Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New EASY option for Excelsior Information Literacy
benmartorano Wrote:Just wanted to pass this along because I have not seen it posted anywhere. I just took the Information Literacy Class for Excelsior from Coopersmith Career Consulting. It is approved by Excelsior but you need to get approval before signing up. Watch a 90 minute youtube video and then take the 34 question test which is done through ProctorU.

Should take an afternoon.

$100 plus $25 for ProctorU

Just thought this may help some other people

Ben

Has it arrived on your transcript yet? Let us know if you have and difficulty having it transcribed, up until recently it was an "in house" requirement since you learned how to navigate Excelsior's library system with the course a valuable learning experience for research purposes. Once you send this in to be transcribed you need to be on top of the four week time frame for it to appear on your transcript. Did you get it approved in writing from Excelsior? Sounds like a lot easier than the course I took. Smile
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
I just got approval to take this as well, it was already in their system, no issue at all.
Just a FYI.

They have preferred you do it inhouse, but it's never been REQUIRED.
EI2HCB Wrote:Ben

Has it arrived on your transcript yet? Let us know if you have and difficulty having it transcribed, up until recently it was an "in house" requirement since you learned how to navigate Excelsior's library system with the course a valuable learning experience for research purposes. Once you send this in to be transcribed you need to be on top of the four week time frame for it to appear on your transcript. Did you get it approved in writing from Excelsior? Sounds like a lot easier than the course I took. Smile
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Another issue of advisors not knowing the rules, mine insisted that I take it at Excelsior. I combined it with another course and got it met while getting three social science credits.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Make sure you guys keep copies of your approval, along with status reports after it has been transcribed to your file/transcript, just in case it doesn't make it through your degree audit during conferral.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Ben,

Can you tell me how you contacted Coopersmith initially?

I've emailed Coopersmith twice regarding their accredited psychology courses, and they haven't replied.
On the NCCRS website they've had a bunch of psychology courses accredited this month, along with showing lots of other accredited courses.
I'm after details and start dates Smile

Coopersmith Career Consulting: College Credit Recommendations: NCCRS

could u plz tell me did u get any essay question out of 34 question because the syllabus I received from coppersmith says that in the final exam u will get 30 multiple choice question and 4 essay question and the exam will be 4 hrs long
Do you know yet if this will be transferred as a letter grade to Excelsior?
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
GMT Wrote:Ben,

Can you tell me how you contacted Coopersmith initially?

I've emailed Coopersmith twice regarding their accredited psychology courses, and they haven't replied.
On the NCCRS website they've had a bunch of psychology courses accredited this month, along with showing lots of other accredited courses.
I'm after details and start dates Smile

Coopersmith Career Consulting: College Credit Recommendations: NCCRS
I know this is a little old... but are you still interested in pursuing this option? I've been in contact with them and am hoping to begin the courses in a few months time.
laughter Wrote:I know this is a little old... but are you still interested in pursuing this option? I've been in contact with them and am hoping to begin the courses in a few months time.

Yes!
Although I'm in a hurry and planning E-pack psychology courses into this year, it would be great to find doable cheap psychology credit too Smile
Being international and not near a CLEP center is hard sometimes lol .... ProctorU has been such a degree saver!

How did you get hold of them? I don't have time to call them and they never replied to my emails

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 528 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 997 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,727 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,742 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,398 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,367 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,139 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,829 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,307 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,365 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az