Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help organizing a plan
If someone with a good deal of experience is willing to list off step by step guidelines and correspond via email to me, I'll happily send them $100 via paypal. I'm far from lazy, just buried under mountains of projects at my office as well as the birth of a second child.

I'm looking for what classes and where I need to sign up for - Basically a step by step guide of what I need to do to get a TESU BSBA. Here is what I need help with since TESU has changed their policies as of last summer and the current information is fairly minimal compared to old information on Degreeforum wiki:

Currently I have 27 credits from a community college. I have the transcript in my house and can list off the classes completed. I need to know which courses I can sign up for (the quicker or easier, the better) listed one by one and where, and a rough time frame of how time consuming each course will be.

If someone can do this for me, shouldn't take more than an hour to two of your time, easy $100 bucks. Obviously I prefer someone who has recently done it, or someone with a wealth of experience.

TIA.
If you posted your transcript minus identifying information here on the forum, you'd likely save yourself $100. Many people regularly do this for members of the forum at no cost.

On top of that, it potentially helps other members browsing the forum in similar situations.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:If you posted your transcript minus identifying information here on the forum, you'd likely save yourself $100. Many people regularly do this for members of the forum at no cost.

On top of that, it potentially helps other members browsing the forum in similar situations.

I agree, members here do this for free as a favor. Besides, if I was looking to make a buck off if this, it would be a lot more than $100 This is a lot more intensive than you think.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
degreeguy Wrote:If someone with a good deal of experience is willing to list off step by step guidelines and correspond via email to me, I'll happily send them $100 via paypal. I'm far from lazy, just buried under mountains of projects at my office as well as the birth of a second child.

I'm looking for what classes and where I need to sign up for - Basically a step by step guide of what I need to do to get a TESU BSBA. Here is what I need help with since TESU has changed their policies as of last summer and the current information is fairly minimal compared to old information on Degreeforum wiki:

Currently I have 27 credits from a community college. I have the transcript in my house and can list off the classes completed. I need to know which courses I can sign up for (the quicker or easier, the better) listed one by one and where, and a rough time frame of how time consuming each course will be.

If someone can do this for me, shouldn't take more than an hour to two of your time, easy $100 bucks. Obviously I prefer someone who has recently done it, or someone with a wealth of experience.

TIA.

Congrats to being a parent the second time over. I myself have a daughter who just turned 4 and a son who is 2.5.
I am a work at home dad, while my wife goes to school and works part time. It's just awesome!

My friend, has someone taken up your offer? If not, you can read though my posts and decide if I would be suitable.
The only request is to use that $100 for charity, such as donation to your local children's hospital.
This is twofold, you get a tax deduction of up to $33 and that charity gets some minor funding.
You don't have to spend that now, wait until you get your parchment.

BTW, there has been numerous changes at TESU, and your cost may have just gone up by $2000.
If you don't apply soon and enroll before May 25, you will need a cornerstone course and pay an extra $300.
However, that being said, it's probably cheaper than COSC or any other college.

I hope to get this message to you sooner, but you seem to have disappeared since your post.
I will PM you, as I already know your courses you have grades from and the ones that don't.
And no, you don't have to worry about your past letter grades for GPA.

Finally, you would like to read this thread, and do the same steps as post #17.
It will get you to 51 credits for $20 dollars. PM me for more info or update this post.
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post204151
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I do these all the time, and for free.

I even have a list of the courses you've already taken, because I made a BALS degree plan for you previously.

First, you need to say how you want to get your credits: do you prefer CLEP/DSST, Saylor, SL? This makes a huge difference - if you get a plan with a bunch of CLEP/DSST exams, but you'd rather take SL courses because it's easier to do life from home, then it's important to know that. If you need to spend as little as possible, that makes a difference. Etc.

Also, there is NO WAY anyone can tell you how long courses take. They can tell you how long it took THEM to take a course/study for an exam, but since everyone is different, that just won't be of much help.

My advice to start:
1) Create a free ACE account:
2) take the Kaplan Open PLA course for 3cr free:
3) take the Insurance Ethics course for 2cr free:
4) sign up for ALEKS and start with Intermediate Algebra; then College Algebra; then Precalc or Trig if you'd like (but not necessary); then Intro to Stats - transfer each course over to ACE as you complete them, and wait for them to show up before starting the next course
5) take the TEEX courses if you'd like for 6cr free; but if you are not going through them fairly quickly, stop and move on to something else - there is a lot to do for these courses, and it might not be worth your time
6) take a bunch of Saylor exams ($25 each) and see how you do; study for the ones you fail and then retake as you're ready (I don't normally advise this, but it's not a terrible idea)

At that point, see where you stand and reassess. If you manage to get a bunch of credits, and want to continue studying with Saylor, you can do that. If you decide it's too time-consuming, then you can switch to SL or another method to finish a lot of your courses.

Here's a degree plan with more than enough credits; if you don't pass all of the courses here, you can delete them, move things around, etc.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">degreeguy TESC 2017 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 38.39 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I do these all the time, and for free.

I even have a list of the courses you've already taken, because I made a BALS degree plan for you previously.

First, you need to say how you want to get your credits: do you prefer CLEP/DSST, Saylor, SL? This makes a huge difference - if you get a plan with a bunch of CLEP/DSST exams, but you'd rather take SL courses because it's easier to do life from home, then it's important to know that. If you need to spend as little as possible, that makes a difference. Etc.

Also, there is NO WAY anyone can tell you how long courses take. They can tell you how long it took THEM to take a course/study for an exam, but since everyone is different, that just won't be of much help.

My advice to start:
1) Create a free ACE account:
2) take the Kaplan Open PLA course for 3cr free:
3) take the Insurance Ethics course for 2cr free:
4) sign up for ALEKS and start with Intermediate Algebra; then College Algebra; then Precalc or Trig if you'd like (but not necessary); then Intro to Stats - transfer each course over to ACE as you complete them, and wait for them to show up before starting the next course
5) take the TEEX courses if you'd like for 6cr free; but if you are not going through them fairly quickly, stop and move on to something else - there is a lot to do for these courses, and it might not be worth your time
6) take a bunch of Saylor exams ($25 each) and see how you do; study for the ones you fail and then retake as you're ready (I don't normally advise this, but it's not a terrible idea)

At that point, see where you stand and reassess. If you manage to get a bunch of credits, and want to continue studying with Saylor, you can do that. If you decide it's too time-consuming, then you can switch to SL or another method to finish a lot of your courses.

Here's a degree plan with more than enough credits; if you don't pass all of the courses here, you can delete them, move things around, etc.

In your degree plan, you list the MIS DSST as upper level. Does TESU accept the exam as UL even though ACE recommends it as LL? That would be great!
Btaylor89 Wrote:In your degree plan, you list the MIS DSST as upper level. Does TESU accept the exam as UL even though ACE recommends it as LL? That would be great!

Yep, TESU considers it UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:1) Create a free ACE account:
2) take the Kaplan Open PLA course for 3cr free
3) take the Insurance Ethics course for 2cr free

Can you please point me to where can I take the Kaplan Open PLA course and Insurance Ethics course for free? Also, can all 5 of these credits be applied towards my General Education Electives in my BSBA?
Ethics 312: Preserve the trust on which insurance transactions are based with an understanding of ethics
Select the free version, not the $5. Counts towards general ed Ethics requirement (with waiver for missing 1cr, which is made up in gen ed electives). Score at least 70% on final quiz, can be retaken as needed.

Kaplan PLA: https://opencollege.kaplan.com/events/LRC100/

Take all 7 quizzes, score over 70% (you can retake as many times as needed). Do no pay for anything beyond that, just submit to ACE after finishing the free quizzes. Applies towards general ed electives.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Ethics 312: Preserve the trust on which insurance transactions are based with an understanding of ethics
Select the free version, not the $5. Counts towards general ed Ethics requirement (with waiver for missing 1cr, which is made up in gen ed electives). Score at least 70% on final quiz, can be retaken as needed.

Kaplan PLA: https://opencollege.kaplan.com/events/LRC100/

Take all 7 quizzes, score over 70% (you can retake as many times as needed). Do no pay for anything beyond that, just submit to ACE after finishing the free quizzes. Apples towards general ed electives.

Wow, I wasn't aware these options existed! This will really help me in graduating sooner and saving time/money. Thank you so much jsd and dfrecore for bringing this to my attention, going to work on these starting later tonight! Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,350 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,884 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,780 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,327 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,692 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,925 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,147 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,693 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,513 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,225 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77