Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice
(12-17-2019, 12:21 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:37 PM)saraholson Wrote: Straighterline is not all open book finals any more. It would only be micro and macro that i could take through them; Principles of Finance isn't available, I would have to take that through Study.com (which I already failed once). Macro and Micro at SL are both closed book.

With Straighterline you just gotta fight your butt off to average at least 80% on the quizzes.  Then you only need like a 46% on the final to pass.  On the final, they don't ask too many graph questions.

CTR+ C to copy, CTR + V to paste and quote for "search term" is your best friend to search through the book fast. 

I'm going to try my luck with Principles of Finance at Saylor.  It appears to be mostly math based.  I'll post a study guide for you guys if I get through it.

(12-16-2019, 11:55 PM)natshar Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 11:46 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Why not just tell TESU that you want to do both degrees the BSBA and the BA liberal arts?  Just add the liberal arts to your degree plan.

That way both catalogs are locked in and then you just drop the one you don't want in the end.
If op adds a ba liberal arts it will be on the 2019 catalog which includes sos-110. Their current bsba does not require it. This would mean an extra $1000 and 12 weeks.

Tesu has some weird thing where if you change schools (or add a degree from another school) it is on the newest catalog. However one can switch between any degree in the same school and the catalog remains the same. Meaning op could can change to a different bsba. However all bsbas require econ, stats, etc.

Good to know I can switch my BSBA concentration if I want. 

I had though in Saraholson's situation, you could add a degree which would be on the new catalog and still keep your old degree on the same catalog?

Which still strongly favors completing the BSBA to avoid the cornerstone sos-110.
I know all this because I was in the situation myself. Any catalog prior to 2019a doesnt require sos-110.

If you switch schools (liberal arts, business, etc.) then the new degree will be on the newest catalog.

If you add a degree from another school then the degree you just added will be on the new catalog. However your original degree will still be on the old catlog.

For example for me personally I have a BSBA that does not require sos-110. But I also have a BA on my evaluation that does require sos-110.

But yes I was told and my own personal experience was that I could switch my bsba concentration all I wanted and it wouldnt change the catalog since I didn't switch schools in doing so.

Edit/note: I did take tes-100. That's how I got out of sos-110 for the bsba.
Sarah,

I am currently enrolled in the BSBA Accounting and BA Computer Science programs. I've already taken the Business capstone and have a little over a month left for the LA capstone.

For starters, and this is my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt, the Business capstone was much easier than the LA capstone is. I put maybe 80% effort into the case studies and got a 97% average. I've given all I have towards the written assignments in the LA capstone and the two that have been graded so far are a 92.5 average. If I had put the same effort into the LA assignment as I had put into the business assignments, I guarantee I would've gotten in the C-D range.

I really recommend study.com for macro and micro. Those classes aren't too bad. Principles of finance is not a fun one, but it is doable for sure. Keep in mind you can also take that class as a DSST and I believe DAVAR has it as well.

I really do wish you the best of luck with this. Mental health issues creep up out of no where and its hard to extinguish them. Stay on a positive note and know that tomorrow brings something new. The future is up to you.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • saraholson
(12-17-2019, 12:42 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 11:46 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Why not just tell TESU that you want to do both degrees the BSBA and the BA liberal arts?  Just add the liberal arts to your degree plan.

That way both catalogs are locked in and then you just drop the one you don't want in the end.
If op adds a ba liberal arts it will be on the 2019 catalog which includes sos-110. Their current bsba does not require it. This would mean an extra $1000 and 12 weeks.

Tesu has some weird thing where if you change schools (or add a degree from another school) it is on the newest catalog. However one can switch between any degree in the same school and the catalog remains the same. Meaning op could can change to a different bsba. However all bsbas require econ, stats, etc.

sos-110 is required even if you remain using an older catalog. TESU changed their policy in July, 2019, ALL. students are required to take sos-110 even using an older catalog and no matter the type of (associates and bachelors).

This is not true - the OP already has TES-100 on her eval, so she has completed the cornerstone.  She does NOT have to do SOS-110, she made it in with the old cornerstone.  Anyone who did not take the old cornerstone will have to take the new one, since TES-100 doesn't exist as a course anymore.  But if you took it, you're good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • saraholson
Thank you all. you've given me a lot to think about.

Are there any options for Finance other than Study.com, Davar and DSST?
(12-17-2019, 03:06 PM)saraholson Wrote: Thank you all. you've given me a lot to think about.

Are there any options for Finance other than Study.com, Davar and DSST?

Saylor has a finance l dont know much about it though. I feel like someone took it a while back on the forum and said it was one of the better Saylor courses and easy. Not sure where I saw this. The good news is Saylor is free to do the course, you just have to pay for the exam. So take a look and see what you think. And if you attempt the exam you'd only be out 25 if you fail.

Another option which might be good for you is to take the actual class at a community college. Either online but if you struggle this much doing finance online try it in person. Idk where you live and how much community college costs, but this could be a good option. If you work during the day maybe take a night class. If you do go this route, just send the course number and name of school to tesu advising and get approved before you sign up. CC usually starts in January so you got time, but you better work on it quickly.
(12-17-2019, 11:58 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 12:42 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

sos-110 is required even if you remain using an older catalog. TESU changed their policy in July, 2019, ALL. students are required to take sos-110 even using an older catalog and no matter the type of (associates and bachelors).

This is not true - the OP already has TES-100 on her eval, so she has completed the cornerstone.  She does NOT have to do SOS-110, she made it in with the old cornerstone.  Anyone who did not take the old cornerstone will have to take the new one, since TES-100 doesn't exist as a course anymore.  But if you took it, you're good.

You are correct. I was not aware OP had taken TES-100.
(12-17-2019, 12:42 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: sos-110 is required even if you remain using an older catalog. TESU changed their policy in July, 2019, ALL. students are required to take sos-110 even using an older catalog and no matter the type of (associates and bachelors).

Does anybody know if SOS-110 is waived if TES-100 was waived (due to the degree being a second bachelor's degree)?
(12-18-2019, 04:41 PM)bghill Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 12:42 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: sos-110 is required even if you remain using an older catalog. TESU changed their policy in July, 2019, ALL. students are required to take sos-110 even using an older catalog and no matter the type of (associates and bachelors).

Does anybody know if SOS-110 is waived if TES-100 was waived (due to the degree being a second bachelor's degree)?
If you were already enrolled for the catalog that only required tes 100 and had tes 100 waived, you will not have to do sos 110. 
If the second bachelors degree program was picked up and your new catalog year requires sos 110, then you will have to take it. 
I had this issue when I added the BACS to my plan.
(12-18-2019, 04:44 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: If you were already enrolled for the catalog that only required tes 100 and had tes 100 waived, you will not have to do sos 110. 
If the second bachelors degree program was picked up and your new catalog year requires sos 110, then you will have to take it. 

Great, thanks! Yes, my catalog was pre-SOS 110. Nice to know I still don't have to futz around with that.  Cool
(12-18-2019, 05:06 PM)bghill Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 04:44 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: If you were already enrolled for the catalog that only required tes 100 and had tes 100 waived, you will not have to do sos 110. 

Great, thanks! Yes, my catalog was pre-SOS 110. Nice to know I still don't have to futz around with that.  Cool
One thing that may make a difference is your enrollment status over the time you were gone. If you at any time we’re “unenrolled” you’d be placed into a new catalog year. 
Best bet is usually to check your academic evaluation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some advice tpell1219 14 481 Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 280 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,263 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Good study advice for my TECEPS? kowenboy 3 371 09-01-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Accounting Electives Advice Chudson 0 302 07-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Chudson
  Advice: Taking a bunch of writing TECEPs tomorrow. CanICode 10 1,215 05-28-2023, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BACIS/BSSC TESU Class Advice dernsaw 5 660 12-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Advice for a liberal studies-psychology student futureaccountingstudent 6 894 03-15-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  TESU - Classes, Credits and What to do? Need Advice. Risingstar 6 1,261 02-18-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Risingstar
  Advice on these three TESU Liberal Arts Capstone advisors? Jenna.C 21 4,817 01-18-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: bartlebuck