Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!?
Btaylor89 Wrote:So assuming I pay the $2,000 residency waiver I can bypass the residency requirement and transfer in up to 120 credits? And would I have to pay the $2,000 waiver immediately along with my application?

Also, I plan on enrolling in the beginning of May, would I still have to take the $300 cornerstone course?

I would assume that you pay the waiver when you apply to graduate, since you'll have up until that time to take courses, and they won't know if you're taking them or not until that time. So when you apply, you just pay the $75, and then no other fees until you apply to graduate - then the $323 graduation fee, and the $2000 residency waiver fee.

Yes, you will probably still have to take the cornerstone. If you apply in May, you won't be considered an enrolled student until June 10th-ish. But if you bring in a bunch of credits, maybe they will give you a waiver (although I imagine not).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
sanantone Wrote:That is much better than the Enrolled Options Plan. So, why would someone choose the Enrolled Options Plan over the Per Credit Tuition Plan? Is it to save money on courses?

Yes - the cost per credit for someone on the Per-Credit Tuition Plan is $499, and the per credit cost for the EO Tuition Plan is $247.

It used to be that you would have to take 4 courses at TESU to break even on the EO Plan, but now the break-even (with the Residency Waiver) is 2 regular courses (not including the cornerstone).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Unless I am missing something the waiver fee is $2000.00 and the fee for the Enrolled Options plan is $1898.00 (with tech fee), the Enrolled Options plan seems to be the best option. If they don't drop it come April 1st.
I was accepted in October last year for a BA in Natural Science/Mathematics and wanted to enroll next month under the pay-per-credit option by taking TECEPS. My plan was to take 8 TECEPs to meet the 24 credit residency requirement and the do the capstone.

Do these changes apply if one was already accepted for admission in October but has not enrolled yet? The earliest TECEP I could take if I register today is in May :-(

Is one then locked into the previous regulation with just 24 residency credits required which could be completed through TECEPS?

This new development is very troubling indeed, kindly advise asap. Thanks in advance for your help...
It looks to me like the changes take effect immediately. They have also changed the wording on the website so that it clearly states that only actual courses count for the residency requirement:
Quote:Students who select the Per Credit Tuition Plan with the intention of earning an associates or bachelor’s degree from Thomas Edison State University must complete 16 credits via Thomas Edison State University Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses. This requirement may be waived by paying the Residency Waiver fee.
It looks like if you hurry you could avoid the Cornerstone requirement, though.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
johnjaxs Wrote:Unless I am missing something the waiver fee is $2000.00 and the fee for the Enrolled Options plan is $1898.00 (with tech fee), the Enrolled Options plan seems to be the best option. If they don't drop it come April 1st.

For most of us, the enrolled option plan is $3,296 (plus tech fee), the fee you're quoting is in-state only.

I wonder if the $2000 is the same in/out of state.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Should I enroll the TESU or should I continue to wait until June while I finish the courses Im working on?
dfrecore Wrote:So when you apply, you just pay the $75, and then no other fees until you apply to graduate - then the $323 graduation fee, and the $2000 residency waiver fee.

Yes, you will probably still have to take the cornerstone. If you apply in May, you won't be considered an enrolled student until June 10th-ish.

It seems like a cash grab by TESU, some courses on the wiki are only satisfied by a TECEP (Concentration UL).
They just want to close that residency loophole and charge $2 grand for a waiver. Sucks!

If we apply in April, we should be good for the cornerstone. Is that a correct assumption?
Maybe we should send an email to the school in regards to both issues and show our discontent.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Nightmoves5 Wrote:I was accepted in October last year for a BA in Natural Science/Mathematics and wanted to enroll next month under the pay-per-credit option by taking TECEPS. My plan was to take 8 TECEPs to meet the 24 credit residency requirement and the do the capstone.

Do these changes apply if one was already accepted for admission in October but has not enrolled yet? The earliest TECEP I could take if I register today is in May :-(

Is one then locked into the previous regulation with just 24 residency credits required which could be completed through TECEPS?

This new development is very troubling indeed, kindly advise asap. Thanks in advance for your help...

TOFTT, quickly call the school and ask how you can enroll or if it is possible to be enrolled in the per credit plan before the April 1st change. Technically, if you are enrolled in the next week or so. You should be safe, call now and report back.

Btaylor89 Wrote:So assuming I pay the $2,000 residency waiver I can bypass the residency requirement and transfer in up to 120 credits? And would I have to pay the $2,000 waiver immediately along with my application?

Also, I plan on enrolling in the beginning of May, would I still have to take the $300 cornerstone course?

My suggestion is to enroll or be enrolled by The beginning of May as you mentioned. As per their webpage, cornerstone should be implemented on May 25. And from reading that, it does imply you can skip residency requirements with that $2K waiver.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,127 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,665 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,743 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,360 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore