions. 

Sophia is a good place to start to complete your remaining LL requirements to include the ethics, humanities, and LL depth 2 classes. 

The 1 credit in any academic area should be filled by completing the information literacy course.

Look at coopersmith for your 9.00 remaining upper level arts and sciences, there are a few UL psychology and sociology courses (however, you will need to complete 1 course within your depth 2 discipline) that will fill the requirement with a few days of studying the provided crash course power point and completing a proctored exam. A 70% or above on the exam will pass for transfer credit to EC. 

It is always beneficial to see if other schools will offer you more transfer credit. If TESU accepts more credit then that will probably be your best option, just depends on if you want to part with the money for application fees and transcripts. It seems like you only need to complete very few courses so ultimately the decision comes down to if you want to go through another evaluation for 1 or 2 more additional courses worth of credits.

Thanks for the info> I believe TESU requires you to enroll first to get a evaluation? If that is the case, it may not be worth doing. I had not heard of coppersmith, but will take a look at it.
(09-09-2020, 02:04 PM)Never2Late2Educate Wrote: Thanks for the info> I believe TESU requires you to enroll first to get a evaluation? If that is the case, it may not be worth doing. I had not heard of coppersmith, but will take a look at it.

You don't have to enroll but you do have to apply. This costs $50.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
Are you active military now?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 164 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 144 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,747 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 205 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,558 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 216 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 628 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,124 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 256 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,211 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK