Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help finishing BSBA General Management
Hello All,

I am finishing the Business capstone in the Next few weeks. I have 6 more classes after that. I am confused by the B: GMS Elective Area on my TESU Transcript.

It says I need 9 credits for this. That would be 3 out of the 6 classes I need.

For the area of study General Management I have completed the following:

MAN-311 Organizational Behavior
ACC-201 Intermediate accounting

I am currently taking:

MAR-441 Digital Marketing at Study.com

I need 3 more classes under General Management I believe.

Can someone suggest which ones to take to finish this out? I am so confused by this requirement.

Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tekplay99's post:
  • lca88
tekplay99, buddy, don't be confused and worried about what to take. You have one of each area required. Here are the cheapest/easiest/fastest courses you can take. The ones with the ** are the ones you have already, chose the final 3.

General Management Area of Specialization
18 credits required, minimum of 12 upper level credits.
You must take at least 1 course in 3 out of the 4 areas (MAN, ACC, MAR, FIN)

Saylor - Corporate/Managerial Communications - $25
Saylor - Management Information Systems - $25
Straighterline Managerial Accounting (transcribed as Cost Accounting) - $59
**Straighterline Intermediate Accounting I (Financial Accounting) - $59
**Straighterline Organizational Behavior - $59
**Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL) - $70

If you want, read the Beginners Guide sticky, and review the BSBA GM 2018 spreadsheet template, chose any 3 of those courses.
For cheap/easy/fast - You should stick with the 4 providers, Davar/Saylor/Straighterline/Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JWells247
Since you've covered 3 out of the 4 areas (MAR, MAN & ACC), you can now take any 3 courses that you want; the only caveat is that you need 12cr of UL.  With Org Behavior and Digital Marketing, that's 6cr of UL.  Now, you need 2 UL courses and 1 LL or UL course.  In any area of management that you want (accounting, finance, marketing, etc.).

My spreadsheet will show you all of your choices, including where you might want to take them.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 38.74 KB / Downloads: 47)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks Bjcheung77 and Dfrecore! You are both lifesavers! I was really freaking out.

I am going to take the 3 listed below. I chose Ed4credit for the Management Information Systems class. There was a 50% off coupon for Cyber Monday, it is my area of expertise and it is accepted by TESU on their alternative credit listing. I did Principles of Marketing there. It was a good experience that I completed fast.

Saylor - Corporate/Managerial Communications - $25
Ed4credit - Management Information Systems - $97.50 with coupon.
Straighterline Managerial Accounting (transcribed as Cost Accounting) - $59

Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,015 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,978 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,709 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,501 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,798 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98