Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**New Degrees** at Excelsior College
The School of Liberal Arts at Excelsior College is adding and modifying (and removing?) several degrees.

Here is a list that was posted today:

Bachelor's Liberal Arts Programs
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts with major in History
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts with major in Humanities
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Humanities and a concentration in Communications
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Humanities and a concentration in Cultural Studies
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Humanities and a concentration in Fine Arts
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Humanities and a concentration in Literature
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts with major in Psychology
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts with major in Sociology
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Military Studies
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Natural Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Natural Sciences and a concentration in Biology
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Social Science
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Social Sciences and a concentration in Environmental Studies
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Social Sciences and a concentration in Human Services
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Social Sciences and a concentration in International Relations
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Criminal Justice and a concentration in Administration Of Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Criminal Justice and a concentration in Law Enforcement And Public Safety
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Criminal Justice and a concentration in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in History
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Psychology
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with major in Sociology

Check this link for more details on each degree:

Degree Programs

Also, a new Liberal Arts Catalog should be available early next year.

The majors in Humanities, Social Science, and Natural Science are new. I would love to be eligible for the Natural Science degree!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Hi NAP, long time no "see" lol. Great info and good news for those wanting more options!! I'm always lurking around here everyday, reading and trying to finish my degree. (Though I don't talk much just usually in the feedback section). I was just wondering why you arent eligible for the natural science degree at EC? I have one test left for my BA in Psych at TESC and 3 tests left for their BA in Natural Science/Mathematics. I remember at one time you were also interested in a math degree. I'm so glad we are both so close to our Bachelors after we have been around here so long :hurray:
BA double-major in Natural Science/Mathematics and Psychology-TESC-Graduate June 2013
AAS in Environmental Safety and Security Technologies-TESC-Graduate June 2013 :-)

East Central University- Ada, Oklahoma - 95 credits
Tests taken....
ECE- Abnormal Psych- A- 3 credits
ECE- Foundations of Gerontology- B - 3 credits
ECE- Psych of Adulthood & Aging- A - 3 credits
ECE- Research Methods in Psychology- B - 3 credits
ECE- Social Psychology- B- 3 credits
DSST- Fundamentals of Counseling- A- 3 credits
DSST- Substance Abuse- A- 3 credits
FEMA- passed- 1 credit
CLEP- Educational Psych- pass- 3 credits
Global Environmental Change course-TESC- A- 6 credits
Even though I am so close to finishing my degree, I have been very tempted to change to the Natural Science degree. I have always wanted a math or science major. I missed the chance at the Math major because of the GRE policy change. I was very excited for the opportunity to earn the Natural Science major. As of now, they are not planning to honor GRE credits for the new degrees. I don't know, yet, if I can or will appeal that.

Thanks for asking. So happy to hear from you. Sent you a PM.

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

Wow nice a Social science major at EC. I wanted to be an EC grad before TESC, but TESC just accepted more of my lower level as upper level so I decided to finish with them. Maybe in the future I'll do another degree with EC :]

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I don't see Music, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, etc.

The only majors that seem to be left are Psychology, Sociology and History.

This is a HUGE change.
I guess it was an economic decision to remove the more marketable but less popular concentrations and replace them with less marketable but more popular ones. They could have gone the COSC and TESC route and make just about every major available even if the school doesn't offer the required courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
cannoda Wrote:I don't see Music, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, etc.

The only majors that seem to be left are Psychology, Sociology and History.

This is a HUGE change.

Yes, a few majors were removed about 2 years ago. It looks like EC may be removing more. I don't know if it has already happened or will happen at the 1st of the year. Check the current (old) Liberal Arts catalog for the majors that have been available this year. There may still be time to enroll for those majors, but do so carefully. Call the admissions advisors and ask a lot of questions about it first.

I agree with Sanantone. As a student, it is nice to have all of the options available.

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

I just noticed that there is a new Liberal Arts catalog at EC. (The Student Guide to Credit by Exam hasn't been updated, yet.)

School Catalogs - excelsior.edu

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries laoshijeff 5 2,755 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Last Post: teacher2
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,837 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,815 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,149 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,823 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,161 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,911 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,282 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 956 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,256 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore