Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to excelsior what to expect
Tomorrow i start 2 classes at Excelsior. Information Literacy INL 102 and cornerstone IND 301. Can anyone shed some light on these courses? I am back to school for the first time in 15 years. I completed CCS 101- academic integrity. Any input would be appreciated.
In
I would also appreciate some more info on these courses as I may be joining soon after pierpont. I have never done a cornerstone or anything so I have absolutely no idea what to expect.
In Progress:
UMPI - BA Criminal Justice

Completed:
Pierpont: AAS BOG w/ Emphasis in Information Systems
Sophia: 19 Courses - The CSM Course - ASU: CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals
Coursera: Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Digital Marketing, IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
INL 102 is the easiest course, it can be done within a day if you want. The IND 301 course is also pretty straightforward. You choose a topic and work on it throughout the course, and it all contributes to the final paper.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

(01-08-2023, 03:28 PM)frankc Wrote: INL 102 is the easiest course, it can be done within a day if you want. The IND 301 course is also pretty straightforward. You choose a topic and work on it throughout the course, and it all contributes to the final paper.
When did you take INL 102?
(01-08-2023, 04:27 PM)new2this Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 03:28 PM)frankc Wrote: INL 102 is the easiest course, it can be done within a day if you want. The IND 301 course is also pretty straightforward. You choose a topic and work on it throughout the course, and it all contributes to the final paper.

Approximately six months ago
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

(01-08-2023, 05:20 PM)frankc Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 04:27 PM)new2this Wrote:

Approximately six months ago
Awesome thank you.
Agree with Frankc here, The INL 102 class I took in about a day just to be done with it, very easy but does give you a bit of insight on how the systems at EU work.

I went with the LA degree and here was my experience (just completed the capstone in December)

The Corner and Capstones are more intense and both have you working on a paper project throughout the 8 week class with that project counting as your final.  The cornerstone was pretty easy as long as you do the work since the point of the class is to build up student skills to complete other classes.  You will spend time learning how EU likes their papers, sources, and citations. You will also have a weekly assignment that is easy again as long as you do the work, it will be a video and some discussion of the topic.

Capstone is more difficult in that you are now being tested instead of instructed, the point of the Cap is to make sure you utilize what you learned pursuing your degree and that you can be professional. The main difficulty lies in less feedback as you complete a larger paper project and that there is a significant group project component.

The group project can be very difficult (I actually had a peer kicked out of the class altogether during this) but keep in mind that what they are actually testing you on for the group section is working as a professional team, the team dynamics are more important than the specific final project here so be a supportive and professional team-player.

Overall when you just take the 7 credits at EU, the experience is weird since you do not have any true class, they are either building you up so you know their systems or performing a final check of your general professional competency. As long as you do the work on time and respect the professor and classmates, it is easy to finish off the 7 credits, but it still takes work.

Overall I'm pretty content with EU over my journey there.
Thanks for the post, could you be more specific? What are the papers about? What are you actually doing in the capstone and cornerstone? What is the group doing in the project together?
In Progress:
UMPI - BA Criminal Justice

Completed:
Pierpont: AAS BOG w/ Emphasis in Information Systems
Sophia: 19 Courses - The CSM Course - ASU: CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals
Coursera: Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Digital Marketing, IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
I will comment on the thread I created close to 4 weeks ago.
Liberal arts cornerstone IND 301 with professor Borden was amazing. I had clear directions on each assignment.
Every week is as follows:
Step1- read the web text book assigned pages
Step 2-discussion board post due by Thursday
Step 3- reply to your classmates posts from Thursday Sunday
Step 4 complete the weekly paper by Sunday midnight

This is a general idea of what to expect. Purchase Grammarly and get to writing. It was worth it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 528 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 995 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,726 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,732 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,398 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,365 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,139 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,821 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,306 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,364 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az