Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies
(01-27-2018, 06:37 PM)originalamyj Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 04:42 PM)omuneek Wrote: I have been lurking on this forum for a few months now and I have received so much information.  Now I am at a point where I could use some help.  TESU has evaluated my transcripts from CCAF and various other colleges.  My issue is that I would like to know if there are economical methods to obtain credits for the following so that I can complete a BSBA in Gen Mgmt at TESU.  I have taken several courses through Straighterline, but I have not tried any other alternative means.  I am less than hours away.  SL=Straighterline

1. Information Literacy (3 hrs)
  2. Civic Engagement (3 hrs)
  3. BUS 210 or STA 201 Mathematics Principles of Stats - SL?
  4. TES 100
  5. Financial Accounting - SL?
  6. Business Law LAW 201 - SL?
  7. Principles of Finance FIN-301
  8. Principles of Management MAN 301 - SL?
  9. Introduction to Marketing MAR-301
  10. International Mgmt/Bus Society/Int Marketing/Int Business
  11. Managerial Communications MAN-373
  12. Acct/Finance/Mgmt/Marketing Upper Level 300+
  13. Acct/Finance/Mgmt/Marketing Lower Level
  14. CAPSTONE

I’d suggest starting a new thread. Your question will get lost in this one. Smile
Thank you! Wink
BA Liberal Studies, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
ASNSM, Computer Science, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AS General Studies, 2016, Northwestern State University, LA
Am I mistaken in thinking Professional Writing is the same as Technical Writing and has anyone heard or confirmed if Professional / Technical Writing will fulfill the English II requirement?
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
TESU recently changed this on the gen ed webpage, so I don't know if they will accept Tech Writing in lieu of English Comp I or II. You should contact them and find out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This was the most relevant thread I could find to report this information so here it is:

Shmoop's Professional Writing came in on my evaluation as "ENG-306 Inter. Tech Wrtg. & Prof. Wt." as my Informational Literacy GE requirement.
[-] The following 3 users Like scaffdog's post:
  • badooble, leland.kirk, MSK9
(01-26-2018, 09:56 AM)badooble Wrote: I don't know what it will come in as at TESU, but I did Shmoop's Intro to E-commerce in a few hours yesterday.  Very easy to 'test out of' without much reading, if you're already a little familiar with the covered topics.

I assume you'd had the credits evaluated at TESU by now... what did the Shmoop E-Commerce course come into TESU as?
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I'm also curious to know what the e-commerce came in as too.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I live in India and I am looking for some advice as to how I can go about finishing courses online and earning credits. I wish to utilize the next 10 months in the most effective manner and power my journey towards an undergrad psychology degree in TESU. So far, I have managed to browse through Saylor, Shmoop, Study.com, Aleks & Ed4credit. Any more suggestions?

How much does it cost to take courses on SNHU? From whatever I am seeing, they are far more expensive than Shmoop or Study.com. Also, Shmoop has proctored exams now. Did you have to complete them too?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(09-10-2018, 09:50 AM)Supermind Wrote: I live in India and I am looking for some advice as to how I can go about finishing courses online and earning credits. I wish to utilize the next 10 months in the most effective manner and power my journey towards an undergrad psychology degree in TESU. So far, I have managed to browse through Saylor, Shmoop, Study.com, Aleks & Ed4credit. Any more suggestions?

How much does it cost to take courses on SNHU? From whatever I am seeing, they are far more expensive than Shmoop or Study.com. Also, Shmoop has proctored exams now. Did you have to complete them too?

TESU no longer takes Shmoop.   You're reply to an old outdated thread. SNHU is a college/university so far more expensive to take a course with them directly than with providers such as Saylor, Study.com, Aleks & Ed4credit.  Here is the most current link to this forum's wiki page https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Here is the most current beginners overview info (posted by bjcheung77): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid264199

Once you are caught up with this, then you should start a new thread of your own to ask questions.  Good luck to you!
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks so much allvia.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I just happened to read that TESU does not accept FEMA credits. I see that the 3 TEEX cybersecurity courses are associated with FEMA. I have completed CS-101 and just begun 201 now. Are they accepted by TESU? If I am considering BA-Psychology, what requirements would these CS courses fulfill in that case?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,024 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,323 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,818 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore