Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need planning advice - cut-off clarification for TESU
(01-30-2020, 08:58 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: I think you should check with TESU.
You'll need those 100 cr to be in their system when you want to register the (corner+) Capstone. I'd contact TESU: I have credits to transfer in, and need those to be registered in order to be able to register for Capstone, however my evals are all used. How should I proceed?
I think it's best to get your credits (all 114) asap anyway.

Thanks, I will do that.

If that's the case, I probably won't make it, which means I have to wait until Sept to enroll when my son goes back to school. ARGH! 

C'est la vie!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
If you register for a TECEP you have 90 days to schedule it and it will enroll you. That’s what I did. I scheduled myself for the TECEP and failed it (knew going in that I wasn’t going to pass but at the time it was only $75 - it was the applied liberal arts math). I think now it’s $150 for a TECEP but it will get your courses transferred in so I looked at it like the cost of insurance. HTH!!!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 2 users Like suzycupcake's post:
  • dfrecore, P226mem
(01-30-2020, 09:07 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
You'll need those 100 cr to be in their system when you want to register the (corner+) Capstone. I'd contact TESU: I have credits to transfer in, and need those to be registered in order to be able to register for Capstone, however my evals are all used. How should I proceed?

Thanks, I will do that.

If that's the case, I probably won't make it, which means I have to wait until Sept to enroll when my son goes back to school. ARGH! 

C'est la vie!

Why don't you just enroll in the cornerstone now, and then the capstone after an eval (you will be enrolled so unlimited evals at that point).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-31-2020, 12:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:07 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:

Thanks, I will do that.

C'est la vie!

Why don't you just enroll in the cornerstone now, and then the capstone after an eval (you will be enrolled so unlimited evals at that point).

Hey, dfrecore!

I was hoping to do financial aid. Sad

However, I suppose I could enroll in SOS-110 for the ASNSM in CS, pay the residency fee, graduate with that, then backburner the BA until I can take the AOS + Capstone later in the year. There's NO WAY I can do the intense AOS coursework + capstone over the summer and care for my son if he's out of school + while working. 

I feel like this BA in anything at this point is just taking forever. I'm ready to go back to the BALS, quite honestly. I only need to check the box. 

Thanks for your reply! Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(01-30-2020, 05:10 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: You need 114 credits in order for you to enroll for Capstone + SOS-110. = COSC
You need 100 credits to register for Capstone. = TESU

According to an email I received they've actually lowered it, but I haven't seen anything on the site.....  They didn't specify in the email what the new requirement was just that it had recently been lowered. Personally, I had 96 credits and was currently enrolled in SOS-110 and they let me sign up for the Capstone.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(01-31-2020, 01:57 PM)darthweezy Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 05:10 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: You need 114 credits in order for you to enroll for Capstone + SOS-110. = COSC
You need 100 credits to register for Capstone. = TESU

According to an email I received they've actually lowered it, but I haven't seen anything on the site.....  They didn't specify in the email what the new requirement was just that it had recently been lowered. Personally, I had 96 credits and was currently enrolled in SOS-110 and they let me sign up for the Capstone.

My message is a mess. SOS-110 is TESU, IDS 101 is COSC.
The credits seem to be right, however you might be able to get permission to start w/o the required credits if you are very close / they haven't been evaluated yet. No guarantees.
This SOS-110, can it be taken as a tecep or does it have to be the course?
Also, when you send your transcript to TESU, and then you take a tecep to stay enrolled, can you just keep doing this and stay on the catalog year that you originally sent in your transcript. e.g. It could be 2022 and as long as you keep taking teceps once a year, changes (possibly sweeping) do not apply to you?
(02-17-2020, 07:57 PM)ARhead Wrote: This SOS-110, can it be taken as a tecep or does it have to be the course?
Also, when you send your transcript to TESU, and then you take a tecep to stay enrolled, can you just keep doing this and stay on the catalog year that you originally sent in your transcript. e.g. It could be 2022 and as long as you keep taking teceps once a year, changes (possibly sweeping) do not apply to you?

SOS-110 and the capstone both have to be taken as actual courses. You can do Guided Study or Online. In general, yes, you can keep renewing your enrollment every year and stay on your catalog...however that does not necessarily shield you from "sweeping" changes. It doesn't protect you from changes to fees or to residency requirements, for the most part. Other changes can surprise you, too. For example people who enrolled while the 1cr version of the cornerstone was available are out of luck if they haven't already taken it as it's no longer offered. Those folks now have to take the newer 3cr SOS-110. It also doesn't protect you from changes to transfer equivalencies, like the dropping of Shmoop. The main thing you're locking in is the actual courses needed to earn the degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • ARhead
(02-17-2020, 10:35 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 07:57 PM)ARhead Wrote: This SOS-110, can it be taken as a tecep or does it have to be the course?

SOS-110 and the capstone both have to be taken as actual courses. You can do Guided Study or Online. In general, yes, you can keep renewing your enrollment every year and stay on your catalog...however that does not necessarily shield you from "sweeping" changes. It doesn't protect you from changes to fees or to residency requirements, for the most part. Other changes can surprise you, too. For example people who enrolled while the 1cr version of the cornerstone was available are out of luck if they haven't already taken it as it's no longer offered. Those folks now have to take the newer 3cr SOS-110. It also doesn't protect you from changes to transfer equivalencies, like the dropping of Shmoop. The main thing you're locking in is the actual courses needed to earn the degree.

You're also locking in the courses that are on your eval.  So if you transfer in a course, and they later change their equivalency for that course, they generally don't take it out of where it was.  It's kind of your insurance policy.

I enrolled back in 2014, and didn't graduate until 2018, and I got to stay on my catalog because I continued to take TECEP's once a year.  They also do unlimited evals once you're enrolled which is nice.  Towards the end, I started sending in courses regularly, just to make sure they were applied where I wanted them to be (as opposed to only doing it once or twice a year previously.  It cost a little bit of money, but it was worth the peace of mind.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ARhead
The regulations/rules constantly change, when I started they needed a 3 credit TECEP. However, nowadays, a 1 credit TECEP should allow you to renew your enrollment. So, take the Medical Terminology TECEP and try to pass or if you fail, you still get enrolled, do that a second time if you need to re-enroll (I did that the following year to keep my catalog).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,313 6 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 525 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  Need some advice tpell1219 17 783 03-31-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 360 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill