Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA and BSAST critique
I wanted to see if one of you would be able to take a look at my degree plans.

My TESU BSBA general management and BSAST technical studies are included.
Also on the last page is a list of most of my credits in case I missed anything that I can apply towards my degrees.

Currently waiting for the following 3 courses to show up on my JST:
ACE | Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in interviewing or career counseling.
ACE | Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in office procedures.
ACE | Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in military science.

Hopefully they can count for something in the near future. Will check on TESU MVP one they show up.

.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">morig - TESC BSBA BSAST and Credits.xls (Size: 38.5 KB / Downloads: 1)
I'm not sure what we're supposed to be looking for?

The only thing I can see is that you need to take a FIN or MAR course in the AOS for the BSBA, you only have MAN and ACC covered. Study.com has a Digital Marketing course that will work, and it's UL.

Are you planning on getting the BSAST first, and then going back for the BSBA? That's normally a better plan than the other way around.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore

Missing the MAR/FIN is a good catch thank you.

Well I'm thinking about doing both degrees if possible, although if I can only do one it is fine.
I would prefer to complete the BSBA first, the waiver fees for the BSAST may not matter due to the possibility of my work and/or military splitting the cost later.
morig Wrote:dfrecore

Missing the MAR/FIN is a good catch thank you.

Well I'm thinking about doing both degrees if possible, although if I can only do one it is fine.
I would prefer to complete the BSBA first, the waiver fees for the BSAST may not matter due to the possibility of my work and/or military splitting the cost later.

The problem with doing the BSBA first is that you can't bring any of your credits from the Navy that are currently in the BSAST AOS into your degree after the BSBA. You're basically starting from scratch. Think of it like you're going for your BSBA, and then when you're done, there's a "freeze" on all of your credits. Now, you have to go and get 24 NEW credits for the AOS for the BSAST. Nothing you've already taken will count. So, at that point, the BSAST is gone. You can't get 24 new credits for the BSAST without spending a LOT of money.

You have to get the BSAST first, and then you can easily get the 24 new credits for the BSBA in the Core/AOS. Easily and cheaply.

And, if you do it within a year, the residency waiver doesn't need to be paid again, so it will only cost you maybe $500 or so to get the BSBA (24cr plus a new graduation fee).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Also, you may want to switch to Study.com for the Tech Writing and Project Management courses, it will save you some money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,016 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,978 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,501 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,799 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,220 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast