Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous about Sophia and TESU
I'm very nervous about signing up for Sophia Learning. I intend to transfer my credits from Sophia to TESU; From reading this forum, and visiting their respective sites, I found out that the official credit transfer list between Sophia and TESU was long removed. So I signed up for a trial account at Sophia just to take a look. I went through the course list and non of the courses have TESU listed as an accepting partner. Even widely accepted courses like US History I, English Composition, for example. TESU isn't even on Sophia's official partner list (https://www.sophia.org/transfer-credits/...-partners/) Is their partnership somehow on the way out? The only thing I found regarding credit transfer between them is a tentative list on Degreeforum wiki...https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sophia.org_Equivalency_List

Thank you!
(06-10-2021, 08:49 PM)OP88 Wrote: I'm very nervous about signing up for Sophia Learning. I intend to transfer my credits from Sophia to TESU; From reading this forum, and visiting their respective sites, I found out that the official credit transfer list between Sophia and TESU was long removed. So I signed up for a trial account at Sophia just to take a look. I went through the course list and non of the courses have TESU listed as an accepting partner. Even widely accepted courses like US History I, English Composition, for example. TESU isn't even on Sophia's official partner list (https://www.sophia.org/transfer-credits/...-partners/) Is their partnership somehow on the way out? The only thing I found regarding credit transfer between them is a tentative list on Degreeforum wiki...https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sophia.org_Equivalency_List

Thank you!
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36982

Here's the thread for the newer Sophia courses that may not be on the one you looked at earlier.

They stopped being on each others page forn a bit now. Take the courses at Sophia. They generally transfer over as the charts say. For the ones not on the chart look at the thread I linked. People are really good about reporting back when something changes or doesnt come in.
Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • BellaZuri, OP88
Many Schools still take some of the courses regardless of partnership.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • OP88
Many schools accepted credits from Sophia and they're not partner schools. Being a partner school is not a requirement for ACE credit acceptance at a school. Even partner schools make changes. The link you shared says what transfers to TESU and how it transfers.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • BellaZuri, OP88
I wouldn't worry about Sophia and TESU. They may be ending their partnerships for accreditation reasons but they're still accepting ACE credits and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • gams007, OP88
Be afraid, be very afraid and nervous! For 5 minutes at least - Sophia.org and TESU may not be partners at this time, but they may in the future as they did in the past... That doesn't mean TESU has stopped taking ACE recommended credits from Sophia.org, just like they're not really partners with many ACE/NCCRS providers, they still take their recommendations for credit. You should be fine, like all the current students taking Sophia and any ACE/NCCRS courses, they're just going to have to finish them and transfer them over.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • OP88

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 282 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 854 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,065 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 554 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 543 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei