Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors
$400 per credit hour.  Not a bad price for a prestige brand name.  
They accept up to 64 credits toward the 120 credit degree.

https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ba-libe...georgetown
[-] The following 5 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, ifomonay, indigoshuffle, Pikachu, ss20ts
Great find!!!!!!!!!
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
$400 per credit is dirt cheap compared to on campus tuition over $30K plus a ton of fees. This degree is one heck of a deal especially with Georgetown's name on it!

https://studentaccounts.georgetown.edu/t...rgraduate/

CLEP exams will transfer too! Wonder which ones they will accept. ASU credits may work well for transfer purposes in this case, too. 

The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program honors up to 64 transfer credits for completed courses with a minimum C grade from regionally accredited institutions. Transfer credit evaluations are conducted on a case-by-case, individual basis by the program. Factors considered when reviewing transfer credit include, but are not limited to, accreditation, timeliness of content (computer science and technology courses no older than 10 years), and overall academic relevance within the program. In addition, CLEP exam credit, AP exam credit (grade of 4-5), and all Joint Services Transcripts will be considered for transfer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
I don't need a third bachelor's degree but for a Georgetown degree... I'm very, very tempted, especially considering 64 credits can transfer in. They might be picky about scoring cut offs and whatnot as every university has different standards for that sort of thing for CLEP and DSST, BUT it's very exciting and I'm tempted to put this on my to-do list.
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
This is from their 'School of Continuing Studies' which is kinda like 'Harvard Extension'

Continuing Studies = Continuing Education = Extension Studies

They're all the same.
Not really. The diploma just says Georgetown University. Most schools don't print their sub schools within a University system. It's very different, and if you transfer in the allowed credits, way less to pay for a bachelors than Harvard Extension would cost, and for the record, Harvard Extension is amazing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(11-19-2022, 03:13 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Not really. The diploma just says Georgetown University. Most schools don't print their sub schools within a University system.

I don't think 'School of Continuing Education' and 'School of Professional Studies' are seen as normal undergraduate departments.
They're much easier to get in. They typically have very low tuition fees. I think they're made for working adults.
(11-19-2022, 03:15 AM)nomaduser Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 03:13 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Not really. The diploma just says Georgetown University. Most schools don't print their sub schools within a University system.

I don't think 'School of Continuing Education' and 'School of Professional Studies' are seen as normal undergraduate departments.
They're much easier to get in. They typically have very low tuition fees. I think they're made for working adults.

The degree is still fairly pricely. If you transfer 64 credits, you're still paying 22k out of pocket cost, which is about the same I paid for my state school degree for undergrad from a non-continuing education department. I think we're going to see the trend continue and professional studies schools becoming more popular than traditional paths. Non traditional students are expected to be the top university demographic from 2030+.  To me, a Georgetown degree is a Georgetown degree.  While it's true, this program is geared toward working adults, I'm sure the school will accept degree holders who are interested in an additional degree.

With the right emphasis on networking, advising, and taking full advantage of the education opportunities, this is a huge opportunity.
[-] The following 3 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ReyMysterioso, Vle045
Great find!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
(11-19-2022, 03:13 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Not really. The diploma just says Georgetown University. Most schools don't print their sub schools within a University system. It's very different, and if you transfer in the allowed credits, way less to pay for a bachelors than Harvard Extension would cost, and for the record, Harvard Extension is amazing.

Correct. Most Universities do not list the school in which the degree was earned. I actually prefer when they do though.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 2 users Like ThatBankDude's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 258 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 315 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 370 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
  Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments bjcheung77 7 1,015 01-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: gulshan212
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 860 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coursera Plus for $1/month... Expires Sept 21, 2023 bjcheung77 7 1,250 11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,511 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 4,055 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 2,101 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  New course from Coursera Imbanewbie 3 891 05-13-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: HVzR5