Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help figuring out last 2 courses
Big Grin 
Ok so I logged on this morning to play around with academic evaluation and I discovered some of the courses I have taken lately have filled in the Liberal Studies degree at TESU quite nicely... I have 2 classes left besides the capstone course...
I'm not sure what to take to fill these spots? I prefer taking them through SL if possible but not sure what will work?  I need a course for Info Literacy and Ethics? I took Business Ethics through SL but it was put in my upper division courses so? what is the best way to fulfilL this?
For Information Literacy you can take "Intro to World Religions" on SL. For Ethics I took the free institutes ethics course but that course is only worth 2 credits. Not sure where else you can get ethics credits from.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
[-] The following 1 user Likes Synicaal's post:
  • cali86
OK .. so if i take the free one can that be put in info literacy and the SL could stay in the upper division spot?
(08-22-2017, 01:02 PM)cali86 Wrote: OK .. so if i take the free one can that be put in info literacy and the SL could stay in the upper division spot?

Yes. However, if you take the free Ethics course, it'll take care of the Ethics requirement, but you'll need an extra GenEd elective credit to make up for it being only two credits. Possibly you already have an extra GenEd credit in which case you don't need to worry. Otherwise, you'd have to pick up an extra course somewhere, preferably something easy. If you like math and you didn't grab Intermediate Algebra at ALEKS, that would be a good choice.

Your other choice would be to take a 3 credit ethics course like Saylor Environmental Ethics, but that's not an easy course at all.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • cali86
(08-22-2017, 01:19 PM)davewill Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 01:02 PM)cali86 Wrote: OK .. so if i take the free one can that be put in info literacy and the SL could stay in the upper division spot?

oh ok I have intermediate algebra already done Smile and a bunch of extra electives so should work out great. Thank you for the help!

Yes. However, if you take the free Ethics course, it'll take care of the Ethics requirement, but you'll need an extra GenEd elective credit to make up for it being only two credits. Possibly you already have an extra GenEd credit in which case you don't need to worry. Otherwise, you'd have to pick up an extra course somewhere, preferably something easy. If you like math and you didn't grab Intermediate Algebra at ALEKS, that would be a good choice.

Your other choice would be to take a 3 credit ethics course like Saylor Environmental Ethics, but that's not an easy course at all.
For Info Lit, you can take World Religions, A&I Lit or Tech Writing. Multiple places to take those.

For Ethics, the free ethics course is a duplicate of the current one you have, so don't bother. Instead, you can
1) take another Ethics course:
Ethics in America - DSST
Bioethics - UExcel
Environmental Ethics - TECEP

2) Or you can move the Ethics course you've already taken up to fulfill the ethics slot, and then take another UL course that will be used in your AOS.

I would probably choose the 2nd option, and use Study.com, because it has all 3 of the courses you can use for Info Lit, and multiple UL courses you could use in the AOS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cali86
(08-22-2017, 03:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Oh ok im definately taking second option! I do have current study.com memebership right now..

For Info Lit, you can take World Religions, A&I Lit or Tech Writing.  Multiple places to take those.

For Ethics, the free ethics course is a duplicate of the current one you have, so don't bother.  Instead, you can
1)  take another Ethics course:
Ethics in America - DSST
Bioethics - UExcel
Environmental Ethics - TECEP

2) Or you can move the Ethics course you've already taken up to fulfill the ethics slot, and then take another UL course that will be used in your AOS.

I would probably choose the 2nd option, and use Study.com, because it has all 3 of the courses you can use for Info Lit, and multiple UL courses you could use in the AOS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,463 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,352 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,092 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,085 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,737 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,235 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,738 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,550 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  TEEX Courses at TESU BSLIONS 25 6,803 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,001 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore