Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to forum but hearing same old thing from doubters...
Tampalizard,

I have not taken any of those. I took the DSST Civil War exam a few weeks ago and passed that. I am now scheduled to take Money & Banking this Monday. What resources are you using to prepare for Money & Banking??
tampalizard Wrote:Thanks! The two DSST's I have taken are Organizational Behavior and Ethics. I have tried to avoid DSST's because I HATE to wait for results! There was no option in some cases though. On May 8th I have Money and Banking and Principals of Supervision scheduled. Then I will need Principles of Finance and Management Information Systems. That should be all the DSST's I need. Have you taken any of those? Any tips?

Money and Banking and Prin of Finance are prob two of the hardest DSST's out there. I would say have a healthy respect for them and study as much as you can (i.e. if you have time left over, study other resources too)
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I've gotten to where I could careless what anyone says anymore about whether it is a "real" degree or not. All I know is that by the mere fact that I was working towards my degree made my new employer happy.Big Grin So obviously it works. I always compare it to a metal key. I could say, "its just a piece of metal!" but all I know is that when I put it into the lock, the door opens! I get the degree and doors open.hilarious It is the way for many of us that don't have time nor money to go to a traditional college to get a degree and I know I've sweat alot studying...and it was real sweat! The same as the degree! God bless you for getting the degree while having children at the same time!
[SIZE="2"]If you worked REAL hard towards your degree and gets you a REAL job and a REAL raise then consider it a REAL DEGREE.......Rolleyes [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
tampalizard Wrote:Tomorrow I take the Labor relations ECE exam. Since there is no InstantCert material for it...I am basically going in "cold". I will keep you all posted on how I do. Thanks for all the support.Smile
good luck today, lizard. i am sending good vibes your way by not fighting with my husband and kids, how's that for labor relations. Wink keep us posted on your results. i passed the government test with a b, so that's one more off my plate. i'm envious of all of you guys so far into this and graduating soon, good luck to you all.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
The good vibes worked! I got an A and a B. Thanks again!
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
Great going on the Government exam!
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
tampalizard Wrote:The good vibes worked! I got an A and a B. Thanks again!

hi tampalizard,

Which two exams did you get an A and a B on? Somewhere along the way I lost track of which exams you were taking today. I thought it was only Labor Relations....or are these results of your last two DSSTs that just came in?
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
No, they were two ECE exams. Labor relations (A)and Human resources (B). Sorry about that.
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
tampalizard Wrote:No, they were two ECE exams. Labor relations (A)and Human resources (B). Sorry about that.

Awesome! Well done!

I haven't taken any ECE exams yet! All my exams have been DANTES and CLEP.

I am nervous about taking my first ECE. Only because it is a break from what I have been used to so far. I still have a few more DANTES/CLEPs to take for now. I am kind of pushing back taking any ECEs until I have to.

In my head, I can't help but think that the ECE exams will be MUCH harder than DANTES/CLEP.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the exams you took.

Congratulations,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,192 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  ASU - Another amazing thing about it cecilgambe7 8 1,248 10-21-2020, 04:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New to the forum, couple questions. ARhead 29 4,418 03-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Forum Users - How would you go about this? bjcheung77 7 2,161 11-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Newbies - PLEASE post your questions on the forum dfrecore 9 3,248 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Any other aspiring (or certified) real estate appraisers on the forum? dexter1326 6 2,856 12-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Moved to correct forum Kelly Green 0 710 09-24-2018, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Dismissal of online learning still a thing? eLearner 34 5,481 08-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  General Forum question vs. PM'ing someone dfrecore 14 2,331 08-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Specific Feedback Forum Question acamp 4 1,302 07-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: acamp