Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Study.com courses (5/16/19)
(05-20-2019, 07:16 PM)saraholson Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 06:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 05:25 PM)saraholson Wrote: I have never been in a situation before, where Study came out with new courses that were relevant to my degree... so this is a new experience for me, and i must admit i am a bit lost... how are we meant to get these courses approved for our degree plans at tesu when the advisors claim tesu does not accept them? Does Study have to have some kind of written agreement about the new courses with TESU first, before they are accepted onto degree plans? The answer i have seen crop up in the forum is 'you just have to take it and see what it transfers in as' but i simply don't have the free time or money to take courses which may or may not be accepted Sad can anyone shed light on this conundrum? thank you all so much

TESU does have a partnership with Study.com, but it will be some time before they evaluate those courses (it seems to be behind by maybe 6 months).  Also, the advisors aren't up-to-date on when courses get approved through ACE, so they may not even know that they're ACE-approved at this point - they may be using old data.

So, for someone who can't afford to take the courses and hope (although I give these a high degree of certainty in getting accepted), your best bet is to wait to see what's reported back.  There will be several people who have been waiting for the CS courses to get approved, and will probably be sending them through soon.

Thank you so much. I guess I am curious, for those people who DO submit the courses to TESU and wait to see how they come back...what happens once they submit them to TESU? Is there some kind of formal evaluation process that sets a precedent for what that course comes in as?

Yes, that's what happens.  And because they are courses that TESU already has an equivalency for, it should be really simple.  Data Structures should come in as COS-241, and Intro to Programming should come in as COS-111, the same as the TESU courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Intro to Programming Error on Transcript

I just got a copy of my transcripts I requested to be sent to TESU, where there is supposed to be "3 semester hours" for intro to programming there is a "-1". Guess someone set a field wrong somewhere or a variable wrong if its auto generated.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(05-21-2019, 10:56 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Intro to Programming Error on Transcript

I just got a copy of my transcripts I requested to be sent to TESU, where there is supposed to be "3 semester hours" for intro to programming there is a "-1". Guess someone set a field wrong somewhere or a variable wrong if its auto generated.

This happened to me the other day. Study.com sent a corrected version the same day. If you don't see a corrected version sent out (and cc'd to you) i would contact them.The error was on my English 1 and 2, so it doesn't have anything to do with the class itself
Looks like I might delay my accounting graduation until December and try to do a cs degree too. If I apply for graduation to both degrees at the same time I would only pay 1 graduation fee right?
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:Looks like I might delay my accounting graduation until December and try to do a cs degree too. If I apply for graduation to both degrees at the same time I would only pay 1 graduation fee right?

That is correct, how many courses left do you have for the BSBA? If you're done with the BSBA, I would focus on the required courses (LL) and work on the AOS (UL) last for the BACS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-21-2019, 03:57 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Looks like I might delay my accounting graduation until December and try to do a cs degree too.  If I apply for graduation to both degrees at the same time I would only pay 1 graduation fee right?

You'd have to do a 2nd Capstone though.  The BACS requires a different capstone than the BSBA one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-22-2019, 10:32 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Zachcleigh Wrote:Looks like I might delay my accounting graduation until December and try to do a cs degree too.  If I apply for graduation to both degrees at the same time I would only pay 1 graduation fee right?

That is correct, how many courses left do you have for the BSBA?  If you're done with the BSBA, I would focus on the required courses (LL) and work on the AOS (UL) last for the BACS.
I’m finishing the capstone for bsba. That’s the only one I’ve got left. 
I’ve already got some of the classes for cs done. I was doing bsba cis originally and a lot of the classes transfer over it seems. I also have quite a bit of experience with Java and python so knocking out some classes like intro to programming should be a breeze.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:I’m finishing the capstone for bsba. That’s the only one I’ve got left. 
I’ve already got some of the classes for cs done. I was doing bsba cis originally and a lot of the classes transfer over it seems. I also have quite a bit of experience with Java and python so knocking out some classes like intro to programming should be a breeze.

If I recall correctly, you're still active as a service person right Zach?  If that's the case, it's only an extra $750 for the capstone.
You'll just have to do a few more Study.com courses for the CS and remaining UL requirements.  

So, end result, BSBA Accounting and BA Comp Sci.  Tuition: https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees

You've got it good.  That's so much better than what I am going to be paying for an extra BACS degree:
Capstone $1125
Residency $2200
Grad fee: $332
12 courses: $779
BACS Requirements and AOS Total: $4436
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(05-22-2019, 02:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Zachcleigh Wrote:I’m finishing the capstone for bsba. That’s the only one I’ve got left. 

If I recall correctly, you're still active as a service person right Zach?  If that's the case, it's only an extra $750 for the capstone.
You'll just have to do a few more Study.com courses for the CS and remaining UL requirements.  

So, end result, BSBA Accounting and BA Comp Sci.  Tuition: https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees

You've got it good.  That's so much better than what I am going to be paying for an extra BACS degree:
Capstone $1125
Residency $2200
I’ve been under the impression that it’s better for me to not use my service benefits, because even though the tuition is cheaper, the residency waiver will cost more. Not sure if this is true but that’s what staff at TESU have told me.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

(05-22-2019, 03:08 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 02:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Capstone $1125
Residency $2200

I’ve been under the impression that it’s better for me to not use my service benefits, because even though the tuition is cheaper, the residency waiver will cost more. Not sure if this is true but that’s what staff at TESU have told me.

My understanding is that under the military discount you pay a lot less per credit ($250/cr), which means you'd be paying $750 per 3-credit course instead of the full price or $1125/$1089 via SDC discount. However, you also pay full price for the residency waiver (which is $2500 if you're not in-state vs. $2200 for in-state, or if you use the SDC discount). So, you may pay $300 extra in residency fees but you will also be saving $375 over the SDC discount on every 3-credit course you take.

It sounds like you only have the capstone left, so your overall costs will not be that different (you save $75 by using the military discount) but if you still had the cornerstone to take, you'd have saved $450 over the SDC discount.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 677 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,146 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,265 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,580 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,012 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 723 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,629 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat