Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New UL Math courses at Coopermsith
Unfortunately, an advisor told me that MAT-302, 304 and 305 would come in as LL.

At least we now have an UL alt credit option for Linear Algebra.
To add to the confusion, and advisor told me that the Coopersmith ones that are labelled "LL or UL" through NCCRS will all transfer in as UL, because, and I quote "they match the course they transfer TO" which we all know isn't exactly true.

So, still up in the air. I'm working on it, though, I'm 10 classes from testing out of a BSBA in Math here. Finances are tight, so getting what I can while having an unfortunately low income and two kids isn't easy.
-----
Testing through BA In Mathematics via TESU - Graduation planned in 2020
Attending ECPI Online for Mechanical Engineering Technology - Bachelors - Graduation planned in 2020
LOL, I kinda dislike math now, but Linear Algebra is something I would like to "learn and take"!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Oof was so happy to find this thread starting off positively and then I got to the end rip. I know I’m definitely going to try linear algebra with CS now

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I'm surprised TESU accepts Coopersmith's Linear Algebra (MAT-305) at all
it says right here on the TESU page
https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/mathematics
"Linear Algebra (calculus-based) (prerequisite of calculus in description)"

and I don't see calculus mentioned at all on the coopersmith page
https://www.coopersmithcc.net/shop/
maybe I'm just blind
At least on my husband's evaluation for TESU BACS, Coppersmith Linear Algebra comes in as UL, MAT-321. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
What is the course structure of CopperSmith?

Is it like Steaighterline or SDC?
------------------

I could be wrong but I believe Cooper Smith courses are all PowerPoint and some may or may not have videos, albeit very crude ones

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(04-15-2020, 01:23 PM)akr680 Wrote: What is the course structure of CopperSmith?

Is it like Steaighterline or SDC?

(06-17-2020, 03:31 PM)scorpion Wrote: I've taken the Coopersmith PSY-303 Physiological Psychology course and transferred it to TESU (my degree plan). The format was a single comprehensive exam, with around 35 multiple choice & 5 short answer questions. I did not use MyPsychLab but I did use the textbook.

I had a lot of domain knowledge going in, so I was able to finish within a couple weeks. If you're starting from scratch, I'd set aside a month to learn the material comfortably and make time for the textbook readings. Coopersmith provided an outline of expected readings, practice questions, a comprehensive powerpoint outline, and a short crash-course powerpoint and video. If you hit all of the practice questions and topics covered in the outlines, you shouldn't have any surprises on the exam.

My grades were posted within a week, but I didn't get any notification when they sent my transcript to TESU. You may need to prod them if you're in a time crunch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,795 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,809 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat