Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com completion time?
On avg how long would it take to complete a study.com course? Such as lower-level business courses. Looking to transfer to WGU
(09-14-2022, 04:48 PM)him22 Wrote: On avg how long would it take to complete a study.com course? Such as lower-level business courses. Looking to transfer to WGU
I think the average on Study is 2 classes per month. I think the average for degree forum members is 5 per month! LOL

You can take the placement tests to test out of what you already know. I've seen some placement tests say you can test out of 81% but I don't know personally (not all classes have placement tests but a lot do).
It's hard to say "how long" it will take as each person does things at a different pace due to commitments and time constraints. I would pace yourself, get at minimum 3-5 lower level a month, 2-3 upper level a month. It depends how much effort and resourceful that student is, I would review the thread and see how others have done it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...YOUR-input
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-14-2022, 05:08 PM)dragonwolf Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 04:48 PM)him22 Wrote: On avg how long would it take to complete a study.com course? Such as lower-level business courses. Looking to transfer to WGU

You should be able to complete 2 classes per month. If you have previous knowledge then you can go a lot faster by taking the placement tests first. 
*Not all classes have placement tests but a lot do.
How does placement test work? For example if you do well on the placement test are you allowed to skip certain sessions or the entire course itself?
That's exactly what the placement test does, it allows you to go through the placement tests a few times, the max you can get "completed" is 30% not the entire course. I've never had that much completed on any of my placement tests, there are only a few courses that have these tests, so I wouldn't worry about it...

Furthermore, you should take courses that have overlapping content, sometimes a course would have some quizzes completed already for that course, example: History 108 and History 308, it deals with the Vietnam War, the content would overlap immensely. Again, strategically try to do overlapping courses and go from there...

Edit to add: Oh and I did 7 exams (even though the max is 5/month) as I completed two exams very close to my subscription renewal and 5 exams the next couple of weeks during my next month subscription. So in total, 7 lower level exams in about 3.5 weeks...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Arto

Ditto on everyone who says it varies.  I'd look for particular courses on the review thread and see what people say.  I did a lower level computer science course in under 2 days with no issues.  Did an upper level that took 7 8 hr days.  Those are my only two so far, but I'm casually working my way through a LL discrete math , and so far it is a cake walk.  Just listening to vids on my drive and taking the quizzes really quickly before going into work I've done about 6 quizzes a day.  When I enter the more visual stuff or stuff I actually have to calculate, I imagine I'll be slightly more bogged down.  I think for LL on a topic that comes easily to you but maybe you don't know well enough to just skip vids, plan for the # of lessons x the average length, plus about 5 min per quiz and about 15 min per chapter practice test and about 20 min for course practice tests.  All in all that works out to around 20 hrs for a 10 chapter 80 lesson course.  But if you really know the material, you can also go a lot faster.  There is also a database course I'm casually going through, and I'm skimming the lesson text in about 1-2 minutes and taking the quiz.  I think I did the entire first chapter on a lunch break today.  I work in databases every day writing SQL queries, so that's my jam. It can really vary.
I managed to do 5 classes last month. But 4 of those classes were at the 100 level; straight multiple choice. The 5th class was Advanced Technical Writing; which now has 3 written assignments.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,278 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,469 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,604 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM