Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Study.com courses (9/19/19)
All of the classes that were upgraded were scheduled to expire on 11/30/2019. Based on that fact, I bet we see History 308 get upgraded soon as it is also scheduled to expire at the end of November. All of the remaining courses that are expiring at that time are appropriately classified as either lower or upper based on their course numbers.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(09-20-2019, 01:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote: All of Study.com's UL courses have assignments of some kind (and some LL as well), so I'm not sure what you're discussing here?

Not sure if you're referring to me or the post above mine. If you're referring to mine, I was comparing the pros and cons of the Study.com versus Coopersmith Physiological Psychology course - one has extra assignments (Study.com), while the other has essay questions on the exam (Coopersmith).

(09-20-2019, 02:43 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: All of the classes that were upgraded were scheduled to expire on 11/30/2019. Based on that fact, I bet we see History 308 get upgraded soon as it is also scheduled to expire at the end of November. All of the remaining courses that are expiring at that time are appropriately classified as either lower or upper based on their course numbers.

History 308 is already UL through NCCRS, so it getting upgraded through ACE probably wouldn't change much. However, I still hope it happens in case one of the Big 3 stops recognizing the NCCRS evaluation and lets ACE override it.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(09-20-2019, 02:43 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: All of the classes that were upgraded were scheduled to expire on 11/30/2019.  Based on that fact, I bet we see History 308 get upgraded soon as it is also scheduled to expire at the end of November.  All of the remaining courses that are expiring at that time are appropriately classified as either lower or upper based on their course numbers.

HIST 308 is already considered UL through NCCRS, so you can get it that way instead of ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-21-2019, 12:23 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 02:43 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: All of the classes that were upgraded were scheduled to expire on 11/30/2019.  Based on that fact, I bet we see History 308 get upgraded soon as it is also scheduled to expire at the end of November.  All of the remaining courses that are expiring at that time are appropriately classified as either lower or upper based on their course numbers.

HIST 308 is already considered UL through NCCRS, so you can get it that way instead of ACE.

True, but I tend to not pay attention to NCCRS only because they don't offer the transcript service like ACE does.  I know it's silly of me, but that transcript service is kind of like insurance if a provider happens to close up shop.  I don't see that happening with Study.com, but others on this board mentioned some provider that offered classes in Java that were accredited by NCCRS but not ACE.  That company went out of business, and the people that took their courses no longer have a way to prove credit for it.  When you consider I have sources of credit on my ACE transcript that are around 20 years old, it seems to have more longevity.
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(09-21-2019, 07:48 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

True, but I tend to not pay attention to NCCRS only because they don't offer the transcript service like ACE does.  I know it's silly of me, but that transcript service is kind of like insurance if a provider happens to close up shop.  I don't see that happening with Study.com, but others on this board mentioned some provider that offered classes in Java that were accredited by NCCRS but not ACE.  That company went out of business, and the people that took their courses no longer have a way to prove credit for it.  When you consider I have sources of credit on my ACE transcript that are around 20 years old, it seems to have more longevity.

So if you're going to TESU, you HAVE to use Study.com's transcript service anyway, so putting it on ACE doesn't matter.

If you're going through another school, and the difference is UL (NCCRS) vs. LL (ACE), you're way better off going through NCCRS for the UL credit, and then maybe putting it on your ACE transcript later.

There's nothing that says you can't put it on your ACE transcripts AND use NCCRS, or putting it on ACE even though your school might require a direct transfer of credits like TESU does with Study.com.  You can do both.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-22-2019, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

So if you're going to TESU, you HAVE to use Study.com's transcript service anyway, so putting it on ACE doesn't matter.

If you're going through another school, and the difference is UL (NCCRS) vs. LL (ACE), you're way better off going through NCCRS for the UL credit, and then maybe putting it on your ACE transcript later.

There's nothing that says you can't put it on your ACE transcripts AND use NCCRS, or putting it on ACE even though your school might require a direct transfer of credits like TESU does with Study.com.  You can do both.

I know, my preference isn't logical so much as paranoid about future possibilities.  Here's a question though: if I finish a course at Study.com and it's listed as LL credit but then later it changes to UL credit, would my credit get upgraded or would I have to retake the final exam to trigger a new finish date?
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(09-22-2019, 04:13 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I know, my preference isn't logical so much as paranoid about future possibilities.  Here's a question though: if I finish a course at Study.com and it's listed as LL credit but then later it changes to UL credit, would my credit get upgraded or would I have to retake the final exam to trigger a new finish date?

In terms of ace courses you would have to retake the course to trigger a new completion date.  However, study.com and TESU are partnered, so they do not necessarily follow these guidelines.  
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • jamshid666
(09-22-2019, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So if you're going to TESU, you HAVE to use Study.com's transcript service anyway, so putting it on ACE doesn't matter.

Not sure what the Study.com-to-TESU transcripts say, but I know that ACE shows the LL or UL designation.  I would say that if a course is upgraded, you have to re-take it to get the new designation.

TESU and Study.com may be partners, but TESU generally follows ACE guidelines, so I would go by what ACE says.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jamshid666
(09-23-2019, 11:42 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So if you're going to TESU, you HAVE to use Study.com's transcript service anyway, so putting it on ACE doesn't matter.

Not sure what the Study.com-to-TESU transcripts say, but I know that ACE shows the LL or UL designation.  I would say that if a course is upgraded, you have to re-take it to get the new designation.

TESU and Study.com may be partners, but TESU generally follows ACE guidelines, so I would go by what ACE says.
Attaching an image of what the study.com to TESU transcripts look like.  
As you can see, it shows the credit recommending agency.

Attached Files
.png   study.com transcript.png (Size: 198.45 KB / Downloads: 26)
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • jamshid666
(09-23-2019, 03:27 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 11:42 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Attaching an image of what the study.com to TESU transcripts look like.  
As you can see, it shows the credit recommending agency.

That's cool, will that show up in the "My Documents" section once TESU processes it?  How long did it take from when you sent it from Study.com before TESU actually reported what transferred?
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 848 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,267 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,581 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,026 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 723 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,631 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat