Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to forum...Transcripts/gpa
Hi guys,

I'm new to all this, and was wonder how final transcripts and gpa are calculated? Hows it just show pass or credit...or actual grade letters etc?
I'm not sure what school yet either... But has anyone gone through CTU fast track? Does instacert help with it??

I'm just confused a bit and want to finish my degree asap
I looked at CTU Fast Track, and it doesn't look all that great. You can't fast track most of your degree. WGU, Capella, Patten, Hodges, NAU, Brandman, and University of Wisconsin have true competency-based programs. I think Bellevue also has one in business; the rest of the schools with competency-based programs only offer them at the graduate level.

Excelsior, TESU, and COSC can be viewed as competency-based, but the way you earn credits in a competency-based fashion is mostly externally through ACE/NCCRS credits and certifications. There aren't enough TECEPs or Uexcels to complete a degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I like the idea of testing for credits, but I don't have access to a test site anymore near me...so it's not an option. I liked patterns format of study material and take the final but the final papers got super Boring and I lost interest. I was looking for a similar format that you can get financial aid.
I think I'm getting overwhelmed trying to figure out a good option to get done. I'm not working because I had a baby, so I'm trying to be cost effective. Patten doesn't offer financial aid. I have a decent amount of units compketed, taken a couple clep/wanted exams, and just trying to figure what my options are.

Correction on my original post...I asked about transcripts etc meaning if u take a test for credits or a clep...is it pass /fail on transcripts or a letter?
You don't need a testing site to do most of the credits that people here advocate for. StraighterLine, Study.com, Davars and others are all tested out via your computer; you do online proctoring. TECEPS are online proctored as well. I did the first half of my degree while in Taiwan, and the only test-out credits I could not do was CLEPS, since there were no testing sites in the country. I could do UExcel tests, though; there were lots of proctoring sites there.

I think you might find it easier to test out of stuff than you think! I've only ever traveled to test for one exam; my English Comp via UExcel.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
(08-23-2017, 04:36 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: Correction on my original post...I asked about transcripts etc meaning if u take a test for credits or a clep...is it pass /fail on transcripts or a letter?

It depends on where you take the test and what school you attend. But most test-out and alternative credits show up as CR for "credit".

So is it better to test out of class or do something more like Straightliner?

I have been debating using study.com and instantcert for my gen eds them using SL for all my AOS and UL courses.
(08-28-2017, 11:52 AM)kalyway Wrote: So is it better to test out of class or do something more like Straightliner?

I have been debating using study.com and instantcert for my gen eds them using SL for all my AOS and UL courses.

It doesn't matter, they all come in as credit/no credit. No GPA. Do whichever you will be more successful at.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-28-2017, 11:52 AM)kalyway Wrote: So is it better to test out of class or do something more like Straightliner?

It depends on if you need GPA for grad school or other reasons. There are not many ways to get GPA besides taking courses, but COSC has GPA for Straighterline. TESU doesn't.

(08-28-2017, 05:04 PM)Ideas Wrote:

It depends on if you need GPA for grad school or other reasons. There are not many ways to get GPA besides taking courses, but COSC has GPA for Straighterline. TESU doesn't.

I see... I don't really have any plans on completing a masters degree any time soon. I guess my thoughts were revolving around price and time. How costly and time consuming Straighterline is vs CLEP/Study.com. I would like to have graduated by April 2018. I don't know exactly how many/which of my credits will transfer over into BSBA GM (probably this AOS as I think it's one that I'd enjoy the most... hopefully).
(08-28-2017, 05:10 PM)kalyway Wrote: I see... I don't really have any plans on completing a masters degree any time soon. I guess my thoughts were revolving around price and time. How costly and time consuming Straighterline is vs CLEP/Study.com. I would like to have graduated by April 2018. I don't know exactly how many/which of my credits will transfer over into BSBA GM (probably this AOS as I think it's one that I'd enjoy the most... hopefully).

To graduate in June, you have to apply by March 1st. To graduate in March, you have to apply by Jan 1st.

Speed depends on your test taking skills, how much of the material you already know, and other factors. Straighterline is quicker in general, if you are just trying to pass. CLEP requires going to a test center.

Many CLEPs can be free if you get it through Modern States. Study.com can be free (for the first 18 credits) if you get the Guardian Scholarship which many of us have done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,627 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU doesn't accept ACE transcripts of Study.com courses? jsh1138 35 8,099 03-29-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: tekplay99
Smile New to this forum, had a few questions mykal335i 12 2,689 03-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC & Straighterline Transcripts MichiganMax 4 1,550 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  New forum - new TECEP discussion originalamyj 4 1,603 09-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: aviator guy
  Adding Transcripts to TESU lmckown 3 1,369 09-04-2017, 05:22 PM
  Transcripts to TESU TROUBLE Mousebouncer 7 1,424 06-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mousebouncer
  TESU Official Transcripts Synicaal 8 6,191 06-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Finished, TE, Liberal Studies - big thank you to Degree Forum wizards JFH 6 1,422 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM
  Forum Help - TECEP - Federal Income Taxation Synicaal 7 2,034 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Collegelady2