Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need assistance to finish degree...Please
(09-09-2020, 05:31 PM)allvia Wrote: Are you active military now?

No, I left the military a few years ago
I would probably get evaluations from TESU and COSC.

I don't know how I started with thinking about Excelsior, but both TESU and COSC ended up being better options after receiving all of my transcripts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
Do you have a set time you want to get this done and the budget you have setup for this educational journey of yours? I would apply to the Big 3 as they would take the most credit. I suspect you already have the degree completed at TESU as they only require 18 UL, you've got more than enough for a BALS with a SS (Social Sciences) concentration. You just need the general education requirements, then you're done - the majority can be done by Sophia.org and the remainder at InstantCertCredit - support this board!.

Do you have tuition reimbursement? Essentially, it's up to you to decide. Do you want this done faster and would you be winning to pay the residency waiver? Or do you want this done through COSC, you'll have to take a little longer for this plan as they require 30 UL in total. Your answer to my previous two questions will determine if you would go COSC or TESU, I think Excelsior will cost very similar to TESU and you will just need to take the very easy TEEX Death Investigation course and a couple more...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
(09-10-2020, 12:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do you have a set time you want to get this done and the budget you have setup for this educational journey of yours?  I would apply to the Big 3 as they would take the most credit.  I suspect you already have the degree completed at TESU as they only require 18 UL, you've got more than enough for a BALS with a SS (Social Sciences) concentration.  You just need the general education requirements, then you're done - the majority can be done by Sophia.org and the remainder at InstantCertCredit - support this board!.

Do you have tuition reimbursement? Essentially, it's up to you to decide.  Do you want this done faster and would you be winning to pay the residency waiver?  Or do you want this done through COSC, you'll have to take a little longer for this plan as they require 30 UL in total.  Your answer to my previous two questions will determine if you would go COSC or TESU, I think Excelsior will cost very similar to TESU and you will just need to take the very easy TEEX Death Investigation course and a couple more...

Thanks for your reply. No “set” time, but. Would like to complete in 90 days or less if possible. The budget piece is not an issue, as I have a good job, just tying to close this education issue up so I can move on to bigger things. I do not have tuition reimbursement, but I have put aside funding for my degree. 

I will look at TESC, as well as to explore their residency waiver. I am 100% disabled from the VA due to my prior military service. Potentially they have a program to assist in that.
(09-11-2020, 09:09 AM)Never2Late2Educate Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 12:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do you have a set time you want to get this done and the budget you have setup for this educational journey of yours?  I would apply to the Big 3 as they would take the most credit.  I suspect you already have the degree completed at TESU as they only require 18 UL, you've got more than enough for a BALS with a SS (Social Sciences) concentration.  You just need the general education requirements, then you're done - the majority can be done by Sophia.org and the remainder at InstantCertCredit - support this board!.

Do you have tuition reimbursement? Essentially, it's up to you to decide.  Do you want this done faster and would you be winning to pay the residency waiver?  Or do you want this done through COSC, you'll have to take a little longer for this plan as they require 30 UL in total.  Your answer to my previous two questions will determine if you would go COSC or TESU, I think Excelsior will cost very similar to TESU and you will just need to take the very easy TEEX Death Investigation course and a couple more...

Thanks for your reply. No “set” time, but. Would like to complete in 90 days or less if possible. The budget piece is not an issue, as I have a good job, just tying to close this education issue up so I can move on to bigger things. I do not have tuition reimbursement, but I have put aside funding for my degree. 

I will look at TESC, as well as to explore their residency waiver. I am 100% disabled from the VA due to my prior military service. Potentially they have a program to assist in that.

Chapter 31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation! I am also 100% VA service connected after medical retirement from the Army. If you can convince the VA that your disabilities will eventually prevent you from doing the job the military trained you in the VA has an obligation to retrain you in something else. Getting approval at the 100% rate is really easy. This will allow you to tap into tuition assistance through the VA and also receive BAH at the GI Bill rate. Generally they may not pay for courses from say sophia or study.com but they will cover your tuition, books, supplies, etc for any classes you take through the college institution.

You can apply on ebenefits or through VA.Gov

[-] The following 1 user Likes BBryant165's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate
The fastest you can finish this degree is for March graduation at the Big 3. Essentially, you will need to take a cornerstone and capstone at the school of your choice, if you do take it at TESU, you can do both at the same time, COSC requires you to take one before the other. I would not add any other classes and use 20/80 of your energy/effort/time into each, 20% for the Cornerstone and 80% on the Capstone as it's much more difficult.

In that sense, get yourself an ACE registry account, complete all the remaining general education requirements and outstanding credits before you start your cornerstone/capstone, so you won't need to stress yourself, do course by course and add it to your ACE credit registry for banking of your credits, then once done, send everything to TESU in one fell swoop...

Because you most likely would want to get into a grad school that may require GPA scores, you may want to once again decide on doing 16 credits at TESU vs paying the residency waiver fee. If you have the energy/money/time, I would recommend the 16 credits as you can use the credits towards a BSBA as well. If you're just wanting that paper quickly, then pay the waiver fee and skip the BSBA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Never2Late2Educate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 0 19 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Freyo27
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 579 1 hour ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 5 99 1 hour ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 309 2 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 135 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,476 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,851 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 177 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 562 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower