Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything new??
(01-16-2020, 01:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 04:48 PM)Gooberman11 Wrote: Has there been any changes to the Liberal Studies Capstone? 

The capstone now requires an oral presentation if, for some reason, you do wind up going with TESU.

I’m dreading the Capstone once I start it in May.  I just want this crap done and over with.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrighterFuture88's post:
  • saraholson
(01-16-2020, 01:51 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 01:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 04:48 PM)Gooberman11 Wrote: Has there been any changes to the Liberal Studies Capstone? 

The capstone now requires an oral presentation if, for some reason, you do wind up going with TESU.

wow ! seriously ? 

little by little its getting more annoying, more expensive, more time consuming to do an online BS at the big 3 and other schools 

cornerstone, capstone, science lab requirement, foreign language requirement (SUNY Empire), transfer limits, expensive residency waiver fees ... 

ah longing for the good old days of BA in 4 weeks

Yup!  12-15 slides and develop a recorded video presentation (8 to 10 minutes) on the goals, achievements, and conclusions of the capstone project. Be sure to indicate interpretations of your findings including a full analysis and what you learned when completing this project. Upload and post your video by the beginning of Week 10, allowing classmates the opportunity to view and comment on your work throughout Weeks 10 and 11.

I've got 9 more days to go in the capstone and will have to record my final presentation based on mentor/class feedback (if I choose to rerecord). They just implemented this within the last 6 months I believe.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • warriortaupou
What are the costs of COSC BA in Liberal Arts if one already finished the maximum number of outside transferable credits?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pelican's post:
  • Vision2020
(01-18-2020, 07:55 PM)Pelican Wrote: What are the costs of COSC BA in Liberal Arts if one already finished the maximum number of outside transferable credits?

With Study.com (1 course) or SL (4 coures) 10% discount), last time I checked:

Application fee $50
Student Services Fee $266
Technology Fee $68
Cornerstone $1131
Capstone $1131
Graduation Fee $203
TOTAL $2848 (if you do cornerstone & capstone in a single term, otherwise it's $3181 if you do it in 2 terms)

(01-16-2020, 01:51 PM)bluebooger Wrote: wow ! seriously ? 

little by little its getting more annoying, more expensive, more time consuming to do an online BS at the big 3 and other schools 

cornerstone, capstone, science lab requirement, foreign language requirement (SUNY Empire), transfer limits, expensive residency waiver fees ... 

ah longing for the good old days of BA in 4 weeks

The BAin4Weeks thing was back in 2001, so I'm going to say that it SHOULD be more expensive 20 years later to get a degree - by virtue of inflation alone.

Also, BAin4Weeks was military and got all of his CLEP/DSST exams for free.  If he'd paid full price for them, it would be close to $80/exam including test center fees back then.  So probably close to $3000 just in exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • bluebooger, jsd, suzycupcake
I'm kicing myself for not knowing about these degrees hwen you could TECEP out of the capstone.
(01-19-2020, 10:43 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote: I'm kicing myself for not knowing about these degrees hwen you could TECEP out of the capstone.

Unless you were part of the sister board or this board before 2012, you would not have known. The Big 3 got rid of the "easy way out button" then, all the degrees from the Big 3 started with Capstones that year. The only exception was the TESU BSBA, it was my check the box degree, and that ended 3 years ago.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Does COSC actually have a Liberal Studies or Liberal Arts degree? I searched through the list of degrees and the closest I can find is "General Studies".
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pelican's post:
  • warriortaupou
(01-19-2020, 12:29 PM)Pelican Wrote: Does COSC actually have a Liberal Studies or Liberal Arts degree? I searched through the list of degrees and the closest I can find is "General Studies".

Within the General Studies degree is a "liberal studies" concentration.  Here https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)