Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Excelsior - Please advise on study guides
Hello,

I am new to Excelsior and I have never taken a Dantes exam ever (only a few CLEP exams). I am looking for a good study guide to use please.

Have anyone used Finish College Fast before (http://www.finishcollegefast.com)? I have never heard of them, so please advice.

Thank you, I would really appreciate any help!
your thread title should actually say
New to Dantes - Please advise on study guides

because Excelsior has their own exams called Uexcel and their own study guides for them
Excelsior College | 1. Choose Your Exam
and I thought that is what you wanted help with

it would also help if you told everyone specifically which dantes exam you are interested in taking
Hi, sorry I should have been more specific. I actually wanted to know if anyone has ever used Finish College Fast before since they say the do Clep and Dantes study guides. You are right, I need more information regarding Dantes because I have no idea where to find books and study guides for them.

I am not sure what Dantes I will be looking at, as I am still working out my roadmap and trying to get direction on all of this. I do think that I properly would do a bit of Dantes, especially upper level.
Hopes this makes sense, thanks!
I tried them for the Human Resource Management DSST, but they didn't seem any better than the Wise Owl study guides. If you have access to them in a library than go for it but if you're going to purchase I'd suggest something cheaper.

ETA: The Wise Owl guides were great for me, and in the process of checking how much they are, I found out that they're part of the kindleunlimited (and maybe KOLL...) library, so if you have a subscription (or do the 30-day free trial...) you can use them for no additional cost. Instantcert is still a highly recommended purchase though, as it's not only the flashcards but also the specific feedback forum. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&r...ns\c%20LLc
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Those are the "passyourclass" book series. I have tried two versions, and they are horrible and nowhere near enough information. You're better off using REA books or instantcert.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I just used the InstantCert flashcards, except for CLEP Analyzing and Interperting. I used REA for that. I did about 48 units in DSST/CLEP/Uexcel.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

In my opinion, the best study guide for any CLEP or DSST is one of the suggest textbooks.
UptonSinclair Wrote:In my opinion, the best study guide for any CLEP or DSST is one of the suggest textbooks.

Upton, I 100% agree, and you learn more too. That's how I studied for them. But I usually get drowned out by others who want or promote easy study, so I just suggest that to people nowadays.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thank you!
Thank you, I think I will go with the suggested textbooks! Good advise, appreciate it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,240 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,335 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,831 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU 2nd Area of Study mysonx3 20 4,236 08-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,817 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,152 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,901 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,275 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 955 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,249 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM