Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Upcoming Sociology Course From Sophia(ACE)
LINK

SOCIOLOGY: EMBRACING DIVERSITY AND COLLABORATION
Credit Recommendation & Competencies
Level
Credits (SH)
Subject
Lower-Division Baccalaureate
general sociology

It looks like this one is going to incorporate written papers which I think is to be expected for the majority of upcoming offerings from Sophia. I think it's interesting that Sophia seems to be releasing a lot of unique variations of GE classes they already have in the social studies category like U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future, and Smarter Decisions Through Psychology. While having more options for classes is certainly nice, I think Sophia is really missing out on a lot of potential classes in other subjects like math and science. Many students will only have room for a few social science and humanity courses, leaving much of Sophia's catalog untapped for students. Still, I'm happy to see Sophia adding to their offerings, and hopefully, they will continue to grow and expand.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • WALLACEMC11
Many of the newer classes are specifically designed for the Capella/Strayer programs and not the outside world. When you have 80,000 of your own students, you may not need to worry about the outside market.
"Diversity is so great, there is never a reason not to be more diverse. I wish we could all be diverse" and then collect your A
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(09-09-2021, 11:07 AM)MNomadic Wrote: It looks like this one is going to incorporate written papers which I think is to be expected for the majority of upcoming offerings from Sophia. I think it's interesting that Sophia seems to be releasing a lot of unique variations of GE classes they already have in the social studies category like U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future, and Smarter Decisions Through Psychology. While having more options for classes is certainly nice, I think Sophia is really missing out on a lot of potential classes in other subjects like math and science. Many students will only have room for a few social science and humanity courses, leaving much of Sophia's catalog untapped for students. Still, I'm happy to see Sophia adding to their offerings, and hopefully, they will continue to grow and expand.

I agree with you there. Sophia definitely could add other GE courses, but they've come a long way in the year I've been using them!
In-progress/Upcoming:
South College - EDD - Higher Education
Southern Utah University - MM - Music Technology

Certs: ComptiaA+, SAS Data Scientist

Completed:
WGU - MS - Curriculum and Instruction, 2024
Thomas Edison State University - BA - Liberal Studies, 2023
Charter Oak State College - AA - General Studies, 2021

Certs: Google IT Support
I hate the names of the new courses, they're ridiculous.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic, NC Coach, NoStudentNoCry
(09-09-2021, 01:17 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: "Diversity is so great, there is never a reason not to be more diverse. I wish we could all be diverse" and then collect your A
I have taken close to 20 courses at Sophia, and the general sociology course has so far been the worst of them all. By far. It's full of straight up leftist propaganda. "Diversity is great" and "systemic racism" where mantras that were repeated endlessly with little evidence to support these general claims. My suspicion is that sociology as a research and educational field is corrupted beyond repair.
Information 
Here's another new course incoming for Sophia: Preparing for the Future of Work. This one also appears to count as sociology credit.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(09-10-2021, 01:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I hate the names of the new courses, they're ridiculous.
Looking forward to Art History: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClockworkHammer's post:
  • sophia UX
(09-24-2021, 06:51 PM)ClockworkHammer Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 01:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I hate the names of the new courses, they're ridiculous.
Looking forward to Art History: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

What, is that a real course name? Hahaha...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-24-2021, 05:59 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Here's another new course incoming for Sophia: Preparing for the Future of Work. This one also appears to count as sociology credit.

That's a Strayer course. It's their cornerstone (Sophia's College Readiness SHOULD meet this requirement, IMO, but it does not). If TESU brings it in the same as Strayer, it's WRK100 - an elective.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 425 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 885 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,065 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 112 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 742 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 991 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab