Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors
Georgetown is an elite private school. This is plain incredible!
[-] The following 2 users Like ifomonay's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, FastTrackDegree
I already convinced two people I know to apply, and I will be applying as well.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 2 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
(11-22-2022, 11:15 PM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: I already convinced two people I know to apply, and I will be applying as well.

Why not the MSDS from UPenn? I see you already have some credentials in DS. For $33k, an MSDS from an Ivy League school founded by Mr. Benjamin Franklin himself is a pretty good deal. That's my next stop after I finish up some other stuff.
[-] The following 2 users Like ifomonay's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Pikachu
I understand I have a credential in DS, but DS is extremely difficult and I'm not very confident in that field of study. My level of math and statistics is extremely challenged. I excel with writing and literature. I wish I were an IT/Math genius, but I do not have adequate skills in those fields. I think I would be unsuccessful in that degree program, as much as it pains me to admit.
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
(11-23-2022, 12:05 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: I understand I have a credential in DS, but DS is extremely difficult and I'm not very confident in that field of study. My level of math and statistics is extremely challenged. I excel with writing and literature. I wish I were an IT/Math genius, but I do not have adequate skills in those fields. I think I would be unsuccessful in that degree program, as much as it pains me to admit.
While math and statistics are an important part of data science/analytics, you do not have to be a genius. You just have to know how to use your resources such as CRAN, etc.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
Sir, I don't even know what CRAN is.
(11-23-2022, 11:21 PM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Sir, I don't even know what CRAN is.
All good. CRAN is the Comprehensive R Archive Network. Essentially, you can read R documentation about all of the functions, packages, examples of their usage, etc. Basically, if you code in R, CRAN is your best friend.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
(11-18-2022, 09:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote: $400 per credit is dirt cheap compared to on campus tuition over $30K plus a ton of fees. This degree is one heck of a deal especially with Georgetown's name on it!

https://studentaccounts.georgetown.edu/t...rgraduate/

CLEP exams will transfer too! Wonder which ones they will accept. ASU credits may work well for transfer purposes in this case, too. 

The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program honors up to 64 transfer credits for completed courses with a minimum C grade from regionally accredited institutions. Transfer credit evaluations are conducted on a case-by-case, individual basis by the program. Factors considered when reviewing transfer credit include, but are not limited to, accreditation, timeliness of content (computer science and technology courses no older than 10 years), and overall academic relevance within the program. In addition, CLEP exam credit, AP exam credit (grade of 4-5), and all Joint Services Transcripts will be considered for transfer.

I am not sure but I think I remember seeing Georgetown in the list of Universities that consider Study.com credits
Yes, Study.com is on the list. Maybe a mix of Study.com and TECEP would work. Taking some classes at UMPI and later transfer to GU could be an option too? They have reviewed Sophia credits too, but no idea if they where accepted... They may also accept some NCCRS credits.

.jpg   georgetown.jpg (Size: 54.74 KB / Downloads: 58) I just wanted to follow up and say I got accepted yesterday, but my friend who I convinced to apply was rejected.
[-] The following 2 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, smartdegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 252 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 311 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 367 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
  Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments bjcheung77 7 1,000 01-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: gulshan212
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 852 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coursera Plus for $1/month... Expires Sept 21, 2023 bjcheung77 7 1,240 11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,506 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 4,037 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 2,057 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  New course from Coursera Imbanewbie 3 891 05-13-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: HVzR5