Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dog , is this normal of him?
I just got a new puppy and was wondering if any of you guys brought a dog home has it ever stared at you for hours on end. I tried sleeping and it stared at me for hours on end , if I switch sides it usually will go to the other side to stare and it won't flinch even if I try to shoo him away. It doesn't really interact with other pets like it has no interest , it just stares for hours. Is it normal of him to do this , even if I pet , feed and bathe it ?
Congrats on the new addition!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • 2L8
Its been my experience as a lifelong dog person and professional K9 handler/trainer that the staring dog usually means "I need to go out." Puppies need to be constantly engaged and consistently attended to until they develop a routine. Dogs have thoughts and feelings too, so not giving them the attention they need can result in less than pleasant results (destructive behavior, et cetera).

Hope this helps.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 2 users Like MSK9's post:
  • 2L8, suzycupcake
(06-23-2019, 07:31 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Its been my experience as a lifelong dog person and professional K9 handler/trainer that the staring dog usually means "I need to go out." Puppies need to be constantly engaged and consistently attended to until they develop a routine. Dogs have thoughts and feelings too, so not giving them the attention they need can result in less than pleasant results (destructive behavior, et cetera).

Hope this helps.

He's gotten better , I'm spending more time with him Blush Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2L8's post:
  • MSK9
(06-28-2019, 08:47 PM)2L8 Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 07:31 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Its been my experience as a lifelong dog person and professional K9 handler/trainer that the staring dog usually means "I need to go out." Puppies need to be constantly engaged and consistently attended to until they develop a routine. Dogs have thoughts and feelings too, so not giving them the attention they need can result in less than pleasant results (destructive behavior, et cetera).

Hope this helps.

He's gotten better , I'm spending more time with him Blush Heart

Awesome! So glad to hear it.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hrlp!! Anyone who has done hiring is this normal??????? Lindagerr 10 2,178 10-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Kaz