Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help aligning with TESU BSBA CIS
Need help figuring out how close I am to TESU BSBA CIS or if another degree would require fewer additional credits.
TESU BSBA CIS Link

These are my credits and current professional licenses

PMI PMP
Exin ITIL v3 Foundations

Course                                                                            Credits
WFV1 IT Fundamentals I                                                3
LAC1 Language and Communication: Foundations       2
INC1 Integrated Natural Science                                    4
LET1 Leadership Concepts and Applications                 4
MGC1 Principles of Management                                   4
ORC1 Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior and Leadership      4
LAE1 Language and Communication: Essay                 2
AKV1 Web Programming                                               3
WSV1 Web Technologies                                               6
CLC1 Reasoning and Problem Solving                          3
AAT1 Introduction to Programming Part I                       3
INT1 Integrated Natural Science Applications                4

Also have experince in IT (systems, networks, database, report writing, data analysis, software development) and accounting system setup and administration.  How do I get credit for this experience

TY!

I'm not trying to be rude, but everything your asking has been cover already, do a quick search on the forum and you'll find a ton of information. I'm now taking my capstone to finish my BSBA-CIS, and found all of the information on here, do some searching and if you have specific questions please feel free to come back and ask.

There's an excel sheet that's has excellent information where you can test out of a lot of course, given your background you probably would be able to do alot of them.

TESU: BSBA-CIS
----------------------------------------------------
Completed Jan 2018
You'll need to send in your transcript to the school of your choice to see what credits will be accepted, and then follow the excel sheet from there.

TESU: BSBA-CIS
----------------------------------------------------
Completed Jan 2018
I have a degree plan for the BSBA CIS that is helpful.  TESU probably won't take your certs, which is a bummer.

BUT, I think that you may want to look at a WGU degree as well.  It looks like your credits may fit into their IT or BSBA plans, and you can test out of quite a bit there.  They do take certs, though, and that's very helpful.  And, their degrees are lighter in Gen Ed's and heavier in the major (about a 25/75 split instead of a 50/50 split like most schools), and it sounds like you could more quickly get an IT degree at WGU with your experience.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA CIS.xlsx (Size: 52.62 KB / Downloads: 64)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you want credit for your experience, basically, it's all done through PLA (Prior Learning Assessments ), they take at least 3-4 months of you documenting and validating your experience through various means - in essence, it's time consuming. It would be wise to only PLA the Area Of Study in the degree.

In terms of transferring your credits over, which school did you obtain those courses from? If my guess is correct, that's from WGU. Why not continue with WGU and get a Bachelors in IT with them? I understand that WGU may not be right for everyone (yes, I've read horror stories on Reddit and Techexams), but it's a very good school in my opinion.

My recommendation is to continue with WGU, I've said this before - tough it out for the remainder of that degree. If you look past their "shortcomings", you'll be in their for graduation at a faster pace than at TESU - cheaper/easier as well. The other non profit alternative to WGU would be Hodges Upower ASCIT, ladder to BS CIT program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,924 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore