Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help finding Accounting equivalency
(02-17-2021, 02:24 PM)AZDan Wrote: Regarding the enrollment status that I asked about, he said you do not need to be enrolled as degree-seeking student. You just need to be "enrolled" to sign up to take the assessments.

It's great to hear that this is the case! I scrubbed CSU Global off the wiki because people kept reporting that you couldn't take the exams unless you were enrolled at CSU; the implication being that you needed to be going after a CSU degree. It'll be nice to have them as an option once again.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I dont know if u saw this thread
But maybe it will help u in some way
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid309870
I'm going to try the CSU-G Self Assessment Auditing exam. I'll need to enroll so I'll keep everyone posted on my success on getting on my TESU transcript. The only disappointing thing I see is that I have to wait until the next term which is March 15th.

It's the last class I need for my BSBA Accounting degree so I really need this to work.
I decided to check with TESU on the transferability of the CSU-G Self Assessment course, and they approved it!
The only thing is, I applied to CSU-G and the application is the same for all students. Even though I selected Non-Degree student, they are sending me emails to remind me to have my transcripts sent in and to complete the FASFA.

I contacted my enrollment rep to remind him this will not be needed so hopefully this will not be an issue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AZDan's post:
  • ss20ts
THIS IS NOT GOOD. 
I received this email today from CSU-G regarding my Self Assessment...

In the process of registering you for the course, I was updated on a policy change. while I was out, the University changed our policy and students are no longer allowed to only take Self-Study Assessments as standalone courses.  I apologize for this confusion as I was unaware.

So scratch CSU-G off the list of potential options for testing. This really messes me up on my timing as I needed to graduate in June.
[-] The following 2 users Like AZDan's post:
  • jch, ss20ts
(02-23-2021, 01:47 PM)AZDan Wrote: THIS IS NOT GOOD. 

In the process of registering you for the course, I was updated on a policy change. while I was out, the University changed our policy and students are no longer allowed to only take Self-Study Assessments as standalone courses.  I apologize for this confusion as I was unaware.

So scratch CSU-G off the list of potential options for testing. This really messes me up on my timing as I needed to graduate in June.

That sucks. They really should change their admissions page, in that case.  Sad
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
With that time frame you're looking at to graduate, the cheapest/easiest/fastest option still remains as the recommendation I have here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid330092
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have one more 3-credit class to take to reach 120. It needs to be in the Accounting Elective section of my BSBA-Accounting.
I need to achieve the June '21 graduation date. I have already taken the following:
ACC 201 Intermediate Acctg I
ACC 202 Intermediate Acctg II
Accounting Electives:
ACC 301 Managerial Acctg
ACC 303 Cost Acctg
ACC 401 Advanced Acctg
Review https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid330117 and https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid330136 - You don't need to follow TESU's recommended list of courses, those 3 options are not the only three you can take, it can be any course.

This is what I would do - email them this message, asking Yes and No answers.
1) Does InstantCertCredit Managerial Accounting course come in as ACC-312 still?
2) Can I use this accounting course ACC-312 in my AOS since it's an UL course already?
3) Can you add this course into my academic evaluation as in progress?

Please update us on what they say, call them if needed, since they're still open! DO IT ASAP!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-23-2021, 01:47 PM)AZDan Wrote: THIS IS NOT GOOD. 

This doesn't surprise me because this was the policy when I was an enrolled student last year. Many people on here insisted that the exams were open to everyone and that's not what my academic advisor told me. He told me the above.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Equivalency- BUS- 2100 at TESU dhanub 4 518 10-18-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 501 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 724 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting Electives Advice Chudson 0 303 07-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Chudson
  TESU Bachelor’s Canadian equivalency elenlushk 17 2,679 06-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,095 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,309 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM
  Help with receiving a BS Accounting quick. Casterly Rock 8 1,042 06-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU options for these accounting courses... allvia 1 844 01-10-2022, 11:12 AM