Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!?
sanantone Wrote:I emailed TESU about adding an undergraduate certificate and which tuition plan it can be completed under. I was informed that the Enrolled Options Plan is being eliminated April 1st. It looks like they're combining the Enrolled Options Plan with the Per Credit Tuition Plan. For those who didn't want to take TESU courses, TECEPs, or complete portfolio assessments, this is a good deal. For those who wanted to use the Per Credit Tuition Plan, the process just got a little more expensive. I'm locked in under the old Per Credit Tuition Plan.

I just want to say I appreciate all the work you're putting into making all of these changes clearer. You will end up saving me a lot of money vs. blindly thinking EO will still be around.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
sanantone Wrote:Compared to 99.9% of other RA schools, it's a deal. I graduated from TESC before there was a Per Credit Tuition Plan. I paid almost $3,000 under the Enrolled Options Plan, but this was a lot cheaper than finishing my degree at most other schools. I did use money from a financial aid refund check from a community college to pay for it. That's the trick. Use your financial aid at the cheapest school you can find so that you will have leftover money.

Whether or not it would be cheaper to go to COSC or EC depends on the major and your transfer credits. For me, at the time, the UL credits at those two would have made the total cost of my degree higher than it was at TESC. It doesn't hurt to apply at the other two if you can afford the application and transcript fees.

I agree and I'm not saying that TESU isn't a good value overall, especially for those with multiple transfer credits (and especially for students who don't have a required Capstone/BSBA). It's surely made my 20+ year dream of a BA close to coming true (although unfortunately no extra money after taking CC courses b/c Pell Grant covered just each class and sometimes books). I was just confused by the statement Wink
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
sanantone Wrote:I emailed TESU about adding an undergraduate certificate and which tuition plan it can be completed under. I was informed that the Enrolled Options Plan is being eliminated April 1st. It looks like they're combining the Enrolled Options Plan with the Per Credit Tuition Plan. For those who didn't want to take TESU courses, TECEPs, or complete portfolio assessments, this is a good deal. For those who wanted to use the Per Credit Tuition Plan, the process just got a little more expensive. I'm locked in under the old Per Credit Tuition Plan.

Asking for your opinion, since I already Enrolled (I switched over to the Enrolled Options March 16) in the Enrolled Options Plan and applied for Graduation (the June 10th graduation) I should be safe (grandfathered in)?
craigfin Wrote:Asking for your opinion, since I already Enrolled (I switched over to the Enrolled Options March 16) in the Enrolled Options Plan and applied for Graduation (June 10th) I should be safe (grandfathered in)?

As long as you actually made the payment for the enrolled options plan you'll be fine.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
craigfin Wrote:Asking for your opinion, since I already Enrolled (I switched over to the Enrolled Options March 16) in the Enrolled Options Plan and applied for Graduation (June 10th) I should be safe (grandfathered in)?

Only TESU can give you a definitive answer, but they can't take something away from you after you paid for it. It would break the contract they've made with you, and you would most likely win a lawsuit against them.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I used my cc difference check to pay my enrollment fee too.
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016
Mamasaphire Wrote:I'm a little confused what part you are referring to. What part is a deal? The option to do PLA even if you still have to do an additional 16 cr ($7984.00)? Or the ability to do PLA-200 ($998) & Portfolio ($379/12 cr if the price stays the same) and then pay the $2000 waiver, which makes it between $114 & $281/cr?

The deal is the price just for bringing in the PLA credits. You can't really count the waiver in with the cost for the credits. I mean, I guess you can, but really that's a separate issue. At this current time, you do not have to pay for PLA-200 if you take it somewhere else (like free at Kaplan), and you can bring in 12cr for $379. $31.58/cr is a great deal in my book.

With the new plan & residency waiver, to truly figure the cost for it, you would need to spread the $2000 fee across ALL of the credits you bring in. If you bring in 116cr, then it's adding an additional $17.25 or so per credit. If you compare this to getting a degree at an in-state 4-year college, it's a deal (and a LOT faster). The only way to get a cheaper 4-year degree is through a competency-based program, if you could find the time to dedicate yourself to it in a single term (I couldn't).

I agree that it stinks, and I wish the current Per-Credit Tuition Plan could go on forever, but it is what it is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
sanantone Wrote:Only TESU can give you a definitive answer, but they can't take something away from you after you paid for it. It would break the contract they've made with you, and you would most likely win a lawsuit against them.

Yes, fully paid, the Enrollment fee (total $1898) and Graduation fee ($312).
So I wrote this information out in another thread, but I think it's pretty relevant here;

I called into the registrars office about another issue, which seems like it's going to get resolved. I asked about grandfathering in of TECEP residency acceptability and whether, since I'd applied to this school, was enrolled, taken TECEPs, etc.. they could still be taken for residency under the old curriculum. I was informed that TESU will no longer accept any TECEPs as residency credits. I'm not sure how this is going to go over with the student body, but if I had to guess, probably poorly for anyone that's registered under Per-Credit tuition.

Apparently they're working on sending out a message to everyone about this since enough people have been asking about it. We should see something this week. I'm not pleased about this as I saved my TECEPs for the end of my degree and focused on outside credits before changes were made.
Turkish Wrote:I was informed that TESU will no longer accept any TECEPs as residency credits. I'm not sure how this is going to go over with the student body, but if I had to guess, probably poorly for anyone that's registered under Per-Credit tuition.

Yeah, this blows. I had just started figuring out what I was going to do about residency, as a per-credit enrolled student. My plan had boiled down to one course at TESC for 1500, and three TECEPs for 500. Now it's going to be 1500 for the one course, the 2000 waiver, and the rest of the credits wherever I can get them on the cheap, and no TECEPs unless I can't meet the degree requirement any other way.

What I'm looking for now is a course I can take at TESC under per-credit that is less than 3 credits; as in, just 1 or 2, since the only reason I'm taking any course through them is for the institutional GPA requirement.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,642 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore