Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Planned Degree Forward - Thoughts Please
Ah, I missed that somehow! Yes, you can skip Software Engineering at TESU. In that case, I would drop Sys Analysis from the above plan. Not that Sys Analysis is hard, but the assignment is another one of those vague things that can be difficult to put together. Instead, do American Government @ InstantCert. That would still get you to 100 credits AND you'd wind up with 12 out of 15 (18 when you include the capstone) UL credits needed. Add the Capstone & Computer Architecture and you've got your UL credits covered.

If you do decide to also do the BSBA CIS, you would still need Systems Analysis. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@joshypauly, there are so many ways to play the degree game, you need to see what your end goal is, and see if alternatives will fit instead...  I would do things differently and just get things done, "Finish"!  This is what I suggest you do, get the double associates, finish with a BALS NSM using all alternative credits, and use the remaining cashflow from the GI Bill on a WGU MSML or Walden MBA.  I usually recommend a degree with a major, but if a BALS with a concentration works for you, then so be it!

Why? We're about the same age, you probably have some certs, and you're going for the degrees, plus you've got the experience.  Getting into a different position in an upward trend would not be an issue for you, once you have "checked" off the degree boxes requirement, as long as that "degree major" isn't a factor.  On this and the sister boards, many have completed a BALS with/without a concentration and gone to their desired Graduate/Masters degrees... here's just a few if you read their signature!

ChilliDawg - Pierpont BOG AAS > TESU BALS > WGU MSCSIA
MSK9 - TESU BALS > Med School Science Requirements > St George's Med School
MrBossmanJr - Excelsior AAS > TESU BALS > Boston U Masters > Georgia Tech Masters
Supermind - TESU BALS > Walden MS Psychology

Using a "mix and match" of cost, ease, speed, to finish, even though you need more courses to complete the degree, the BALS NSM should be best as you can transfer in all the credits using alternative methods, just need to finish the degree off with the Capstone.  You should get the lower level courses with Sophia.org/Study.com including UL CS - MIS, Database Management, System Analysis, etc... Do not take anything but the capstone at TESU.

Again - You can use UL CS courses that still transfer in with Study.com, you should create a pdf with your academic evaluation with the BALS NSM after you email TESU to appeal BSA 310 as it came in as a BUS-399.  You want to explain to them it is a CIS course just like your BSA 375 came in as CIS-320. Both BSA courses are Business Systems, you want to illustrate that in greater detail... if this works, you save a course, otherwise, just finish it off with a Study.com UL and you're done!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you are doing as Rachel suggests, you can pay for late registration for the January term and speed things up. Late registration is only for a little under 48 hours more.

Good Morning/Afternoon all! I want to thank you upfront, you have helped me, more like motivated me to just get it done. I have adjusted and changed my path partially because of what I have gleaned from you all and what I have read, but mostly, calculus and math suck!

I am moving forward with the BALS.

Because of your help, I am now done and graduate in June with the AS Comp Sci and the AS Comp Studies. Thanks to Rachel, BJCheung and LevelUp and everyone else of course!

All that I have left are the capstone, waiting for TESU military dept to unlock, even though I am over 100 credits, they haven't unlocked it. They said for the UL to be done first. Plan was to graduate with all at the same time, alas, I am where I am.

I need some advice on the three remaining UL BALS courses to take. SDC, Davar, Coopersmith. Easiest of course is best. I have read through the forums and found that folks say Davar and CS have easy courses, but don't spell them out. For the BALS need two areas, not just IT related and I have two IT classes already. Not sure if I can take others, but I want to email the advisors with which three UL I will be taking.

The BSA 310 came in as a BUS-399 but they will not up it to an UL course, they are keeping it at a LL.

Any advice on which three UL to take would be great and thank you again!
Recap the info for us, is this for the BALS no concentration, CS, or NSM? Can you copy the UL AOS courses and paste them here so we don't recommend the same courses again? If this is for the BALS without a concentration, the easiest would be a mix of Davar and Study.com courses.

OK, never mind, I see the two courses from the PDF, it's CIS-320 and COS-352. The other 3, I recommend are the following if you're going for the NSM option. From ASU CIS 309 = CIS 440, Study.com BUS 303 = TESU CIS 301, CS 303 = CIS-311.

If you're going for no concentration, you can take a few courses from Davar or Study.com instead, of your choice and as long as it comes in as upper level.

(04-06-2022, 12:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Recap the info for us, is this for the BALS no concentration, CS, or NSM?  Can you copy the UL AOS courses and paste them here so we don't recommend the same courses again?  If this is for the BALS without a concentration, the easiest would be a mix of Davar and Study.com courses.

OK, never mind, I see the two courses from the PDF, it's CIS-320 and COS-352.  The other 3, I recommend are the following if you're going for the NSM option.  From ASU CIS 309 = CIS 440, Study.com BUS 303 = TESU CIS 301, CS 303 = CIS-311.

If you're going for no concentration, you can take a few courses from Davar or Study.com instead, of your choice and as long as it comes in as upper level.

The mil advisor said a BALS no concentration was the same as the NSM so stay with no concentration.  Are you thinking and have seen differently?

I had not even thought of ASU, thank you.  

The mil advisor said the same shizzle that they said before about the SDC CS/IT courses not being accepted when I asked about them transferring in UL.  He tried to direct me towards TESUs assortment, which is understandable in a way.

Anyways, thank you!
Basically, a BALS with or without a concentration are different in the AOS courses you need to take as there are required courses for some of these concentrations. If you do want an NSM concentration, you have to take more UL science related course and lower level science related courses, your AOS electives will be the same.

3: Liberal Studies-Natural Sciences/Math (18SH)
*must earn grades of C or better

The Area of Study for this degree program consists of the 18 semester hour Concentration, the 24 semester hour Liberal Studies General Courses and the 3 semester hour Liberal Arts Capstone, for a total of 45 semester hours.

For TESU course options for the Natural Sciences/Math Concentration, go to Liberal Studies-Natural Sciences/Math Courses

4: Liberal Studies General Coursework (24SH) - This just means any set of liberal arts/science elective courses.

**At least 18 semester hours (SH) within the entire Area of Study (including the Capstone)
must be at the upper (300/400) level and a maximum of 6 semester hours can be at the 100 level.*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 363 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 337 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 292 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 653 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 615 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 5,005 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1