Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies
(08-09-2018, 09:38 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Your com 120 class should cover the communications requirement at TESU. I'm on my phone right now, otherwise I'd look at a spreadsheet but it looks like you're off to a solid start. You should have free electives done and I'm not sure but maybe all those art classes can count as humanities.

Okay thank you for all the information! I really appreciate it
Interpersonal Comm won't come into the Oral Comm requirement.

I'm not sure if/what your tech courses will come in as, they may be able to be used in the Area of Study (AOS/Major), but they may be only free electives, which aren't of much help.

There are a TON of options that you can do to get your degree, but I wouldn't limit myself to TESU's BALS - I'm not sure it will be super helpful in your field.  Have you looked at WGU's IT degrees?  Anything else?

Anyway, here's the degree plan for the BALS - but again, I'm not certain I'd get that if I were you, I'd first decide which degree I was actually interested in, and then also which would be most helpful for your career path.

Good luck!

Attached Files
.xlsx   PBenitez TESU BALS.xlsx (Size: 45.86 KB / Downloads: 11)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hmm, you can try getting the BALS and/or the BS Tech Studies, this is one of the times I would actually recommend also looking at WGU's BS Software Development program as well. Just apply to both TESU and WGU right after you finish your last semester and get your Associates. You do not want to take any classes with either school until you get the MAX transferred in, you need to have your Associates evaluated for transfer, take all missing general education/lower level requirements, and then enroll at TESU/WGU.

One thing to note: Your community college credits will come in as lower level courses and a max of 60 credits will go towards TESU/WGU, you need to CLEP/ACE/NCCRS the remaining credits for TESU and WGU (if they take the same credits) which essentially are your general education and remaining lower level requirements (or get a few more from the CC until you reach 80 max from the CC). I would recommend just working on general education credits while you're waiting for an evaluation, so finish the last few courses "Strong - get good grades".

In your case, I would email academic advising to see if your SGD courses can be used as Comp Sci. I would think a BALS with an NSM (Natural Science & Math - all LL CS/CIS from Saylor/SL- UL Study.com) concentration would work because UL Tech Studies courses would be expensive. The other option is to transfer as many credits (probably the exact same courses) into WGU Software Development - you still need to take similar courses to transfer in the max.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-10-2018, 05:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, you can try getting the BALS and/or the BS Tech Studies, this is one of the times I would actually recommend also looking at WGU's BS Software Development program as well.  Just apply to both TESU and WGU right after you finish your last semester and get your Associates.  You do not want to take any classes with either school until you get the MAX transferred in, you need to have your Associates evaluated for transfer, take all missing general education/lower level requirements, and then enroll at TESU/WGU.

One thing to note: Your community college credits will come in as lower level courses and a max of 60 credits will go towards TESU/WGU, you need to CLEP/ACE/NCCRS the remaining credits for TESU and WGU (if they take the same credits) which essentially are your general education and remaining lower level requirements (or get a few more from the CC until you reach 80 max from the CC).   I would recommend just working on general education credits while you're waiting for an evaluation, so finish the last few courses "Strong - get good grades".

In your case, I would email academic advising to see if your SGD courses can be used as Comp Sci.  I would think a BALS with an NSM (Natural Science & Math - all LL CS/CIS from Saylor/SL- UL Study.com) concentration would work because UL Tech Studies courses would be expensive.   The other option is to transfer as many credits (probably the exact same courses) into WGU Software Development - you still need to take similar courses to transfer in the max.

Yeah I'm thinking of going a different rout then the BALS after talking to everyone on here i was looking into the BS of Information Technology at TESU but hit a road block when I could not find any way to test out or take a course on SL,Studuy.com etc. for the Upper level tech classes. This is what i have as a degree plan for that so far but taking all those classes at TESU would be super expensive. I was looking a WGU today for the BSIT or BS in software development like you recommended but cannot find the courses that i could possibly CLEP or study.com out of or information on how many credits max i can transfer into WGU via CLEP

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESUBSITPEDS.xlsx (Size: 12.92 KB / Downloads: 5)
If you decide to try WGU, you can test out of a lot of the degree - all Gen Ed's, and then some of the major courses. After that, you just take everything through them. For the price, it can't be beat - even if it takes you 2 terms.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,971 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,658 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,199 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,098 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,340 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,585 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic