Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New EASY option for Excelsior Information Literacy
GMT Wrote:I just did a search for an Excelsior test center using the name of my town of residence, not for individual exams ... maybe this would make a difference??
If it doesn't, I'm going to try the request to Excelsior Smile
I used my address in the test center search. Don't think it'll work with individual exams... I'd highly recommend emailing Excelsior Smile
Can anyone please provide the link to the 90min youtube video for english 103 as I can't seem to find it?
The class has changed since this thread was first posted. Skimming through the new May 2016 syllabus, it doesn't appear they use the video anymore, so it's likely a waste of time. However, here is the youtube link from the old syllabus...

https://youtu.be/be5YsoYu_tE
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I was approved to take the class in place of excelsior class Smile
Hi everyone, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but I just found it poking around cyberspace at random.

I'd like to clarify a few things regarding Coopersmith. First, I apologize if anyone emailed us and didn't get a response. Many of the people on this thread were dealing with third party vendors who had associations with us. If you'd like to contact us, please use our main email address: info@coopersmithcc.net. We almost always return emails on the same day.

We offer almost all of the courses listed on our NCCRS page: Coopersmith Career Consulting | NCCRS. Generally, most of our courses come with review videos and other study aids. Information Literacy is probably the easiest of the lot, but we generally try to make the study materials as painless as possible. The Big 3 will generally accept science and math courses as gen ed science and math requirements, etc., but of course, we recommend speaking to your advisor before relying on it.

Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to offer online testing. Suffice it to say that there were some problems with a vendor that have not been solved yet. This will hopefully be changed in the near future, but for now, we can only offer exams with in-person proctoring. We would need students to arrange a librarian or notary public to proctor. All study materials are sent by Dropbox link.

Costs for Coopersmith courses are $50/credit + an additional $50 for certain courses that require assignments (primarily the English courses). As long as you arrange your own proctor, we do not charge an exam-taking fee.

I'll post back on this thread when and if we're able to get online testing back up and running.
jsd Wrote:The class has changed since this thread was first posted. Skimming through the new May 2016 syllabus, it doesn't appear they use the video anymore, so it's likely a waste of time. However, here is the youtube link from the old syllabus...

https://youtu.be/be5YsoYu_tE

The video is still applicable though the other materials were updated a couple of months ago. The May 2016 syllabus you were viewing was probably from another organization that the vendor on whose site you saw it is working with. We no longer disseminate study materials other than youtube videos on the free web. We give students access to them by Dropbox link. Anyway, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to email us directly at info@coopersmithcc.net
shaas Wrote:Many of the people on this thread were dealing with third party vendors who had associations with us.

shaas Wrote:another organization that the vendor on whose site you saw it is working with.

Are you saying you're no longer affiliated with Tor College Credits?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:Are you saying you're no longer affiliated with Tor College Credits?

Correct. My understanding it that Tor has its own courses now.

http://www.nationalccrs.org/organizations/tor-academy
shaas Wrote:Correct. My understanding it that Tor has its own courses now.

Tor Academy | NCCRS

As of this morning they were still discussing with me courses under coopersmith that I could take with them. I'm not sure if they're aware of this change. In the past they seemed to just present themselves as coopersmith under a different name

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:As of this morning they were still discussing with me courses under coopersmith that I could take with them. I'm not sure if they're aware of this change. In the past they seemed to just present themselves as coopersmith under a different name

Interesting. I wonder why they wouldn't just push their own courses. Anyway, we'll certainly honor whatever commitments they made and process the transcripts for exams of ours that they offer. But thanks for the heads up. I do have to make a few inquiries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 528 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 998 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,727 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,760 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,398 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,368 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,139 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,836 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,307 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,367 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az