Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative Reviews of Straighterline ?
When I initially started my degree I tried some courses through StraighterLine and was disappointed with the service because the questions on the tests literally required you have the course textbook. Otherwise, you would have zero clue what the answer was.

I have since had to go back to them to get some credits that were not available elsewhere, and it has been a night-and-day difference. Now a majority of the courses come with the textbook included, and their customer service is on point. They have responded quickly to any of my concerns and have solved my problems. I would now recommend them in a heartbeat.
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
Which courses have open book finals? I'm trying to get a couple not easy credits for electives.
Agree with positive remarks and value tips about Straighterline. When I initially wanted to start at my degree, Straighterline probably would have been a poor experience due to my mindset/commitment and not the program. One has to make a true commitment to not just learn the material but also be efficient with the duration it takes to learn it. The significant value Straighterline offers could tilt away if the student is too casual with the courses.

My daughter on her own could have cost us over a thousand on monthly subscription dues because she runs at a very casual pace. However, I do not and creatively reminded her daily/weekly/monthly on the importance of staying focused and keeping in activity mode. She is grateful now (not so much during Wink

Straighterline saved me on money, time and convenience. I would encourage most to use them as a major resource for their degree.

My older boy takes casual to the next level and I am not sure what we are going to do with that stud! Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
sanantone Wrote:Now, on to Study.com. Others might disagree, but I don't think Study.com is designed for adult learners, especially for people who work long hours. First of all, since I'm a very fast learner, I feel like Study.com forces me to move at a snail's pace. I don't need to be spoon-fed information in small bits. Second of all, I work very long hours, and I have a lot of things to do on my days off. I don't have time to binge-watch hundreds of Study.com videos and complete over 100 quizzes.
I have to agree. So much of the Study.com material is Junior Varisty, pass the Playdoh stuff. I have lost a lot of respect for the ACE process with their approval of much of the Study.com material.
I just started my membership with SL last week and I've just completed my 3rd course. I can't recommend it enough for speed! My only issue is with their proctoring service, ProctorU (seems like I'm not alone). Their proctors are really hit or miss. Other than that, I've had no issues.
Hate SL with a passion
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:Hate SL with a passion

We must shun this heretic from our Straighterline cult!
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Why is that?

I never used SL (and don't have a need to at this point), so I don't know one way or the other. but I don't see this opinion too much, so I'd be interested to see you elaborate as I'm curious
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I never used SL (and don't have a need to at this point), so I don't know one way or the other. but I don't see this opinion too much, so I'd be interested to see you elaborate as I'm curious

We posted the same question at the same time! Big Grin

I just noticed he's a CIS major. I'm guessing he must have tried SL's IT Fundamental course (which uses a different system) and been turned
off..
:/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 81 04-23-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 534 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 186 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,336 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 346 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 346 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 729 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 444 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 652 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,189 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore