Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need your 2 cents.
I was thinking of going the ECE college route, First I just wanted a general liberal arts degree. But now I'm having second thoughts. I think A degree in Psychology, might be worth more and is more fun.

Only thing is the COSC psychology degree allows use of the gre test- which is up to 21 credits.

Assuming cost isnt a factor, would it be wise to redesign my college plan.
What are your career plans?
I'm leaving for basic training in august. Going in as an E-3. Will serve for 3 years as a mechanic. I'll have my BA/BS by then. My career options are - try going the officer route OR Go for a master and get my teaching credentials, and hopefully find a job teaching middle school level/hs.
I wouldn't get a degree in either. Get one in something that you might be able to draw some knowledge upon while in the service, or after. Unless you are dead set on wanting to be a psychologist, what are you going to do with a pschology degree?
Lots of people major in psychology at the bachelor's level who have no intention of becoming psychologists.

August is really tight since it's almost May. In this case, I'd advise going for the degree you can get the fastest because it's always best to come into the military with the highest rank possible. If you need another bachelor's degree in another discipline you can earn it later. If you are joining the Army, I think you can come in as an E-4 with a bachelor's degree as long as you can provide a transcript to your recruiter before actually leaving for basic training.

My understanding is that EC's BA in Liberal Arts is the most flexible degree out there, but can someone who is an EC student confirm that this degree can be obtained by testing out alone? I've heard that the BA in Liberal Arts from EC doesn't require a Capstone course, but I don't want to give the OP inaccurate information.
I think i screwed up on the organization, can you guys help me audit my plan. Then I can start scheduling test dates.
sokhen Wrote:I think i screwed up on the organization, can you guys help me audit my plan. Then I can start scheduling test dates.

NVM, I'm done with the forum. Worry about college later. GL all.
Yenisei Wrote:Lots of people major in psychology at the bachelor's level who have no intention of becoming psychologists.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea.
sokhen Wrote:NVM, I'm done with the forum. Worry about college later. GL all.

Giving up that quick? It's easy to "worry about it later." It's all up to you, but I do know one thing that I have witnessed time and again from others; they all say the same thing: Wish I had done it earlier. Just don't wait too long my friend...
MS in Administration - Public Administration (Central Michigan University) - 2012
BS in Health Care Management (Southern Illinois University Carbondale) - 2011

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESC EC New but my 2 cents kisseld 4 1,016 07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Last Post: JBjunior