Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New UMPI degrees?
Hey guys it's me again. Around the time when I joined the forum I read somewhere that there will come some new UMPI yourpace degree programs including IT or CS. I don't remember whether or not it was on this forum or anywhere else but I am like 95% sure that it was here because I really don't have much to do with UMPI or degree hacking outside of this forum. I tried using the search bar but couldn't find the thread. Does anybody remember what I mean? If one could link the thread that would be great! Also when do you guys think will UMPI migrate to Brightspace and what degree programs would you like to see in the yourpace format?
Let me know  Big Grin
I don't think you'll see any new degrees until after the move to Brightspace is complete. They haven't added any in a couple of years. Still no word on when they're moving to Brightspace. They keep pushing it back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I emailed Jessica last week and she said she doesn't know if/when CS will come to YourPace.
[-] The following 1 user Likes flamewerks's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-31-2023, 09:43 AM)IReallyNeedADegree Wrote: Hey guys it's me again. Around the time when I joined the forum I read somewhere that there will come some new UMPI yourpace degree programs including IT or CS. I don't remember whether or not it was on this forum or anywhere else but I am like 95% sure that it was here 

Yes, there was a discussion about it quite a long time ago now, and they were planning on adding it, but there has been no mention since then, no updates, nothing.  I think it was put off for the time being.

Sorry, but I don't do much searching on here since I find it impossible - so no link.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-31-2023, 01:56 PM)flamewerks Wrote: I emailed Jessica last week and she said she doesn't know if/when CS will come to YourPace.

did she have any other news?

(05-31-2023, 08:42 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-31-2023, 09:43 AM)IReallyNeedADegree Wrote: Hey guys it's me again. Around the time when I joined the forum I read somewhere that there will come some new UMPI yourpace degree programs including IT or CS. I don't remember whether or not it was on this forum or anywhere else but I am like 95% sure that it was here 

Yes, there was a discussion about it quite a long time ago now, and they were planning on adding it, but there has been no mention since then, no updates, nothing.  I think it was put off for the time being.

Sorry, but I don't do much searching on here since I find it impossible - so no link.

yeah its kinda hard finding what youre searching for with the search bar
Many-page multi-year thread, started by ashkir in April 2021, discussing computer science and other potential future UMPI programs:
UMPI YourPace Computer Science
(06-04-2023, 05:05 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: Many-page multi-year thread, started by ashkir in April 2021, discussing computer science and other potential future UMPI programs:

That's what the OP is referencing. It's been a discussion on here periodically since ashkir's initial post. Nothing has happened in YourPace since then really. I do think the move to Brightspace is going to open up more opportunities than Strut. It will be great for students because they'll be able to communicate with each other which they can't do on Strut.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
Hopefully there will be changes, but I don't think it'll be that soon, maybe in a year or more... If you can't wait for the degree, there are other options available...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
thank you all for linking the thread!

(06-04-2023, 05:05 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: Many-page multi-year thread, started by ashkir in April 2021, discussing computer science and other potential future UMPI programs:

(06-04-2023, 05:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

That's what the OP is referencing. It's been a discussion on here periodically since ashkir's initial post. Nothing has happened in YourPace since then really. I do think the move to Brightspace is going to open up more opportunities than Strut. It will be great for students because they'll be able to communicate with each other which they can't do on Strut.

(06-04-2023, 10:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hopefully there will be changes, but I don't think it'll be that soon, maybe in a year or more... If you can't wait for the degree, there are other options available...
actually degree wise i could wait its just that i think umpi currently offers the best bang for your buck and if they added more variety they would be the undisputed king of degreehacking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,417 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 164 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 156 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 212 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 845 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,414 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 198 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 935 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,252 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares