Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help finding Accounting equivalency
Your cheapest option should be the InstantCertCredit Managerial Accounting course that comes in as ACC-312. It should not duplicate any of your current credits in Accounting. There was a thread in regards to this, you may want to dig it up... I found it! Here's the review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...rse-Review
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-16-2021, 11:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your cheapest option should be the InstantCertCredit Managerial Accounting course that comes in as ACC-312.  It should not duplicate any of your current credits in Accounting.  There was a thread in regards to this, you may want to dig it up... I found it!  Here's the review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...rse-Review

I probably should have clarified. I've already completed for my Accounting requirements:
ACC 201 Intermediate Acctg I
ACC 202 Intermediate Acctg II
Accounting Electives:
ACC 301 Managerial Acctg
ACC 303 Cost Acctg
ACC 401 Advanced Acctg

I only need one more Accounting elective and my advisor told me I must select either:
ACC-402 Advanced Accounting II
ACC-411 Auditing

ACC-415 Advanced Audit
I can't take the TECEP for Fed Taxation again. I failed it twice and I am so mad at myself...but it was very difficult. 

I do not have the time to take the full course through TESU. This is why I need to either test out somewhere or take a low-cost (but fast) course. 
(02-17-2021, 12:22 AM)AZDan Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 11:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your cheapest option should be the InstantCertCredit Managerial Accounting course that comes in as ACC-312.  It should not duplicate any of your current credits in Accounting.  There was a thread in regards to this, you may want to dig it up... I found it!  Here's the review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...rse-Review

I probably should have clarified. I've already completed for my Accounting requirements:
ACC 201 Intermediate Acctg I
ACC 202 Intermediate Acctg II
Accounting Electives:
ACC 301 Managerial Acctg
ACC 303 Cost Acctg
ACC 401 Advanced Acctg

I only need one more Accounting elective and my advisor told me I must select either:
ACC-402 Advanced Accounting II
ACC-411 Auditing

ACC-415 Advanced Audit
I can't take the TECEP for Fed Taxation again. I failed it twice and I am so mad at myself...but it was very difficult. 

I do not have the time to take the full course through TESU. This is why I need to either test out somewhere or take a low-cost (but fast) course. 

Your advisor is wrong, you can choose anything that comes in as ACC-3XX or ACC-4XX.  You are not limited to specific courses (and on the website, it says "RECOMMENDED subjects.").  The advisor just gave you the TESU courses available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's exactly what I thought. I will try to reach someone else in academic advising today. This may open up a number of other possibilities for other courses. Does anyone know of a list of courses that may transfer in as ACC -3 or ACC-4? 

I would love to find a SDC course but I don't think they have any.
Expensive ($866), but LSU has auditing as a self-study course:

http://reg.outreach.lsu.edu/modules/shop...ID=3959464
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(02-16-2021, 11:32 PM)AZDan Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 11:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 02:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unless they changed the way their transcripts are structured, which they could have, their exams should transfer out just fine.

There is no reason their exams wouldn't transfer - if they are listed on the transcripts, any school will look at them.  Whether an individual school will accept them is questionable, but not being transferable is just silly.

I'm not even sure why they offer them if they make it this difficult to take them.

Yeah, the Rep I spoke with at CSU Global was adamant. I even asked and stated again "non transferrable?" and she said "that's right". 

The other rep at CSU Global, who I left a message for, never called me back so I'm still waiting. I want to get a copy of their syllabus to send to TESU for their approval.

Have you heard back? I'm curious if the policy has changed since I was there. I didn't get my info from a CSU rep. My info came directly from my academic advisor as I was a student there. I was interested in the exams but he told me that they don't transfer so I was like forget it. Not worth the risk. I wasn't even planning on transferring at that time, but I didn't want nontransferable credit. 
(02-17-2021, 10:52 AM)AZDan Wrote: That's exactly what I thought. I will try to reach someone else in academic advising today. This may open up a number of other possibilities for other courses. Does anyone know of a list of courses that may transfer in as ACC -3 or ACC-4? 

I would love to find a SDC course but I don't think they have any.

Honestly, I'm not certain why you would even talk to an advisor there?  As long as you know what a course comes in as, you're fine.  I would skip advising entirely, they won't be able to tell you anything about courses at other schools.

Their job is to try to steer you to their own courses.  They have NO incentive to try to help you find alternatives, nor do they really know or understand those.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, I just got off the phone with them. The rep said they are definitely transferrable, but of course it is ultimately up to the school you are transferring to, but the credits are transferrable. I am going to send the syllabus to TESU for their final approval. 

Regarding the enrollment status that I asked about, he said you do not need to be enrolled as degree-seeking student. You just need to be "enrolled" to sign up to take the assessments.

You are probably right about this. Since CSU-G is RA, then there shouldn't be any issue with TESU accepting the credits.
[-] The following 2 users Like AZDan's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(02-17-2021, 02:24 PM)AZDan Wrote: Yes, I just got off the phone with them. The rep said they are definitely transferrable, but of course it is ultimately up to the school you are transferring to, but the credits are transferrable. I am going to send the syllabus to TESU for their final approval. 

Regarding the enrollment status that I asked about, he said you do not need to be enrolled as degree-seeking student. You just need to be "enrolled" to sign up to take the assessments.

You are probably right about this. Since CSU-G is RA, then there shouldn't be any issue with TESU accepting the credits.

This policy has definitely changed since I was a student there. Good to see that the exams are now transferrable and that you don't need to be an enrolled student. That is a big change. Advisors of enrolled students did actually encourage us to take the exams. CSU made far less money on the exams than our tuition. Good luck!
(02-17-2021, 02:24 PM)AZDan Wrote: Yes, I just got off the phone with them. The rep said they are definitely transferrable, but of course it is ultimately up to the school you are transferring to, but the credits are transferrable. I am going to send the syllabus to TESU for their final approval. 

Sorry, I was mixed up.  I thought you were going to call TESU, not CSU-Global.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not even sure why CSU-G would say the credits weren't transferrable, since they don't really determine that - the receiving school does.  If they give you credit on a transcript, then it IS transferrable credit - it's just that it's up to another school whether or not they will take the credit.

I think the people at CSU-Global that are front-line (meaning enrollment counselors and advisors who communicate directly with students), very much like TESU, do not understand this process, and really should not be giving info to students.  "I don't know, let me transfer you to someone who DOES know" is a better answer than the wrong answer.  They should be referring questions like this to the registrar, who can tell the student how the course/exam will be placed on a transcript, and then the student needs to see if the school they are transferring to will accept the credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Equivalency- BUS- 2100 at TESU dhanub 4 545 10-18-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,171 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 512 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 766 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting Electives Advice Chudson 0 329 07-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Chudson
  TESU Bachelor’s Canadian equivalency elenlushk 17 2,731 06-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,147 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,368 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM
  Help with receiving a BS Accounting quick. Casterly Rock 8 1,097 06-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU options for these accounting courses... allvia 1 858 01-10-2022, 11:12 AM