Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU Tuition Rates Starting April 1, 2016
hightecrebel Wrote:You received the in-state tuition fee at TESU?

Yes, you do not have to be using TA or the GI Bill. You only have to be military, I do however believe you have to be "Active Duty Military".

From TESU website.

*Regardless of residence, full-time active duty military personnel have the option to pay New Jersey residency tuition.

In my case I am active duty army.
johnjaxs Wrote:Yes, you do not have to be using TA or the GI Bill. You only have to be military, I do however believe you have to be "Active Duty Military".
Right, but I was referring to veterans, not active duty military. I mentioned I am not sure if you need to use the GI Bill or not to reap this benefit, because I believe the law that enforces the in-state tuition policy for vets (Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014) specifically covers GI Bill funding. But, I am too lazy to read through the bill.
Outis Wrote:Right, but I was referring to veterans, not active duty military. I mentioned I am not sure if you need to use the GI Bill or not to reap this benefit, because I believe the law that enforces the in-state tuition policy for vets (Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014) specifically covers GI Bill funding. But, I am too lazy to read through the bill.

Gotcha, I thought you were referring to using the GI Bill altogether, since you can use it while you are still in.
Outis Wrote:Right, but I was referring to veterans, not active duty military. I mentioned I am not sure if you need to use the GI Bill or not to reap this benefit, because I believe the law that enforces the in-state tuition policy for vets (Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014) specifically covers GI Bill funding. But, I am too lazy to read through the bill.

Ah, ok. Misconception here. The bill requires schools to consider recently seperated military members who were either STATIONED in that state, or moved to that state upon seperation, to be considered residents for the sake of tuition, or they can not receive any payments from the VA. Those of us outside the state without a connection need to apply for the Yellow Ribbon scholarship to make up the difference between in-state and out-of-state or pay out of pocket. A number of schools offer veterans the in-state tuition regardless, but they are not required to by law. Some states actually prohibit schools fom offering in-state tuition to anyone not an actual resident (other than those vets & dependents mentioned above), and the schools usually get around it with the Yellow Ribbon scholarship that's almost automatic for veterans.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
TESU is getting rid of the enrolled options plan April 1st. I called Friday to switch to that plan from the military degree completion program so I won't need the 24 residency credits and they told me because I asked if I could still use tuition assistance for teceps or a class or two and they said not with the enrolled plan which makes no sense to me why not. So now I have to call veteran affairs on Monday to see if this lady knew what she was talking about. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they planned on switching to get out of the residency requirement like I'm doing.
waitforit Wrote:TESU is getting rid of the enrolled options plan April 1st. I called Friday to switch to that plan from the military degree completion program so I won't need the 24 residency credits and they told me because I asked if I could still use tuition assistance for teceps or a class or two and they said not with the enrolled plan which makes no sense to me why not. So now I have to call veteran affairs on Monday to see if this lady knew what she was talking about. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they planned on switching to get out of the residency requirement like I'm doing.

Did they specifically say they were getting rid of the Enrolled Options Plan? I was always under the impression that those using TA had to be under MDCP.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Well so much for having the government pay for my BA. Looks like TA for military members might not cover tuition under this new plan considering it is capped at $250. And I was only 24 credits away banghead

Edit: It seems they have not updated their tuition rates page for military. I will give them a call on Monday. http://www.tesu.edu/military/Tuition-Fees.cfm
25BangBang Wrote:Well so much for having the government pay for my BA. Looks like TA for military members might not cover tuition under this new plan considering it is capped at $250. And I was only 24 credits away banghead

Edit: It seems they have not updated their tuition rates page for military. I will give them a call on Monday. Thomas Edison State University: Tuition & Fees

True, I had to pay out of pocket for mine and I am lower enlisted, for those who don't understand how much that is. I make basically what a full-time Walmart worker (cashier, maintenance, stocker) makes. In fact when I was at Walmart my pay was higher.

"Did they specifically say they were getting rid of the Enrolled Options Plan?"

I personally feel like that is the road they are heading. I hope I am wrong.
johnjaxs Wrote:True, I had to pay out of pocket for mine and I am lower enlisted, for those who don't understand how much that is. I make basically what a full-time Walmart worker (cashier, maintenance, stocker) makes. In fact when I was at Walmart my pay was higher.

"Did they specifically say they were getting rid of the Enrolled Options Plan?"

I personally feel like that is the road they are heading. I hope I am wrong.

They added the Enrolled Options Plan to the sidebar and put 2016-2017.

Does TA cover the Comprehensive Tuition Plan? Would they cover TECEPs taken under the Comprehensive Tuition Plan?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:They added the Enrolled Options Plan to the sidebar and put 2016-2017.

That is good news.

sanantone Wrote:Does TA cover the Comprehensive Tuition Plan? Would they cover TECEPs taken under the Comprehensive Tuition Plan?

As far as I know the school is the one that makes those rules about TA. TA is capped at a total of $4500 per fiscal year and can only be used to pay tuition, not enrollment or other fees. As for TECEPs they refused to pay for my Strategic Management TECEP, so I am guessing no. All that being said I am no expert on TA/GI Bill and the rules surrounding them, I only know what I been told by the educational officers.

I believe most schools require a residency for using TA/GI Bill simply because they know it is not really your money you are spending. So they do not need to worry about you defaulting on it. That being said TA only covers up to 16 credits, at a $250 limit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,977 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,643 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,732 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,592 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,323 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore