Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to expedite my TESU degree because BABY (!!!)
Hi all,

My wife and I just discovered we're going to have a baby. We're surprised, to be sure, but we're also very, very excited. Things are just a little ahead of schedule. So there's a fire under my buttocks now. I want to finish my TESU degree before our first arrives so that I can focus my time at home solely on being a father.

State of things now:
My degree plan for a BSBA in Marketing is attached. I've complete everything that's green and have yet to do what's red. The books for all my SL courses are in the mail and I'm planning on knocking those out in a month tops. I enrolled before July 1, 2015. I work full-time. The nearest center that tests for DSSTs is 1.5hrs away and work makes it hard to get there (though not impossible– I'll make a way to get there if it's fast degree-wise).

So, good forum, wise forum, what steps can I take to trim off the fat and what advice do you have for me? If choosing another enrollment plan over the per-credit plan would speed things up, let it be so.

Thank you from myself, my wife, and the wee baby.

Attached Files
.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">TESCDegreePlan.pdf (Size: 63.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
Sorry I don't have any degree plan recommendations, but I did want to say congratulations!
Some ideas below. Verify ACE on all PF suggestions.

You can use penn foster's finance course instead of DSST if you prefer Although they aren't faster (depending on study time), it is probably easier.
Penn Foster's Strategic management is probably easier than the TECEP, but not faster (taking out study time)
You can probably use the free ethics course (with waiver for 1cr) instead of the DSST Ethics in America.
SL Business Statistics is considered the easier of the courses (not to be confused with their Intro to Stats course, which I HATED).

CSU Global has some marketing options as well, they are probably faster than PF:

Consumer Behavior
MKG330EX (3 credits)
Market Research MKG470EX (3 credits)
(Also have PR and Promotions, but not sure how that will xfer)
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Thank you, mednat.
Kaplan PLA is very fast - you could do it in an hour. You don't have to do the work of the course (creating a PLA), just do the end-of-module quizzes. Don't forget to take the free 2cr Insurance Ethics course. You may be able to take that instead of another free elective, or even replace Business Ethics with a waiver. If not, it's a free 2cr.

SL Business Ethics will not fulfill the Business in Society requirement, so I would use it for the Ethics requirement instead (if the Insurance Ethics won't work there). Then, take the Business in Society TECEP.

You can replace Prin of Finance DSST with the PF course. Make sure you take the right one (there are 2 with the word finance in them).

That removes your DSST's.

Market Research is also available through CSU-Global now. Just got added.

You could take ALEKS Stats instead of SL if you wanted to save some money. ALEKS is definitely fast if you're already familiar with the material. So, you could take Intermediate Algebra for a quick 3cr (you could probably pass the first assessment with a 70% immediately upon creating your account), and then take Stats in the 4 weeks left on your $20. Just not sure you need Int. Alg credits, but I'm all for getting them when it's quick and easy.

Otherwise, looks good. You could knock these out in just a few months if you worked at it. Group together anything that has similar content and take them close together.

Good luck and congratulations! Nothing like a baby on the way to make you reassess your priorities and get your butt in gear!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks, dfrecore.
It looks like you might need an extra free elective. If you happen to have an more advanced scuba certification (like Advanced Open Water), it might be eligible for one credit through ACE.

Congratulations on your bundle of joy!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic