Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here - Looking to upgrade to a degree (Canadian resident)
Check out the TESU page for alternatives to WES.
I used WES cause every school seems to accept them and the process was simple. Check out the TESU international students page for alternatives:

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Check out the WES page you can mail the envelopes yourself to WES but they must be sealed from the school.

Yes you need a math course for the BALS ALEKS intermediate algebra was an easy option but you no longer get credit now. There are some other courses some persons have taken like the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP but I dint take it myself so cant comment.

All major course providers and courses are proctored. Check out Study.com, Straighterline, Ed4Credit and Sophia Learning, Saylor Academy. Straighterline is the fastest and cheapest if you are a good test taker. Study.com is affordable if you like to take it slow you do 2 courses a month. If you need a lot of time check to complete you work check out ed4credit, you take up to 4 months for a course without paying mothly fees.

All are proctored except the free ones.
In terms of easiest it is relative to your learning type and what you sre good at. I would say Sophia Learning is easiest. You pay premium price for premium content. The hardest is Saylor Academy and well Shmoop, but Shmoop isnt accepted anymore. You check the link I sent you?

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...technology

It would give you an idea of what courses are like.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(07-30-2018, 04:30 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Check out the TESU page for alternatives to WES.
I used WES cause every school seems to accept them and the process was simple. Check out the TESU international students page for alternatives:

Check out the WES page you can mail the envelopes yourself to WES but they must be sealed from the school.

Yes you need a math course for the BALS ALEKS intermediate algebra was an easy option but you no longer get credit now. There are some other courses some persons have taken like the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP but I dint take it myself so cant comment.

All major course providers and courses are proctored. Check out Study.com, Straighterline, Ed4Credit and Sophia Learning, Saylor Academy. Straighterline is the fastest and cheapest if you are a good test taker. Study.com is affordable if you like to take it slow you do 2 courses a month. If you need a lot of time check to complete you work check out ed4credit, you take up to 4 months for a course without paying mothly fees.

In terms of easiest it is relative to your learning type and what you sre good at. I would say Sophia Learning is easiest. You pay premium price for premium content. The hardest is Saylor Academy and well Shmoop, but Shmoop isnt accepted anymore. You check the link I sent you?

Yeah, I took a look and that's what confused me, some say they were not proctored on the exams. 

Math is definitely a week point for me, I can just do simple stuff/business math. I think an algebra course (even beginners) would be really difficult for me, that's the whole reason I took a college program without any. 

For your BALS, there is a standard format and a concentration format, right? You just stuck to the standard courses?
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
I can possibly help with your transcript

If you have your degree and transcript with you, you can send a picture/scan to spantran online and they will evaluate them (or did when I did it). They are a member of naces and are accepted by TESU. You should contact them and see if they still do that.

https://www.spantran.com/faqs-for-students/

I'm also a Canadian and completed my BSBA in about 9 months, I used mainly StraighterLine and Study.com, I find study.com you can do courses really fast, I could do 1 per week. Straighterline it depends, they changed the grading criteria last couple of months and it makes it harder to go fast.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(07-30-2018, 05:53 PM)posabsolute Wrote: I can maybe help with your transcript

If you have your degree and transcript with you, you can send a picture/scan of them to spantran online and they will evaluate them (or did them I did that). They are a member of naces and are accepted by TESU. You should contact them and see if they still do that.

I'm also a Canadian and completed my BSBA in about 9 months, I used mainly StraighterLine and Study.com, I find study.com you can do courses really fast, I could do 1 per week. Straighterline it depends, they changed the grading criteria last couple of months and it makes it harder to go fast.
Fast depends on your learning style cause I dont think so for me SDC is terrible... It also depends on the subject. What is easy and fast for one is not for another, try all platforms and see which is best. For me I liked SL and Shmoop. SL its only the math courses (precalc and calc) dosent align with the instruction but anything else I prefer shmoop and SL to study.com, can go faster.

Many SL courses if you focus you can finish 2-3 a week in most of the gen ed, especially for the BALS cause you wont be doing the boring business courses lol...what SL make harder? You read a module and take a test, also many SL courses you can pass BEFORE the final exam...you could 'half-ass' the final and still pass..lol with study.com you cant do that.

And WES is costly , but if you have to do another undergrad every school accepts them, I havent met a prospective undergrad school that doesnt take WES...its your choice.

(07-30-2018, 05:06 PM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 04:30 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Check out the TESU page for alternatives to WES.

Yeah, I took a look and that's what confused me, some say they were not proctored on the exams. 

Math is definitely a week point for me, I can just do simple stuff/business math. I think an algebra course (even beginners) would be really difficult for me, that's the whole reason I took a college program without any. 

For your BALS, there is a standard format and a concentration format, right? You just stuck to the standard courses?

Well until recently the Shmoop courses were not proctored but now all the major course providers are proctored.
Math requires practice. Sophia has superb instruction for math. Everything is explained and the practice tests align with the final. I have heard many math challenged people say that the liberal arts math TECEP is easy, so you could check that out but you must do a math course. In the mean time you wait for your credits to be evaluated and then applied to your degree program you can do some Khan Academy or youtube. Dont be shy to start from Artihmetic and work your way up. When you cant do math its cause somewhere along the line you missed something.

Yes there is a standard version 'no concentration' and a concentration. Fastest is no concentration.

If you have time and patience you can try ALEKS...its slow and painful with math but when you are done you will learn math...they are renewed till 2020 and unproctored so no pressure of exams.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(07-30-2018, 05:53 PM)posabsolute Wrote: I can maybe help with your transcript

If you have your degree and transcript with you, you can send a picture/scan of them to spantran online and they will evaluate them (or did them I did that). They are a member of naces and are accepted by TESU. You should contact them and see if they still do that.

Thank you, I will contact them and see what they say. From their website, it does seem like they accept photocopies? I have a couple of transcripts already which I ordered a few years back, so it would save me obtaining new ones and possibly paying for them again if they would accept these.

In the meantime, I will try some of the free courses to get those out of the way.
Credits:
Yeah, my transcripts were 10 years old but looked like new, they did not ask any questions and I was grateful that the process was so smooth (not sending transcripts across countries..). Mine were even more complicated, in french, coming from cegep which is not exactly a community college...

The one thing I would say is you will have to get in a rhythm, if you can do that then you can literally eat away classes, but it's going to take some dedication.

I would argue that SL changed the grading criterias heavily against easy testing, when I first started with them, almost all courses, you could do some mistaked in the quizzes and, as you say, still have almost 70% before doing the final exam. Now almost all courses, the final exam is worth 30% or less, so I think it depends if the course is open book to really say this is a walk in the park..

Study.com, my feeling is that almost all the business classes are linked together, if you do those really fast you always build up from prior knowledge, exams are easy, give you a lot of dumb questions to pad in case you have a difficult one..

I never failed an exam on study.com, even applied accounting where I was SURE I would fail. That being said, I did zero gen courses with study.com only business/cs courses.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Do most people think the BALS is the easiest to obtain?

How about communications, international studies, criminal justice, etc?

Is it because courses for LS are more readily available online?

Thanks
Credits:
(07-31-2018, 08:12 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: Do most people think the BALS is the easiest to obtain?

How about communications, international studies, criminal justice, etc?

Is it because courses for LS are more readily available online?

Thanks

Its not what most people "think". The easiest and degrees to test out of starting from zero are the BALS and BSBA.

Comm and IR could get very expensive cause the online course providers dont have all the courses..also CJ you could get a lot of the courses through propero..but they're not cheap.

If you dont want the BALS or the BSBA and have the money, do two study.com courses and take the comprehensive tuition plan at TESU. Currently credit for credit its the cheapest of the big 3 if you take all 36 credits, some may disagree with me but its cheaper than a lot of the schools I looked at from the perspective of an out of state, international, out if pocket payer who dosent have clep/dsst and financial aid and modern states etc

You say you want a fast degree do the BALS. Its fastest at TESU cause a lot of people have an idea of what transfers there are more UL options.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(07-30-2018, 10:21 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Yeah, my transcripts were 10 years old but looked like new, they did not ask any questions and I was grateful that the process was so smooth (not sending transcripts across countries..). Mine were even more complicated, in french, coming from cegep which is not exactly a community college...

The one thing I would say is you will have to get in a rhythm, if you can do that then you can literally eat away classes, but it's going to take some dedication.

I would argue that SL changed the grading criterias heavily against easy testing, when I first started with them, almost all courses, you could do some mistaked in the quizzes and, as you say, still have almost 70% before doing the final exam. Now almost all courses, the final exam is worth 30% or less, so I think it depends if the course is open book to really say this is a walk in the park..

Study.com, my feeling is that almost all the business classes are linked together, if you do those really fast you always build up from prior knowledge, exams are easy, give you a lot of dumb questions to pad in case you have a difficult one..

I never failed an exam on study.com, even applied accounting where I was SURE I would fail. That being said, I did zero gen courses with study.com only business/cs courses.

It seems like they still need documents sent directly from the school as well, unless their policy changed. 

Hello, 

We can use your documents for the evaluation, but for verification, we must receive the documents directly from the university. You can do that by either paying our verification fee and we will reach out on your behalf, or, you can contact your school and request your documents be mailed or emailed directly to us. 

Best, 

The Evaluation Team
status@spantran.com / 713-266-8805
SpanTran: The Evaluation Company 
http://www.spantran.com
Credits:
(07-31-2018, 09:03 AM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:21 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Yeah, my transcripts were 10 years old but looked like new, they did not ask any questions and I was grateful that the process was so smooth (not sending transcripts across countries..). Mine were even more complicated, in french, coming from cegep which is not exactly a community college...

It seems like they still need documents sent directly from the school as well, unless their policy changed. 

Hello, 

We can use your documents for the evaluation, but for verification, we must receive the documents directly from the university. You can do that by either paying our verification fee and we will reach out on your behalf, or, you can contact your school and request your documents be mailed or emailed directly to us. 

Best, 

The Evaluation Team
status@spantran.com / 713-266-8805
SpanTran: The Evaluation Company 
http://www.spantran.com

Just take my advice and send to WES. Every evaluator would need you to send verified docs, if thry dont then dont trust them. What is stopping me from printing something stating I have all A's in whatever course? I did this same process like very recently and WES is the best....Pay the rush fees, contact the school, let them courier (FexEx, DHL) your docs to WES, pay for the rush fees and sit back and wait.

If you dont decide to go with TESU then everyone takes WES and your money wont be wasted.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 158 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 136 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,724 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 212 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,077 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 252 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,208 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK