Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Study.com courses (9/19/19)
(09-23-2019, 03:31 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 03:27 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 11:42 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 04:13 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So if you're going to TESU, you HAVE to use Study.com's transcript service anyway, so putting it on ACE doesn't matter.

If you're going through another school, and the difference is UL (NCCRS) vs. LL (ACE), you're way better off going through NCCRS for the UL credit, and then maybe putting it on your ACE transcript later.

There's nothing that says you can't put it on your ACE transcripts AND use NCCRS, or putting it on ACE even though your school might require a direct transfer of credits like TESU does with Study.com.  You can do both.

I know, my preference isn't logical so much as paranoid about future possibilities.  Here's a question though: if I finish a course at Study.com and it's listed as LL credit but then later it changes to UL credit, would my credit get upgraded or would I have to retake the final exam to trigger a new finish date?

Not sure what the Study.com-to-TESU transcripts say, but I know that ACE shows the LL or UL designation.  I would say that if a course is upgraded, you have to re-take it to get the new designation.

TESU and Study.com may be partners, but TESU generally follows ACE guidelines, so I would go by what ACE says.
Attaching an image of what the study.com to TESU transcripts look like.  
As you can see, it shows the credit recommending agency.

That's cool, will that show up in the "My Documents" section once TESU processes it?  How long did it take from when you sent it from Study.com before TESU actually reported what transferred?
When you request a transcript from study.com for TESU there is a check box that sends a copy to your on file email as well.  This is how I obtained this transcript.  It takes TESU between 2-3 business days to acknowledge receipt of the transcript from my personal experience.  
Generally it takes 3-4 weeks before the courses are actually evaluated and added to your academic record.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

(09-23-2019, 03:38 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: When you request a transcript from study.com for TESU there is a check box that sends a copy to your on file email as well.  This is how I obtained this transcript.  It takes TESU between 2-3 business days to acknowledge receipt of the transcript from my personal experience.  
Generally it takes 3-4 weeks before the courses are actually evaluated and added to your academic record.

So I should stop being impatient and stop refreshing the page on TESU because this is going to take a while.  Wink
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
Yes. I believe TESU’s official statement is that transcripts will be evaluated within 25 days. From what I’ve seen, they tend to max out that window.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Has anyone found a way to take the quiz for chapter 5 lesson 6 in the non-Western literature course? I cant finish all the quizes in the course without that one.
(09-23-2019, 05:14 PM)knaves Wrote: Has anyone found a way to take the quiz for chapter 5 lesson 6 in the non-Western literature course? I cant finish all the quizes in the course without that one.

Try using the mobile app.
Has anyone asked advising whether the AI course would transfer as UL or do we have to wait for it to be re-evaluated?
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
(09-24-2019, 01:04 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Has anyone asked advising whether the AI course would transfer as UL or do we have to wait for it to be re-evaluated?

I want to find that out as well, if so Ill start it asap
My suggestion is to get all your other courses completed first before working on courses that you don't know will transfer over properly. I wouldn't waste time working on the course unless it's something you can "come back to" easily. What I mean by that is, the course may not be re-evaluated the way you would want until January.

You can work on the courses and finish them off after the evaluation is done (do all quizzes and final exams, but save the assignments for last). Another option is to work on the courses, go to a lower subscription, and do the final/assignments when the courses get bumped to UL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(09-24-2019, 04:56 PM)stalintouch Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 01:04 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Has anyone asked advising whether the AI course would transfer as UL or do we have to wait for it to be re-evaluated?

I want to find that out as well, if so Ill start it asap
dfrecore and others in this thread are correct, we will need to wait until TESU reviews these courses. I emailed TESU eagerly and quickly, TESU replied by telling me that none of these CS classes listed will transfer in as UL (Upper Level) credit at this time. Maybe in the future, but not right now. I will probably be done with my remaining SDC classes by the end of this year so I do not plan on taking any of the UL classes listed in this thread.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 373 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,298 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,473 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,634 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,790 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat