Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New options
I get some new info regarding an affordable way to get credits for a degree.
new mexico junior college they are offering AS Degree in computer information technology the will start on January they told me by phone, and also by email i requested some information since they weren't offering the degree online now i see the highest price per credit outstate is $69 and instate $38 and the college also is Regionally accredited.
you need at least take 15 credits from their institution to get the associate degree all the other credits can be transferred so this is a good  option besides to a national accredited Penn Foster college most of their ACE credits courses are already expired.

All courses must be completed with a "C" or better. The student must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. A minimum of 15 semester hours must be earned at NMJC. The remainder may be acceptable transfer credits. Transitional and / or developmental courses do not fulfill any of the above requirements. Students will not be permitted to graduate if they have unresolved incomplete (I) grades on their academic record.

Out-of-state resident tuition
  • Maximum cost for twelve (12) hours or more per semester: $828.00

• Cost per hour for one through twelve hours per semester: $69.00

if you calculate you can get an associate degree for less that $ 2000,- if using salylor.com and onlinedegree.com

THE EMAIL Response

Hello Gabriel, it was nice to visit with you this morning. Starting in the spring 2019 semester we will offer the AAS degree in CIS completely online.  I have attached the degree plan for the AAS degree for you to review. You will notice that there is very few classes that are required which allow you the opportunity to select courses in the computer area that interest you.  We currently offer five courses that allow you to test for industry certifications within the courses. So there is a possibility that you could have five CIS certifications as well as the AAS degree when you complete the program.

Yes, you can transfer courses into the college, but as far as how many of them would transfer I can’t say, as that is done in the Registrar’s office. I have also included a link that has information regarding our tuition and fees below. If you have any future questions, please feel free to contact me.
Mrs. Shook

http://www.nmjc.edu/tuitionandfees/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files
.pdf   Associate of Science - Nov 2017-1.xlsm.pdf (Size: 495.76 KB / Downloads: 13)
.pdf   Grantham University (2).pdf (Size: 391.68 KB / Downloads: 12)

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • harrypotter
That's cool. I think NMJC holds a fine place in a lot of people's hearts on this forum. Good to see them developing a cert-producing online degree. That looks really neat and useful.

I kind of regret never going for the Business AAS, but I was so hell bent on getting my English degree at the time that I couldn't tell my head from my tail. Maybe some day.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I don't think you're comparing apples-to-apples here, if you're looking to use NMJC instead of one of the Big 3 or Pierpont. NMJC doesn't accept ACE credit as far as I can see - they take CLEP, but not DSST, and that's always a good indicator of their ACE acceptance. I searched their catalog, they don't list Saylor either.

So, yes, you can transfer courses there - that being the operative word: COURSES. You can't transfer ACE/NCCRS credit there. And there is a maximum on the number of CLEP exams you can take as well (maximum 45cr between CLEP and AP).

And NMJC is not a new option - we mention them fairly regularly here on this forum as an inexpensive way to get RA credits, especially for lab sciences.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I think they meant new as in the degree option. That’s how I took it anyway
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(08-23-2018, 09:50 AM)Tedium Wrote: I think they meant new as in the degree option. That’s how I took it anyway

I couldn't quite figure out what the OP was thinking was new.  But they did mention bringing Saylor & OnlineDegree courses in, which can't happen, so I think it's pretty much off the table as an option, new or otherwise, for most people here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't know how Saylor and/or OnlineDegree transfer to NMJC. All I could find on their website is about AP exams and CLEP.
http://www.nmjc.edu/studentservices/coun...class.aspx
(08-23-2018, 11:31 AM)msganti Wrote: I don't know how Saylor and/or OnlineDegree transfer to NMJC. All I could find on their website is about AP exams and CLEP.
http://www.nmjc.edu/studentservices/coun...class.aspx

NMJC does not take American Council on Education (ACE) CREDIT, nor do they participate in the NCCRS program so they would not transfer into NMJC.  I don't believe any of the NM CCs participate in either; although there is some/limited participation in the NM 4 year Colleges/Universities.

As dfrecore mentioned NMJC is often recommended here for LL courses (especially the sciences w/labs) to be transferred out of NMJC into one of the Big 3 due to its low tuition rates for both in and out of state students.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 309 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 1,485 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BYU Pathway Worldwide - Ensign College (BYU-I Partnership Undergrad Options) bjcheung77 2 1,083 08-29-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pathophysiology options? allvia 12 1,907 08-24-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Biochemistry options? allvia 13 1,856 05-13-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,116 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  Psychology Careers - 9 Options bjcheung77 1 609 04-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Seeking alternative credit options Vle045 15 2,208 05-28-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Cheapest RA or NA bachelor degree options StoicJ 19 3,498 10-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Any inexpensive accelerated RA credit science course options? JWells247 19 3,670 09-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: ctcarl