Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help finding graduate classes
dfrecore Wrote:I still didn't see how many credits each course was.

When I look for UC Irvine Extension, it takes me to the Division of Continuing Education, which doesn't seem right.

https://ce.uci.edu/courses/sectiondetail...&sid=00211

Try this link, once you click on a course to purchase it should have the price and units towards the bottom, this one is 3.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I second the Harvard Extension School, relatively cheap and adds a bit of sparkle to the resume.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
videogamesrock Wrote:You can take as many as you want to pay for. Majority are at the graduate level which are courses 200 and above. They are ok the quarter system and have different course numberings. 1-99 is LL, 100-199 is UL, 200+ is graduate.

400 series at UC is continuing education, which won't transfer to most schools for anything. Real grad courses are usually 200 series at UC.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
videogamesrock Wrote:https://ce.uci.edu/courses/sectiondetail...&sid=00211

Try this link, once you click on a course to purchase it should have the price and units towards the bottom, this one is 3.

I'm worried these are CEU's rather than actual college credit. Since it's from the College of Continuing Education. But I will stop bothering you now.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Even if they yield credit instead of ceu, the 400s are likely worthless as transfer credit. It's your money and time though.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Yes do Harvard Ext. Might as well get some prestige.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
So the 400's count at UCLA as grad credit and transfer according to the catalog on page 8. https://grad.ucla.edu/gasaa/library/spfgs.pdf

According to the UCLA website 400 level won't apply to a MA/MS but will satisfy electives for the MBA/MPP/MPH. All three of those degrees will take graduate professional studies courses which is how they describe 400 level courses.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
How do you feel about data? You could do the TESU graduate certificate in Data Analytics - 4 classes, each is 4 weeks long and costs $500ish (there are discounts for academic affiliation, so you should qualify). A couple of catches: the classes are through Statistics.com - you'll transcribe them to ACE, and then apply at TESU for the certificate. And the other biggie, they're offered on a very tight schedule: Risk/Simulation/Queuing is offered in May & November, and that's a prereq for Financial Risk Modeling, which is offered once a year in June. Regression Analysis (which is not the same as Logistic Regression) is offered 3 times a year, and Integer/Nonlinear Programming is offered once a year, in September. Three of the classes deal with operations research & risk. Regression is more broadly applicable. Also, the ops classes have an undergrad foundation course, Optimization. However, Optimiz, Risk/Sim, and Integer/Nonlin are taught by the same professor and use the same text, so you could do the optimiz work without taking the class, to give you the foundation for the other 2. Regression you can do with intro stats knowledge, and Fin Risk is based upon Risk/Sim.

So the timing is tricky, but they're quick and cheap and give you a RA grad certificate of 12 credits in analytics.

UCI Extension are CEUs - they have articulation agreements with a few grad programs (very few).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,201 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 893 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,190 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,475 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,543 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,355 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 463 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM